South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 06:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Overlapping Weekend - Jan. 31 - Feb. 1

Good morning at the end of January and the start of February. It's nice when the month change is in snyc with the calendar. We are back in the deep freeze again but the daylight is getting longer ... and a week from today, I'll be in Cuba!

Early wake-up again today - 4:30 - but I've decided to just deal with it. The dogs have all gone back to bed and I may join them.

Not sure what the day will bring but know there will be some re-organization happening in the quilting room and a mess of accounting done for Thera-paws AND the Quilting group. I'm not worrying about the Mill until after my vacation. And of course there will be lots of dog attention in the mix. Angus has definitely bonded - and vice versa. It'll be hard to let him go Tuesday evening.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you do.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Ruth. I'm ready for February to get back in focus with exercise and eating right. I ended up the month only losing 3 lbs. and dropping off with the exercise; not good. But I will persevere! I have a CPR/first aid training on the job today, all day, and then we're going to friends' for dinner. Tomorrow is Feb. 1 and I WILL get back on track! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I was awake at 4:30, Ruth, but I was able to fall back to sleep for a couple more hours. If I'd known you were up, we could have had coffee together! Did you get that rascally rabbit finished yesterday?

Matilda, it sounds like you have a full day ahead. It's been a while since I've taken a first aide course, and I really should take another one to brush up on my skills. Have a great day!

We're in the deep-freeze, too, and it's even chilly in the house this morning. I'm all snuggled under a quilt with my hot coffee, and it's tempting to stay here all day. I don't have any set plans for the day, but we may go out shopping for new jeans for Jake. I've been noticing that he doesn't own a decent pair lately!

Food has been right-on and I'm feeling stoked!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:38 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, ladies. We are chilly here too- -17*. Cottage, I bought some fleece sheets this winter and just went back and ordered a 2nd pair. I wondered if they would be too hot, but when it's this cold the answer is no.

Ruth, sounds like your day will be busy (as always!!). I'm glad you have help boxing up the books and such. When we had our floors done the china cupboard and the closet floors were the worst to empty.

Matilda, are you required to take the CPR? It seems like such a smart thing for your employer to offer it.

I've got to run: Science fair competition at the local college today. I think I'll play it safe and pack an OP lunch so I have no reason to cheat.

Ruth, are you going to open up the January sticky for weight loss reports?

Have a good one everybody!

Last edited by Beth19; 01-31-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Brrrrrrr fleece sheets sound perfect today Beth. I've never heard of them before.

Matilda I'm with you. I slacked off at the end of the month, but will start anew again Feb 1. We are going to PA for a few days in Feb. My goal is P1 (not my version the real SB version lol) until we leave on the 13th.

Ruth you must be so excited to be going someplace tropical.....hmmmm wonder how Karen's vacation is

Linda no quilt for me this morning, but will add thermals under my clothes today.

The Keurig needed lots of coaxing today. I coukd have walked to the deli and back quicker.....but alas ahhhhh coffee

Weatherman is calling for 8-10" overnight tomorrow into Monday. My back just can't take the cot so I bought an air mattress last night. Hopefully I won't need it, but since I am walking like a question mark I need to treat my back better. Mental note to self, I am not a teenager, I am a 43 yo woman who had back surgery. I cannot shovel three driveways and expect to be pain free lol. Come on Motrin kick in. Mamma needs to get in the bike today lol......when will I ever learn lol

Enjoy!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Linda, yes, the damned rabbit is done. Joanne is going to stuff him, I hope today, because I want to clear out that room to get ready for the guys next week. Not sure where they will put the furniture but am hoping it all fits.

Beth, thanks for the reminder re the sticky. I'll do it now.

I feel as if I've done a whole morning's work. I've cleaned the fridge, run the dw and have washed and dried two loads of laundry. Is it too early for an afternoon nap? i
Old 01-31-2015, 10:08 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in and am now running a bit behind. I was in Denver until late w/babies and am on call as transporter for a possible supervised visitation then have committed to get babies back home from dad's sisters home. In between, I'm going to try to start tackling company books. My mom wants them done by Feb. 15.

Ruth, glad that wabbit is getting finished! Thanks for getting us started.

MMC, hope your class goes well.

Beth, nice job packing your OP lunch.

Linda, hope you find some nice jeans and find something fun today!

Jennifer, yes, take it easy on your back!

everyone else!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-31-2015, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - we need a pic of the bunny! I take morning naps if feeling the urge, they're luscious
Matilda - dinner with friends sounds lovely, hope you enjoy!
Cottage - good for you for taking care of the hubbie. Have fun shopping, if you go!
Beth - good for you for packing a lunch. Fleece sheets are the best invention ever!
JenniferYou must go get some fleece sheets. And take care of your back! I see lots of people having additional surgeries. Where in PA are you going?!
Debbie -thinking of you lots, lately. Hope you are emotionally doing okay.

Today is a low key day for us! Unfortunately, even the mild management duties with the drive set my legs off again, so just wrote my boss that I can't work all 4 days next week. This is so stinkin' frustrating! I'll call the doc on Monday and see what they recommend.

Until then, I need to do something with the chicken I cooked down - probably chicken and rice soup, then some kind of chicken casserole. I'll probably go grocery shopping as well - tomorrow and Monday we're supposed to get 6-12" snow.

Anyone want to play euchre tonight?

Last edited by TwynnB; 01-31-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:00 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all you frozen chicks! I wish I was getting as much snow as most of you - the DC snow hole strikes again! Everyone around us gets snow, we just don't!

twynn - I've never played euchre but if it is anything like spades, I am in!

Fussing with Ph2, I gained 2 pounds these last 2 weeks but an 11 pound loss for the month I will indeed take! I think I am going to try to exercise 2x a week, at the gym, on the weekend. perhaps that will help?

I did go down a shirt size and a pants size. AND perhaps if I shave my legs I will lose a few more?? LOL

Stay warm everyone!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:06 PM   #10  

LOL, let us know if shaving your legs helps, jenne! You may be on to something!

Tammy, I don't know how to play Euchre, but with it so bitterly cold out, tonight sounds like a nice evening for playing cards. I'm sorry yesterday at work wiped you out, I can imagine how frustrated you must be feeling.

I've never heard of fleece sheets, but I know I don't care for the flannel ones. They feel good at first, but then they feel too hot. I like nice, cool sheets with a blanket and plenty of quilts.

We went out for groceries this morning, but it was so cold that we decided to stay home for the rest of the day. Right now it's warmed up to 16*. Tomorrow's snowstorm is supposed to be just rain for us, but with the frigid temps I can't see how! I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I think I'll go comb through my recipes for a good soup to make for supper, or maybe a nice casserole.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Great job this month, Jenne!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Rabbit! Rabbit! Rabbit! It's the first day of the month.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:53 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

And good morning! Could not believe the clock this a.m. I thought it was 12:30 but it was 6:00 a.m.!

I got lots done yesterday. Joanne came over for a doggie playdate and we talked about her adopting a second dog since Joey really needs a full-time pal. She's in love with puppy Angus but I persuaded her to get an adult rescue and we found a Golden nearby that looks good. He's also just an hour away. So there may be yet another playmate for my two.

We also talked cookbooks and cooking. She is a good Thai cook and invited me for dinner last night. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I don't know what she served but it was just hot enough and redolent with mint, coriander and ginger plus chili, of course. Her kids refuse to eat "that stuff" so we have decided to cook dinner together once in a while. I have leftovers for dinner tonight - always a good feeling early in the day!

Had some PC problems yesterday - no Net connection. Angus seems to have bonded really well and has been snoozing on my feet when I'm online. He managed to disconnect the cable. Remind me that I don't want another puppy!

Looks like a decent day with sunshine. It's cold but I think I will get out there and do some more shoveling of steps and the deck. Luckily the snow is the light and fluffy stuff so it's an easy-peasy job.

By the way, the darned rabbit is outta the house. Joanne will stuff and sew him up today and surprise her DD when she gets off the train tonight. She visits her Dad in Toronto alternate weekends.

Enjoy this first day of a short month.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #14  

Good morning and Happy February!!!!! We're getting closer and closer to Spring! Now let's see what that Groundhog has to say about it tomorrow.

Ruth, it sounds like you had a great dinner last night. I love Thai food and you're lucky that Joanne has some good recipes for it.

I have a big 'ol turkey that I have to pop in the oven soon. Jake's been pestering me for a turkey dinner since Christmas, and he even got it out of the freezer earlier in the week to thaw so it would be ready by today. I made an SBD friendly lemon cheesecake last night for today's dessert that I'm looking forward to.

Another snowstorm is expected overnight, but we're only on the fringes of it and may only get rain.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Darned, no picture of the rabbit. You're a good friend, Ruth, for talking her out of a puppy!

Cottage - your dessert sounds delish!

Linda is on the edge of the storm, we're closer to the middle. Darned it, I think the kids will be off school (AGAIN) tomorrow, unless it changes drastically from their predictions. We're only supposed to get 4-8" though.

Everyone enjoyed the chicken and rice soup last night (darned, less for me later), I think I'll use the rest of the meat for either taco soup or filling for quesadillas - we'll see what the crowd wants. I've decided to stop buying meat and start using some of the meat in the freezer.

Get yer mittens on!
Closed Thread