Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #1  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Lost my first twenty pounds!!!

This wasn't one off my mini goal weights or anything but I can't help but be excited....20 pounds! I thought it was possible for other people but not me, and yet here I am, and feeling proud and excited.

I also feel weird though... Like I don't feel or think that I look any different... But I must. People have commented on it. Clothes fit different. I just don't see it...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering if anyone felt that way after twenty pounds? I guess cause I've never done this before I just have trouble believing it. Part of me thinks the scale is lying and other ridiculous things like that. I have some before pictures, maybe I should look at them to remind me!!! I promise to post pictures for you guys, but I'm shy and waiting until goal

Last edited by SenseAndSensibility; 02-05-2015 at 06:37 PM.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #2  

I'm so excited for you, congratulations!

I started at a much higher weight the last time around (over 300) and I never saw myself thinner after 25, 50, 75 or 100 pounds lost. It's weird how our brains play games with us.

Definitely keep the pictures, try to take pics with the same original outfit on too to keep comparing. It will be falling off you in no time!

This post made me so happy.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #3  

Thanks I know its silly but I'm glad to know its not just me... Your head can get so weird on you and you can think the randomest things about it. I actually went almost down in my underwear for my before pictures (wearing tight black swim shorts and a bikini top). My plan was to use the same pieces of clothes as long as they will fit. Its also why I'm embarrassed to post them... Cause they don't hide anything and I didn't suck in my gut like usual.

I noticed my wedding ring was a bit looser today as well and I tested and I could get it on my thumb pretty easy! Never been able to do that before... I guess part of it might be just where those twenty pounds came off too. I never thought I had chubby fingers but I guess I lost weight there! I'm sure it wasn't a significant amount of weight but it certainly picks the strangest places to appear and disappear from first.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/174/160

Height: 5'8"

First off - congrats! That's a lot of weight.

I totally get where you're coming from though, with the whole not being able to tell. I've lost nearly 30 pounds and I can't really tell much of a difference when I look in the mirror. I can definitely tell though when I wear my clothes and they fit differently (better). Other people have commented on it as well, so I guess it must be noticeable enough at this point? I wonder when my mind will catch up to my body!

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey!
mariam892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/245/169

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Congratulations!

I just recently lost 25 pounds and am having the same issue that you are having. I feel healthier but I don't think I look much different. I wear scrubs for work though and they are fitting better. I just thought I'd be in a different size of jeans after all this weight came off.

Measure yourself and you'll see much more of a difference and it will ensure you that the scale isn't lying. Keep up the great work!
AlectoFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #6  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

That's so wonderful!! Definitely compare your before and now pics!

I started out at 400 and didn't notice a difference until after I lost 80 lbs. It's not just you. It's like the mirror or your brain (or both) are stuck on pause at the beginning of the movie. LOL
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/246.8/175

Height: 5'8

Congrats! That is an amazing accomplishment. Keep it up! I've lost 19 pounds and I find that I did notice it at first and then all of sudden I look in the mirror and I dint think there is a difference at all. I think it's because I've gotten used to the new size me and now I want to see a smaller me. People are noticing though and that feels great.
cant_w8_2b_skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:52 PM   #8  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!!!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:31 PM   #9  

Way to go! I can’t wait to lose my first 10 pounds and here you are losing your first 20 pounds! I decided that my first mini goal since I am going to use mini goals, is going to be to lose 10 pounds. I think that may be easy enough to do.

Yes, definitely looking at before and after pictures should work to show that you did lose those 20 pounds. Congrats!
cwilson72180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Congrats! 20lbs will make you look different, but I think it's often hard to see changes when we see ourselves everyday in the mirror. As others mentioned, definitely look at before and now pictures!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Huge congrats on your progress. Its as much a mental journey than a physical change.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/216/175

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your progress. Keep up the good work!
Ebonyivythyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #13  

Kind of excited, want to post but don't want a start a whole new thread. I'm down almost 35 pounds now!!! Wahoo!!!

Thanks so much for the comments everyone, it really means a lot to me and makes me feel less crazy Honestly I dont know anyone who has tried this journey before so its nice to come here and hear what people in the same boat and have done it experience and think.

This bit of weight loss has been interesting for me... I still can't tell the difference just looking at myself... I can kind of tell in pictures though. But I'm encouraged to know my mind will catch up with my body eventually and that it's normal for some people

I think what's been interesting about these fourteen pounds is I had almost mini-plateaus. Like it would seem I wasn't dropping for days and days and then BAM two whole pounds or three whole pounds gone. Then it would stay like that for days and days and BAM two or three down again. The stalls weren't long enough to cause concern or anything, it's just interesting watching my body change in how it reacts. I also didn't get in much exercise besides walking this month... I was sick for a bit then the hubby was sick and we just put it off. I still tried to get more walking and what not in, but stopped doing hikes, yoga and swimming. But our month long sabitcal is over and we've gotten back in the habit again! I miss just feeling active and feeling like I can do physical activities. And it was esy to start up again, I thought I'd begrudge it but I didn't. I took back to swimming like a fish takes to water

Last edited by SenseAndSensibility; 03-19-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #14  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Congrats on another major loss! I like your motto at the bottom: "I will be mistress of myself." I've had to have a lot of pep talks with myself lately, and I've realized that's really the bottom line - I'm the one that decides - not my stomach/eyes/nose - what to eat, when, and how much!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7''

fantastic - well done!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote