Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default Ip Community Weekend Chat Sat 1/24 - Sun 1/25/2015

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-24-2015, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

My cousins wedding is today. Made out ok food wise yesterday. Stopped at Applebee's on the way from airport to hotel and had a salad. Dinner was filet and scallops. Of course it was all prepared and there was some sauce on the plate, but I ate around that and the risotto even though it was calling me lol. Not even a lick. Also said no to the bread and desert easily. One day down lol. Today is the wedding and a brunch buffet. Hopefully they will have salad and some plain protein I can eat. Tonight's reception is appetizer type foods. I will have a protine bar in my purse just in case.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #3  

I've been SUPER busy the last couple of days. Between extra busy at work and evening social activities, it equals busy, fun, tiring

I went to the chiropractor on Thursday and he asked if I'm getting smaller? Yay! I told him I'd lost approx 7 lbs. But man...the self talk for up pounds really starts in! I need to use my Beck Diet Solutions strategies and keep giving myself credit.

Then last nite, I went to dinner with some friends. Part of my meal was overly salted and I drank LOTS of water. My pants were so tight by the time I left the restaurant, I unzipped them on the way home. Talk about bloating! At least I know it was (major) water retention. I certainly won't be stepping on any scale today. I'll just be here depleting the municipal water supply today to flush it all out!

Sgrealtor1: You've got a good plan going there for yourself! Have fun on your trip.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Day 6 for me and feeling motivated. Last night went with DH and met brother and sister-in-law for a night out. Of course, ate at an all you can eat seafood buffet. Got a salad with no dressing, broccoli and boiled shrimp. Didn't eat any bread or dessert. Left feeling pretty proud and in control. Loving this program so much. Focused on visiting and not the meal. Felt good for a change.

Really liking this plan.

Have a great Saturday. Going to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we have today. Sunny and 58 degrees.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/132.1/134

Height: 5'2"

Huge NSV. I am at my winter campground in South Florida now. Lots of people here have not seen me since last spring. Wonderful feedback from everyone on the 30+ plus I've lost. Lots of questions on how I did it (and am doing it). I am the official Ideal Protein evangelist.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #6  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Sgrealtor1 You'll do fine;just have fun!
Lisa I'll have to look into the Beck Diet strategies because I know I will have "one of those days" on occasion.
rebelgrl87 I'm with you on the loving this program thing! Day 3 for me!
TipTop I have a friend we only see once or twice a year. Looking forward to him seeing "less" of me on our next visit!

We'll be eating out then a movie later on today. I picked Fuddruckers for my first meal out since starting IP. I'll pass on the bun and fries and load up at the "fixin's" bar. Feeling really good and positive about the changes I've made in my eating habits.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/124/112

Height: 5'

Smile wishing all a great weekend

Am enjoying a weekend for my son's bday in Disneyland, and girding up to ignore churros and other carbs in the park! A beautiful day here in Southern California. Wishing everyone an OP weekend (me too!)
Old 01-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanlee2 View Post
Am enjoying a weekend for my son's bday in Disneyland, and girding up to ignore churros and other carbs in the park! A beautiful day here in Southern California. Wishing everyone an OP weekend (me too!)
Sounds fun! Think of all the calories you will burn walking around the park! You can do it!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #9  
Started IP 1/9/2015

S/C/G: 237/140/140

Height: 5'3"

My friends are taking me out for dinner and a movie tonight for my birthday. Most of them don't know that I have started IP, so this should be interesting. We are going to Red Lobster, so I am hoping I will have some broiled/steamed options (I like all types of seafood) that will be IP compliant. I am taking my SW Curls to the movies afterwards. I am going to allow myself one Diet Coke, which I have not had any of since I started 2 weeks ago.

I think it will go fine, my friends are super-supportive. A couple of my friends run 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons. I would LOVE to be able to join them, once I get down to a more reasonable weight. One of my friends likes to do a lot of the Disney runs. I feel like maybe I should set a goal for myself around joining her on one of her trips and doing maybe a 5K or 10K, maybe late this year (like Nov 2015) when I should be close to my goal weight. I'm a little scared though because I haven't done any running before. Eeeck!!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Happy Saturday Ipeeps: So, as much as I would have loved to avoid the mall on a Saturday I went in and did my thing. Along with that I ventured into GNC and tried my first Quest Bar. Strawberry Cheesecake. net carbs are 4grams, fat 4.5. total calories 160, calories from fat 40. Based on what I have learned about the requirements of the alternate foods, this sounds like a non restricted item. Would someone take a look to see if I am right? Cuz these are really good and I could see myself having more.
Thanks all
Have a great OP day
Old 01-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #11  

While on the subject can someone advise me on the quest bars: smores, white choc raspberry and cookie dough. Although they only have 3.4. and 5 net grams of carbs. the total fat calories is actually above the total calorie mark. Restricted?
Oh, so fearful of eating the wrong food.
Help?
Old 01-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

carmie48 -- I haven't had many Quest bars, but here's the rule: Calories from fat should not exceed 30% (and, I believe, should not exceed 160 period). The numbers from your Strawberry Cheesecake bar work out to 25% calories from fat, so it seems nonrestricted. Don't know the numbers for the other bars, but it sounds like they may be restricted.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #13  

Default First Day

Hi, I started the IP program this morning. I already have a headache and am pushing through. The packets are really good. I made myself I nice salad with tsp's of olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice. It was just enough to have flavor for my lettuce, cucumbers and asparagus. I had a pineapple banana drink with it. I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm starting at 276. I'm 5'8". It's been 30 years since I wore a size 10/12. I'd like to get back to that size. But know that I need to look at today and not a year from now. If I can just keep that frame of mind I'll do well. Thank you everyone for your posts.

Would you please share with me how I can set up a size and weight tracker?

thank you, mercy reigns
Old 01-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #14  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Welcome, mercyreigns! You will find signature and tracking info in Lisa's first post of every day of these daily threads. Basically, you need to be a member for 20 days + have entered 20 posts. Lots of other great info & links in that first post, too. Good luck on your IP journey. You will be in good company on the Daily threads. Check out other threads that may interest you as well.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:01 PM   #15  

Welcome Mercy! Go to the User CP ( control panel) located in the upper left hand corner of main page. from there go to edit signature, there will be instructions from there. Once you have made your selection, cut and paste to your signature page. Hope this helps
Closed Thread