South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 05:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday February 6 and TGIF!

TGIF and so glad to be taking off for Cuba today because I see snow happening for the next three days and cold temperatures.

Still a few things to get done before my noon departure to the kennel with my darlings and then to Ottawa by 2 PM to check in. This tour company does not allow online check-in and boarding pass printing. I hope I can still remember how to do it the old-fashioned way. Don't expect post cards since I was told Cuba won't send mail to the USA. That should change soon.

One other glitch in the trip - I have forgotten how to load my ereader with the eight books I selected. I have a few real books to take but ... Liz may be able to help me if she has time this morning. Other than that, my bag is nearly packed, the fridge is pruned, plants are watered and the house is ready for the contractor to start tomorrow morning. Yes, Paul is very busy with other jobs and is working this weekend. He is taking pictures of the furniture location and promises everything will be back in place when I return.

Time for another coffee and then the countdown begins.

Be good when I'm away!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning! Have a wonderful, wonderful trip! I'll be so excited to hear of your adventures when you return. Safe travels

I'm up and outside with one pup enjoying the peaceful moment. Coffee is great. I went down and got the babies yesterday and brought them up here. There was an issue going on with the daughter being unpredictable. Dad is coming down sick so I have the kids until Saturday evening when ex-wife returns. Actually she's going to stay here, but I won't have to get up three times in the middle of the night.

So I'm just going to proceed through this day. I've read my just for today card which tells me that I can do anything for 24 hours that would appall me if I had to do it for a lifetime. That's how I feel. Oh well. Fortunately, the six-month-old is a really good baby. The only time he cries is when he's wet or hungry. So I set the alarm for 3 1/2 hours at night and get up and change him and give him a bottle and he goes back to sleep.

I am committed to taking care of my own needs, too.

Happy Friday everyone!

Happy Friday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-06-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie, if you didn't have your angel's wings yet, you certainly have them now! You're being really, really good to them, I hope they know and appreciate that (and for the daughter, maybe one day she'll appreciate it).

Ruth, enjoy your vacation and think of us in the cold and snow!!

I was tiiiirred last night, and actually went to bed early. I don't remember if I posted it yesterday, but I think the treadmill may be what makes my legs a lot worse, since despite working Wed and swimming, my legs aren't doing too bad. I might experiment and do the TM this weekend. It would be nice if I'm just plain improving! Today I work 10-1, then I switch to 9-1 M/W/F next week. I won't go FT until March. (besides, who wouldn't want to work 1/2 days?!)

Eating - I mostly have on plan meals, but I will admit that I don't eat all SBD. The scale is slowly going down with my wonky appetite. I kinda wonder if it's the plate in my neck pushing on my esophagus and tricking my body? I dunno, I'll take it as a gift, it's normally so hard to lose weight.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Bon voyage, Ruth, and have a wonderful time!

Debbie, you have a heart of gold for all that you are doing for your family, and I hope they appreciate it.

I'm getting ready to leave to take my car in for a recall, and they're giving me a free oil change for my "inconvenience." Afterwards I'll stop by to visit Dad, and then have a 2:30 appt. to get our taxes done. Depending on how long that takes, DD has been wanting me to spend the weekend with her and Carley, so I may catch the train over to NJ for a few days.

Well, I'd better make a to-go coffee to take along to the dealership while I wait on my car. The coffee there is awful, and I don't feel like walking over to Cracker Barrel this morning.

Have a great day!
Old 02-06-2015, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth have a wonderful time. The resort looks lovely. It will be nice for you to come home after the floors are complete.

Debbie I say Angels walk among us. You are truly one of them. Enjoy your time with the little ones. A sleeping baby in my arms often does wonders for my soul.

Tammy the treadmill is hard on the body because it is not natural. A forced pace and jarring may not be good for you right now. Glad the work swimming combo was good for you

Linda I woukd brave any elements for Cracker Barrel. I love their little store

Cute dog story....I was getting ready to go out and my older pup was fascinated with my right winter boot. He kept putting his head in it. I'm thinking don't you destroy my boots while I am gone old man lol. So last night I put them on for the last walk and something is hurting my foot. Half of a dog biscuit! Apparently his crunching sent a piece in there and he was trying to get it. Even at 15 he's still so darn cute!

Hallelujah there is coffee from the Keurig. Apparently I was de scaling wrong. Granted 4 ruined k cups before a really good cup, but at least it's back.

Well I guess I should wake the pups and get my day started. Bundle up beach babes it is very frigid today
Old 02-06-2015, 05:45 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Have a great trip, Ruth!

Jennifer, HOORAY for coffee!

Debbie, my thoughts are with you.

Cottage, hope your repair went quickly and you get to visit DD.

Tammy, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Me, I'm just glad it's Friday night and I have leftovers for dinner so I don't have to cook.
Closed Thread