South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Waiting On More Snow Weekend, 2/21-22

It's a frigid, crisp clear morning here so far, but we're being warned that a snowstorm is moving in by noon with "significant amounts" of snow. So that cancels my Red Hat outing for today, but I do want to go out for some groceries before it starts. Oh, well, one more week of February and then I hope we're home-free.

I'm passing the coffee around this morning, and it's good and hot.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage and Beachers still asleep It's ridiculously cold here too and we also have snow coming. I don't even know what to say anymore. Even my parents are talking about making a trip south, something they have never done before! I never worry much about the extended forecast but they are saying another one next weekend. Seems we can't get through a weekend without some snow event

I am supposed to visit a friend and snowshoe today but it's going to have to go up a lot before I am that brave. In the meantime I have the usual huge list of chores when Tim works the weekend. Work is in a holding pattern right now. I still expect a layoff but maybe not for several more weeks. It's all way past my paygrade so whatever happens, happens.

I never did get in yesterday so I'm going to catch-up now.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and thanks for getting us started, Linda! Sorry to hear you're fun event won't happen but I sure hope you don't get hit too badly with the snow.

Cyndi, enjoy your inside day and maybe it will warm up a little bit so you can go snowshoeing.

I've been being kind to myself and setting the alarm for a reasonable time in the morning. When I wake up early I try to just go back to sleep. Catching up wherever I can. Yesterday's drive was pretty crazy. It started snowing on the passes about 11 and by the time we crossed over at 2 PM it was pretty gnarly. I did, however, take time to stop at the Le a russet outlet store. My sister told me there was a giant sale going on. Sure enough, they are moving to another location and so every item that doesn't have a box was on sale for 35% off the outlet Price. Connoisseur that I am, I bought a 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 quart round in turquoise. It was only $156. It was easily justifiable as a stay home gift since I gave Kirk $200 to go to San Francisco. When he asked me what I wanted I had said nothing. So in the end, I got what I wanted.

Work today so I'm going to enjoy a little coffee time before. Have a great start to your weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-21-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, snowy chicks! We are looking to get a few inches later today but nothing too bad (I hope). At least the temperature it predicted to go up to about 20* today, but Monday the high will be -1*. Brrr.

Linda, sorry to hear your outing is cancelled; hope you miss the bread and milk crowd at the store.

Cyndi, I feel your pain. We aren't getting quite as much snow as you, but I just read our average temperature for the month is 1.9* and we are slated to set a record. DH and I were discussing garden plans the other day; I am sure the snow will melt sometime!

Debbie, congrats on your score! It's awesome when you can find a deal on something you need.

I got several niggles out of the way yesterday so today's decision is doing the taxes or goofing off. I'm leaning towards the 2nd option....

Off to find more coffee. Have a great day, chicks, and keep warm and safe.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Darned Linda, I think I was as excited for your outing as you were!

Debbie - good for you for being kind to yourself. I honestly don't know the store you're talking about, I must look it up!

Cyndi - hopefully this looming layoff will lead to better things! Have you planned your garden yet? I won't be able to do some of the gardening (can't do heavy work until my neck is fused), but my daughter said she'll help. Hmmmm, will that really happen or not?

Beth - hope they were right and you don't get too much snow!

Our snow should start anytime now...we're supposed to get 3-6". Or maybe 5-8". Or maybe they'll change their minds again to 2-4"! Anyway, we're going to a friend's for dinner tonight, since DH loves driving in the snow, we're still planning on going. He actually said that my CR-V (which had a battery replaced under warranty!) drives better in the snow than his Tundra!

Today is down time for me - so I can recover for work again next week. If I'm up to it I'll make something yummy for my friend - she's always bringing stuff to me.

Enjoy the weekend, y'all!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! I really don't want more snow or cold but it looks like this stuff is going to hang around into March. I sometimes think I should just not read weather forecasts!

Linda, sure hope your Red Hat event goes ahead. Did you get your new hat finished.

Cyndi, around here, even the die hard snowshoe Canuks are staying home. Enjoy your 'home alone' time.

Debbie, as they say in Delta "No flies on you!" since you move around so much. I am puzzled over what you bought that was turquoise. A casserole? I have a Le Creuset one in turquoise.

Beth, they are saying this cold is coming down from the pole via Siberia! It certainly has been a record breaking February. We are to get a bit more snow this weekend and then next so I guess March will be coming in like a lion.

Spent most of yesterday doing aT4s (Record of wages, etc.) for my summer students. I usually do them online but did not trust the Net yesterday so printed off the forms and filled them in. All done now and the Net stayed up all day. A miracle!

Not sure what today will bring but I am sure I will find enough to do around here to keep me out of trouble. I may go to town to pick up paint since I have the colours all sorted out. On the other hand, being home with the dogs is very appealing too. It seems a month since I was in Cuba and is just over a week!

Have a good weekend whatever you choose to do.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Tammy, take it easy this weekend. I'm glad your DH likes snow driving but be careful out there.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:12 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Beth, I vote for goofing off, too!

Tammy, get some rest and have fun tonight!

Ruth, I'm sure you'll find something to do today! LOL. Great job getting those forms done.

It is a casserole that I bought. I was having a hard time deciding between the casserole and an oval roaster. Also had a hard time deciding on size. I bought the smaller one but it's still in the car in case I change my mind and want to go bigger. Le Crueset has been around forever. I have a couple of antique pieces of my grandmothers. Now they have all kinds of fun colors, though.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good weekend morning, chicks.

Not sure where I've been, but I skimmed some of the previous threads this morning and for darn sure I missed Triscuit day! Lots of shifts at work and niggles and genealogy, I guess.

Today I'm going to finish one branch of DHs tree that I've been working on this week so that I can send it to two of his (known close) cousins and one newly discovered 2nd cousin.

Icy here. Wish I had ingredients on hand for some soup. I am soooo over winter. I think next time I take a winter trip I should go in February. The shortest month is feeling like the longest!

Debbie - I want one!! I'd love a large, covered casserole. Such pretty colors.

Have a great weekend.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone. I am amazed I actually slept in until 8. we too are miserable cold and like Tammy are snow accumulations are all over the place! The only good thing is it is supposed to be 46 tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get out for work tomorrow. My car is finally paid off in May. I don't need a new one, but I really need four wheel or all wheel drive. Sigh if I get promoted again the promotion comes with a take home car (Ford Explorer) guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for that in time.

Debbie I think we all are eyeing your new casserole dish. I love colorful cookware

Ruth I think I may need to plan a winter getaway next year. Savings always seems to go to bills and not me Even the tax return is going to bills. I'm not really complaining just wish everything and I mean everything here is so expensive.

I can't wait to start working in the garden again. We did nothing last year and truthful unless I hire someone to clean it up I don't know if we will get to plant this year either. I already told Joe it Woukd be easier for me to have someone do the clean up. We really let it go last year and I need muscle to get it back where it was. Besides he will be so incredibly busy once spring comes he won't have time. The progress on the house came to a screeching halt. Joe lost the weather so the utilities have not even been brought back from the road to the house. It looks really nice with the porch and patio done, but without heat, water and electricity nothing else can really get accomplished. Maybe he will be moved in by June.

Time for one more cup then I must start riding again. I've been slacking. It is too cold inside and out for me to workout. Today though no more excuses. Today is day 6 of clean eating. I made eggplant parm last night. DS loved it! Lol I used almond flour and Parmesan cheese for the breading (he couldn't tell the difference). Veggie soup is going in the crockpot today. I really hope to be back at goal before March.

Have a great day
Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #11  

Ahhhh, Debbie, I think the autocorrect kicked in...since it said La A russet, LOL. I thought it might be le crueset, but I wasn't sure...I've definitely heard of them!

Karen - I should start looking more into geneology. My mom claims her great (great?) grandmother owned the transsiberian railroad, but who knows.

Jennifer - my garden always looks fantastic in June, and a jungle in September!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got freezing rain last night until Midnight and then it turned to snow and we should continue getting until around noon.

Yesterday, Doc told me at least 4 to 6 weeks before I could start walking for exercise. She said I could do water aerobics but not sure how I can fit that in with closest pool 12 miles away. I may have to look up chair aerobics.

Today am supposed to go later with DD1 to get a new laptop we shall see what the roads look like later.

Cottage sorry about your red hat outing getting canceled

Cyndi I wouldn't go snowshoeing in this weather either brrr

Debbie I have not heard about but will have to look up just for the colors

Beth I vote for goofing off We still got almost 2 months to finish

Tywnn hope you get all of your rest in

Ruth I am already looking for to March being here

Karen my boss and one of my co-workers just signed up to go to Genealogy conference here in St. Charles

Jekel I did notice when we are vacation in your area how expensive everything was compared to what we pay for items

Have a warm and safe day!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this last Sunday in February.

Looking out the window, it looks like we have about 7" of snow, topped off with a thick layer of ice, and right now we're enveloped in fog. I think I'll sit tight for a while and go to a later Mass when it warms up some.

I may as well enjoy another cup of coffee. Want some?
Old 02-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #14  

Mind topping off my coffee, Linda? Wow, you got a lot more snow than we did - I think we got 2-3". Sure made the roads nasty though, they didn't plow them very well last night.

We had a great time at our friend's last night. Today is just church - we might try a new one - and class tonight. I haven't been going, but my DH (dear, dear, dear husband ...) signed us up for snack tonight. I'll just make something simple - we tend to have a sweet treat (brownies?) and something healthy (often a veggie tray).

Otherwise time to make the menu and get groceries. Still haven't made the tangine....
Old 02-22-2015, 07:51 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Yes, please for coffee, Linda! We are in snow again but no ice, PTL. It's the last day of our "heatwave" - it'll be 25ºF or -3ºC for today and then we plummet back into Siberia. Sure has been a record-breaking winter for cold.

Today we are having "family" dinner at Heather's and the theme is "summer"! I am supplying dessert. I'd love to make a strawberry shortcake but the berries are pretty tasteless these days. I may just get some frozen ice cream bars or something similar. I'm fighting off a head cold and just don't feel like making something fancy like Pavlova or Angel Pie. Burgers, dogs and potato salad are on the rest of the menu. Our wee "family" of single women with kids has now grown to 13!

I'm slowly getting my house back in order and am purging as I do so. Right now I have a table laden with "stuff" to pack into labelled boxes ready for the next yard sale. My back room has 16 boxes of books to be moved to the Town Hall for our Syrup Festival Book sale. We don't price any of the books - just tell people to make a donation. That works out really well. Neighbour Moel will move them out as soon as we get some decent lugging weather.

Just looked at my calendar. The time changes in two weeks! Not looking forward to darker mornings but it's still a good sign. I am soooo in need of spring but it is four weeks away.

Edited to add: Nice you could join us Tammy and glad you had fun last night.
Closed Thread