Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Oct.Newbies 2013 Moving forward in March

Hi all,

Can you believe that it is already March? Hopefully the weather will warm up soon and we can all start moving more in the great outdoors. Another move was to return to the original thread name, since it confused many!

Let's just keep on moving forward, putting one foot in front of the other and taking it one bite at a time.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Cant believe it is March!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Moving forward! Good title Slip!
Old 03-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hard to believe it is March already. It will be shorts and swimsuit season soon. Keep pushing friends. When I read the title of "moving forward", it gave me something to think about. The world will continue on no matter if I eat clean and exercise or not. So it is a 100% up to me if I am going to get these up pounds off and keep the weightloss off. I already knew this, but is sometimes a good reminder to see/think about it again.
Last night I decided I was going to start my training for the 5K in June. I have a couch to 5K app on my phone so I will use that. I started on week 5 which was a challenge but do able. I think I will stick with that week for a couple of weeks until I get into running again. Then move to the next week.
I am meeting with a personal trainer tomorrow. She wants to talk to me about my goals before she makes a exercise plan for me. Looking forward to the meeting to see what she has to say.
Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #5  

Hi everyone,

Eggs for dinner tonight. Chicken did not thaw.

Hawaii, forward-not backward or UP! Lol. I need some motivation to put one foot in front of the other and stay focused. Think it will be easier after my Spa weekend to stick to it for a longer period to get to my low range.

Want2b, how was the trainer? It seems so much harder right now to limit the off plan bites. Hopefully,it is just the winter blues.

How was Monday for all of you?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hey there;

Monday has been okay although I've been hungry due to TOM. I'm trying not to go crazy. I am actually craving protein which is funny. Better than chocolate! And because of TOM and a bad weekend, I am above my scream weight!!! Trying not to panic though, happens every month. Glad I'm keeping up with the exercise. I have zumba tonight, its been a couple weeks since I've gone. I hope you are all doing well today.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #7  

Lost 4.8 lbs this week. I am thrilled!!! Thx everyone for your long term support!! Xo
Old 03-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #8  

Way to go, Luccilove! So happy for you

Last edited by Slipfree; 03-02-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Lucci: great job on the scale!! Keep it up.

Hawaii: great attitude. Stay the course, the scale will take care of itself after TOM.

Slip: the trainer was good, I wasn't sure what to expect since I have never had one before. She is going to let me do my own cardio but she is setting up a weight routine for me. Then she will take me to the gym, show me how to use the equipment and walk me thru the routine. Kind of makes me nervous! Lol.

So I got a good phone call today. The office I worked in part time last year called today, they want me to work for 2 weeks while someone is on holidays. It is during spring break so I wouldn't be working my other job anyway, so it works out great.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Way to go LUCCILOVE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi everyone,
Hawaii, forward-not backward or UP! Lol. I need some motivation to put one foot in front of the other and stay focused. It seems so much harder right now to limit the off plan bites. Hopefully,it is just the winter blues.

How was Monday for all of you?
EEK! I'm glad it's not just me... I seem to want to eat from dinnertime on. Only really wanting two or three 'craving' things (tortilla chips, cheese, and craisins). Not even interested in the 'hidden' chocolate bars (which are still tucked away out of hubby's sight), or anything like ice cream, or peanut butter, or really anything else. And I'm not eating because I am hungry. As soon as I finish supper, it's like Winnie the Pooh... I'm feeling like 'a bit of something'. My tummy even aches a bit, it's so full. I think it's just stress, but of course my rational self sees it, and my irrational self just drools for more nummies. Hard to get the two to communicate. I keep saying, tomorrow is another day, and it all goes fine til 8 pm or so, every day. GRRRR!

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 03-03-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2

Ugh, I just typed out a big post and lost it. Long story short, I'm on day 3 of Phase 1 and so far so good. I was so busy yesterday that I didn't even think about food.

WTG Luccilove!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #12  

Congrats on buying the IP clinic!!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,

Good OP day. More snow coming down tonight, it is supposed to go to sleet then rain, and back to snow. Feel like I am stuck in a snow globe.

Liana, you are not alone. Nights are my challenge too. I am just too hungry when i get home. I think I need to go back to phase 3 breakfasts after my spa weekend. Hope your stress lessens and your cravings scram!

Steph, Glad that your phase 1 is going well.

Want2b, that was a great phone call and perfect timing for your spring break. You will do fine with the trainer. You are an athlete- golf, softball... Just have faith in yourself.

Hawaii, stay strong! Your plan for healthy food choices is a good one. If your body needs more protein then plan it in. Mine wants sugar!
Old 03-03-2015, 10:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Okay, maybe I am setting myself up for failure... I took inventory in the fridge this afternoon, and found the following:
A little block of Feta cheese
A big block of Old (light) Cheddar
A big block of Herb & Chive Cheddar
2 rounds of Boursin French Cream Cheese
A med size block of local artisanal grass fed Extra Aged Smoked Gouda
A tub of shredded French Gruyere from another artisanal grass fed local (20 cow) herd
A little 200g tub of bleu cheese

Almost 2.5 kilograms of cheese for 2 people.
That could be a bit excessive, no?

Works OK for maintenance, but not so great for getting off the 'up-pounds.'

Oh well, I'm not snacking tonight but then again my lunch was weirdly off track as we had no sleep last night and an emergency dental visit for DH at 11 am. He had a very bad abscess in a molar that had a partial root canal and temp filling over a year ago. It took 1.5 hours to drain and clean up and now he has to go to the oral surgeon after he's finished his course of antibiotics to get it pulled, as the two dentists working on him discovered a hidden crack that means a crown wouldn't have worked anyhow. Steph will know what I'm talking about here. More stress, more pain, more money...

At least I can cheer all you other guys on! So much good news, it's nice to come here & look at the upside and (at least) the positive attitudes!

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 03-03-2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #15  

Liana, sorry that you are going through even more hassle and that your DH is in pain

But... I had to laugh at your variety and quantity of cheese! Are you part mouse?lol
Closed Thread