Old 01-16-2015, 04:32 PM   #1  
MamaChub

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'10

Thumbs down Going up!!

I know I only started trying to eat better/exercise a week ago, but I swear the scale is going up instead of down. Someone tell me you've dealt with this, before, and that it's only temporary!
itsmemaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I went up at weight at first by quite a bit. The reason I think was mostly water weight. Prior to paying attention to what I was eating and all, I really wasn't drinking enough water, and I was drinking a lot of soda. So once I started drinking water I think my body held onto it for dear life.

Even a few months in now my scale isn't always showing a week to week loss. It is trending downwards over all though. Give yourself a few weeks to adjust to the changes you've made before tweaking.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't look at the scale for the first bit at all. Be encouraged that its not going down three pounds a day or even noticeably yet. Be proud of yourself for sticking to the changes!A good pace for weight loss is a pound maybe two a week. At that rate thoigh, its hard to see it the first few weeks. You have water weight and depending when you weigh you'll weigh different things, etc. I've dropped about fifteen pounds now but I feel like I haven't lost anything. I get frustrated and I think "that scale has to be lying, I must still be 194 pounds!!!" We're fighting weight and our own minds. Don't let the numbers bother you yet and do what sunarie suggests with the water less salt could help too of you eat a lot of it!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

If you've just started working out loads then your weight will definitely freak out for a while. Stick with it for a few weeks, drink water loads until your pee is clear (every single day!) and the weight loss will come soon enough. It takes a while, which is frustrating, but progress takes time!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

I've delt with this and it's definitely frustrating!! One thing I realized though, is what if I got on the scale and it said I was down 10 lbs, but my clothes felt no different and I couldn't tell at all.... The number really wouldn't matter, I've got to be able to see it and tell the difference. I'm still struggling everyday with the number on the scale, but I'm really trying to focus on my clothes and how I feel!! Good luck and stick with it, eventually the weight WILL come off
Samantha Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:49 AM   #6  
MamaChub

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'10

I want to say I feel better - more energy, less "blah," and I know that comes from how much healthier I've been eating. No noticeable difference in how clothes fit, yet, of course. But my energy levels are way better. Keeping up with my 3 littles is already becoming easier. I went back to basically where I started, at the beginning of the week, pounds-wise, but I was really hoping for more, especially as I'm 50 pounds overweight. I figured the first couple weeks would be encouraging, because that's typically when the pounds come off faster. No matter. Discouraged or not, I'm not quitting. Thanks for the support! <3

Last edited by itsmemaggi; 01-21-2015 at 12:50 AM.
itsmemaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:12 AM   #7  
In It to Win It!

S/C/G: 263/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Another suggestion, take measurements and measure yourself once a week. I do my bust, my natural waist, my abdomen (or my hips) and my lower hips, around my butt. I've only lost 8 or so lbs, but 2 inches from my bust, 2 from my waist, 3 from my abdomen, and 1 from my hips. It's another one of those great motivators where you can see other results not on the scale.
banditbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #8  
Mom of 3 under 2

S/C/G: 240/240/200

Height: 5'5"

I just started (only since last Weds for exercise and then yesterday and really today for diet wise) but it is definitely frustrating...Im going to go off how my jeans fit probably because I could definitely tell when I had lost just 10lbs!
HappiestMom is offline   Reply With Quote