Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Fri 2/6/2015

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #2  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I shared this with July Starters but thought others might find it informative - just had my weigh in last nite - down 0.8lbs. I have been paying attn to everything P1 the last 2 weeks, but...

Last 3 days have not been very good for me with water and supplements - I have been doing well with portion size, though. I am learning that I really need to keep the focus on these details, but also a couple of other details.

My coach told me also to watch out for some of the new formulated IP foods -- e.g. the now-unrestricted oatmeal offerings... they are very close to nutrient content for restricted -, just barely below those levels. They are about to come out with a new chili that will be unrestricted, and of course they had reformulated the pancakes packets.

So my coach says if you make a practice of repeatedly having one of these in a day and then having a restricted item that same day, it could easily bring your carb intake up enough to noticeably slow your losses.

Of course... I have been having one oatmeal packet every day this week... sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for lunch, sometimes for snack.... and I have had an IP bar (restricted of course) almost every day too.

So there you have it.... I learn something new about this program all the time. The oatmeal is going to go back to being restricted on my IP program... we will see if that makes a difference for me.

Dance party tonight, Craig Ferguson on stage at the Warner Theater tomorrow night, and maybe a new gentle yoga class on Sunday. Nice pre-Valentine's Day weekend!
Old 02-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #3  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I shared this with July Starters but thought others might find it informative - just had my weigh in last nite - down 0.8lbs. I have been paying attn to everything P1 the last 2 weeks, but...

Last 3 days have not been very good for me with water and supplements - I have been doing well with portion size, though. I am learning that I really need to keep the focus on these details, but also a couple of other details.

My coach told me also to watch out for some of the new formulated IP foods -- e.g. the now-unrestricted oatmeal offerings... they are very close to nutrient content for restricted -, just barely below those levels. They are about to come out with a new chili that will be unrestricted, and of course they had reformulated the pancakes packets.

So my coach says if you make a practice of repeatedly having one of these in a day and then having a restricted item that same day, it could easily bring your carb intake up enough to noticeably slow your losses.

Of course... I have been having one oatmeal packet every day this week... sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for lunch, sometimes for snack.... and I have had an IP bar (restricted of course) almost every day too.

So there you have it.... I learn something new about this program all the time. The oatmeal is going to go back to being restricted on my IP program... we will see if that makes a difference for me.

Dance party tonight, Craig Ferguson on stage at the Warner Theater tomorrow night, and maybe a new gentle yoga class on Sunday. Nice pre-Valentine's Day weekend!
I knew some things had been reformulated and the chocolate chip pancakes were higher up there, but I did not realize this about the oatmeal. Pretty upsetting to me, as my reboot has been a bit of a struggle, being hungrier than I was the first time around (which makes me more prone to go off plan or add more packets) and slower losses. Not that all of the blame can be placed on the IP foods changing, most of it rests with me and my choices, but it doesn't make it any easier.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 171.4/162.2/145

Height: 5'5"

I am confused. Can anyone chime in here. Does Phase 1 protocol REQUIRE you to eat a restricted item along with your 3 unrestricted???
also, does PROTOCOL require coaches to measure their clients?
thanks
Old 02-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

I think coaches can be different, but mine requires me to eat 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted everyday. I had one day when I started that I didn't eat a restricted and my coach told me I can't do it that way, that my body needs that restricted to maintain a minimum level of calories/carbs to function effectively.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #6  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I knew some things had been reformulated and the chocolate chip pancakes were higher up there, but I did not realize this about the oatmeal. Pretty upsetting to me, as my reboot has been a bit of a struggle, being hungrier than I was the first time around (which makes me more prone to go off plan or add more packets) and slower losses. Not that all of the blame can be placed on the IP foods changing, most of it rests with me and my choices, but it doesn't make it any easier.
I am disappointed about the oatmeal too - but there is Proti Diet oatmeal that you can buy in a cannister of 18 servings (comes with a scoop) -- it is much cheaper than IP and I learned here on 3fc that it is unrestricted. I found it online - either at Vitacost or Nashua or Netrition, I think.

Don't forget you can add hard boiled egg to help with the hungries. I find myself looking for something to fill the void too - water, and some kind of mind distraction seems to work best.... go to the main 3fc forum and check out before and after pix - both distracting and inspiring....

meanwhile.... you have worked so hard and accomplished so much - here is some extra help:

Quote:
Beachgal777: I am confused. Can anyone chime in here. Does Phase 1 protocol REQUIRE you to eat a restricted item along with your 3 unrestricted???
thanks
Regarding restricteds - protocol limits us to one restricted item per day. It is not mandatory, but the general view is that the protocol allows for one a day, and when you are committed to this program for the duration, to stay on P1 until you reach goal, you should enjoy your bar or wafers or other restricted item each day.

re: Measurement.... the IP tracking form has columns for measurements, lbs lost, fat percent, lean lbs, and hydration. All of these are captured and tracked for me at each weigh in - that's weekly. So my guess is that IP expects coaches to do that as matter of regular practice. I have nothing authoritative to back up that assumption, but your food item pricing includes coach services. Taking and recording all those stats is the minimum our coach ought to do...
Old 02-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal777 View Post
I am confused. Can anyone chime in here. Does Phase 1 protocol REQUIRE you to eat a restricted item along with your 3 unrestricted???
thanks
You are supposed to have a total of three packets a day, only one of them can be restricted. But you can also do three unrestricted if you prefer.

The exception to this is the raspberry jelly and blueberry cran-granata drink - you can only have them once, every other day. They can be one of your three items for the day, or an extra if it doesn't affect your weight loss.

I don't know if measuring is a requirement, I would guess yes since they chart it with your weight loss.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

oneuh2,

The fact of the matter is : you are losing weight because of the restricted calories & the ketogenic, reduced carbs, diet is to help with cravings. Coaches really need to be trained better (some are). Sooooo, Don't give up your oatmeal or overthink this too much, I bet next week you will have a great loss, remember that once you are "down" in weight, you don't have the same "great" losses every week. I did IP in 2011 and I found this out and graphed it. You are doing great, take your supplements & drink your water
Old 02-06-2015, 12:25 PM   #9  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
oneuh2,

The fact of the matter is : you are losing weight because of the restricted calories & the ketogenic, reduced carbs, diet is to help with cravings. Coaches really need to be trained better (some are). Sooooo, Don't give up your oatmeal or overthink this too much, I bet next week you will have a great loss, remember that once you are "down" in weight, you don't have the same "great" losses every week. I did IP in 2011 and I found this out and graphed it. You are doing great, take your supplements & drink your water
Thanks for the encouragement Bellamack! I am going to back off a bit with the oatmeal -- I'll leave it in my choices for breakfast, but I don't have to have the oatmeal everyday. Mixing things up a bit is a good idea, anyway.

And I think you are right - getting that water and supplement habit working so that it's like breathing -- that will pay off most in the long run for me.

thanks for posting on this!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 02-06-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #10  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Opinions, please...I bought some unflavored gelatin and decided to make my own "jello" to save $$ plus to get in more collagen and it not be one of my 3 a day packets. I used lemon juice (bottled), MIO, stevia and the unflavored gelatin. It turned out really good! I eat it 3x week and count it as "free" because it is 0/0/0. It's still early in the game for me and I know the amount loss each week is going to taper off for a bit until it become a more "normal" amount. With that being said I don't know if it has affected my weight loss. My coach didn't seem concerned with this homemade freebie or how it will affect me. What do you guys think about it?
Old 02-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #11  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi
Thanks for the info about the oatmeal. I found that when I had soup everyday I felt bloated and hardly any weight loss (.5) for the week. I have cut them out and check the amount of sodium in the packs that I buy this seems to have helped my last WI it was 4.6
I also have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted I think the closer the protocol is followed the better the results (for me anyway). Whenever I leave something out like the oil or salt the scale doesn't respond the same so I figure I better do as I am told LOLOL
Old 02-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of IP ingredients? I buy individual packets and most don't have the nutritional contents listed on them. I am really struggling with this blood sugar thing. I had a plain pancake for breakfast. It does have whey protein so that could explain the rise in my blood sugar. It is the same rise I would get if I ate a muffin for breakfast and not enough insulin. Except that the amount I took would have be more than enough in a "normal" diet. This is sad to me because I am actually losing and it is the first ever but I might have to quit if I can't figure this out. From what I can tell so far is that the main protein used is soy and wheat combined.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #13  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type1lady View Post
Does anyone know where to find a comprehensive list of IP ingredients? I buy individual packets and most don't have the nutritional contents listed on them. I am really struggling with this blood sugar thing. I had a plain pancake for breakfast. It does have whey protein so that could explain the rise in my blood sugar. It is the same rise I would get if I ate a muffin for breakfast and not enough insulin. Except that the amount I took would have be more than enough in a "normal" diet. This is sad to me because I am actually losing and it is the first ever but I might have to quit if I can't figure this out. From what I can tell so far is that the main protein used is soy and wheat combined.
Ideal Protein Supporters Phase1 Group on facebook has a list in their "files" that was compiled by one of their members. It is a closed group but very quick to accept new members when they see you are serious IP.

Admins here, I apologize for promoting another "group" but I thought I'd share only because I didn't want to pull their stuff over here. If ppl are interested , they can go there.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Ideal Protein Supporters Phase1 Group on facebook has a list in their "files" that was compiled by one of their members. It is a closed group but very quick to accept new members when they see you are serious IP.

Admins here, I apologize for promoting another "group" but I thought I'd share only because I didn't want to pull their stuff over here. If ppl are interested , they can go there.
Thanks frawniemae...I am not on Facebook so that will out for me
Old 02-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #15  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

My hubby had a relatively low weight loss (for a guy) last week, and he's been eating oatmeal every single day. I wonder if he changes it up, he'll see any difference. I'm wondering if you all found that changing things up, no matter what you are having, has improved your weight loss. On other diets, I feel like if you get into a rutt, your weight plateaus until you make a change.
Closed Thread