Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/246.8/175

Height: 5'8

Default HELP - I want Pizza

I am about a month into this diet and I DESPERATELY want a slice of cheese & pepperoni pizza. I have cheated little bits over the last month but nothing I beat myself up over and I still always lost. My question is: Should I just eat the slice of pizza so I don't feel deprived or just try and push past this craving. A note about me - I know if I deprive myself of everything I love I will fail at this diet.

To eat the pizza or not eat the pizza....that is the question!
cant_w8_2b_skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:22 PM   #2  
Rain on the Beach

Height: 5'3"

Whenever I crave pizza, I make these: zucchini pizza boats. I've also been meaning to give this pizza frittata recipe a try as well. I find the zucchini boats help me deal with my craving for pizza in a healthy way! You could even make an individual pizza by baking a small, whole-wheat tortilla (or any sort of healthy tortilla-style bread) with sauce and low-fat cheese, with some nice, healthy toppings, and it'll be waaaay healthier than what you'd get if you order a slice.
Lluvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #3  

Ohhhh, both of those look delicious. Thank you!! I'm gonna run to the store now to get everything I need before I pick up the phone and dial up the pizza place.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #4  

What lluvia said! Either boats or I do them as round little pizzas (cut the zucchini into thick round pieces). I like to see 10-12 pieces vs. 2 lengthwise zukes.

If worse comes to worst, you could always make English muffin little pizzas for small calories.

I am glad you came here to troubleshoot your craving!
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #5  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

I agree with the delicious alternatives suggested If you HAVE to have pizza though, my suggestion wouldn't be to order a whole pizza though, but rather go somewhere that will let you buy by the slice, just get one slice and plan for it. Make dinner extra healthy to balance it out!!!

But those options honestly sound tastier than getting pizza, and definitely something you can eat more often

Last edited by SenseAndSensibility; 02-12-2015 at 07:24 PM.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

One slice of pizza? No big deal, just have it. And then put it behind you. I don't agree with the idea that you have to somehow "make up for it" by eating extra healthily before or after. It's just a slice of pizza. Make it your dinner and move on.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I have pizza every week. Usually 2 slices.

I'm actually getting to the point where I'm kinda tired of it. In fact, there are 2 leftover slices of pepperoni pizza in my fridge that are probably going to get thrown out.

I don't have any off limits foods. Some are just easier to fit into my plan on a regular basis. Heck, I had a scrapple egg and cheese sandwich last week. If that isn't a diet killer, then nothing is.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:25 AM   #8  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Do you like cooking? Because there is this cauliflower crust pizza and oh my. Cauliflower is so great.
You could try that as an alternative! (:

http://peasofcake.net/pizza-squares-cauliflower-crust/
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:28 AM   #9  

Well I must report that I had the pizza. Ordered it for the family and had 2 slices (I normally would of had 3 or 4). Felt mildly quilty about it after but damn was it good. Still had a small loss on the scale this morn so I'm happy about that. Thanks for all the advice!!
Old 02-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: H~285... 260/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

If you make it into an "event" like you did (pizza with the family) as a special treat, I don't see anything wrong with that! If we get pizza, I like to also make a big salad. Eating a salad WITH the pizza makes it easier to have just 1-2 slices bc there's something else to eat. Otherwise I'd want 3-4 slices!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/231/120

eggplant pizza is pretty good and so is just making english muffin pizzas if that doesn't get me past my cravings, then I will go for one slice the next day.
effervescent17 is offline   Reply With Quote