South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216.25/210.75/148

Height: 5'2"

Default Back after 5 yrs

I've been gone for 5 yr. The last time I truly committed to SB I was pleased with my success and stuck with it for 11 months. At the very end I was part of a weight loss contest at work, and after tying for first place I went on a "break." And then got pregnant. It was all downhill from there. Time to make serious changes. I might need a little hand-holding. Not even sure where to start on the board, but my phase 1 starts tomorrow. I have a few individual portions of healthy SB friendly meals in the freezer and great menu options for the next 2 weeks for dinner (hopefully the kids will tolerate everything), but getting all my veggies everyday is tough for me. I also seem to only enjoy blue cheese dressing - any ideas for SB friendly brands? I already know it's high in fat and will try to limit it. I've done a fad diet part of January to get my weight loss started w/out sacrificing too much - just for the self-confidence. I will become re-acquainted with my treadmill tomorrow. Interval for this week. In a moment of craziness I signed up for a 3 day/wk bootcamp at work beginning Feb 9...I guess I'll be getting some cardio in if I actually survive that 8 wk class. My Feb goal is to lose 10 pounds. Our family will be vacationing for the last week of February but I think I can handle Phase 2 on vacation for the most part. I weigh in 2x/wk at our med clinic at work - no scale in the house. Total of about 65 pounds to lose to be at a place where I'm content. Looking forward to chatting with all of you! Three kids and a hubby who is only in town 3 days/wk means I'm busy, but I'll be trying to post here regularly to keep myself accountable.
mebhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome back Mebhealthy (great name btw) The daily chat is just that, we discuss our days. Truly a great supportive group even if we don't talk about SB. The weekly On Plan, is a great spot to post your menus and check out what others are enjoying. The recipe section is awesome for keeping food choices fresh and new.

I was not a veggie person. In the cold months I don't even enjoy salads (unless someone else makes them) I sneak veggies into soups, eggs, casseroles and snacks. It really helps me. Especially since I still struggle with mindless eating at times. My favorite kitchen gad yard my crockpots. They have been my lifeline. I cook big on average every three weeks. I freeze meals in single, double and triple serving containers. I eat all my meals at work, so planning is key.

I stopped using bottled salad dressing completely. I enjoy red wine vinegar and olive oil on my salads or even plain if I add flavored chicken or turkey. Try adding things you enjoy in your salads. For me I like a cut up apple or a pear.

Hope you check in often. I've always wanted to try a boot camp workout. Just think how much stronger and leaner you will be in 8 weeks!!!! Good luck
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

back.

Take a look at the recipe threads for ideas - I know Taco bake is a popular one with adults and kids alike Let us know if you need anything!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #5  

Hi Mebehealthy!

I'm new to SB and on week 3. Prior to starting, I was hardly eating any vegetables. Committing to Phase 1 really upped my vegetable in-take I think because I felt like it was eat vegetables or go hungry.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Hello and welcome back! You did it once and you can do it again! Wish you best of luck;-)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Welcome back Mebehealthy and a big welcome to Maurene!

I also just came back here after being MIA for a number of years.

Let's do this!
seachick is offline   Reply With Quote