South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fabulous Friday on the Beach 1/16

Good morning chicks! First pot of coffee is ready!

I woke up at my normal 5 am darned it, so thought I'd start DH's breakfast and the coffee.

I'm excited - a coworker is coming to visit me today . The kids also only have a 1/2 day of school (end of quarter) so it will be a busy afternoon. When will my nap fit it?!

The roasted chicken was excellent last night, and now the broth is ready to make soup. Mmmmm, nothing beats it on a cold day!

I can't wait to hear all the details on Karen's trip!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm first in line for that coffee, Tammy, and thank you! It sounds like you have a fun day ahead.

I don't officially go back to work until Tuesday afternoon when the family gets back, and then it'll only be a couple hours. I will have to go over each day to feed the dogs and let them out for a while, but that's no big deal.

This morning Jake and I are going to shop for outdoor security motion lights to replace our front porch light, then I'll go and spend the rest of the afternoon with Dad. Tomorrow is my Red Hatter's luncheon and meeting, but that's all that's planned for the weekend.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about Karen's trip to the Gualapagos Islands, too! It sounds like an interesting trip.

Coffee's delicious, Tammy!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my that's good coffee. Thanks, Tammy. I slept until 7:30 this morning! Sure beats wakening at 3 and not getting back to sleep.

My house is sparkling - except for the guest room which is Christmassy! The upstairs storage room needs a major cleanout since a lot of stuff got just shoved in willy-nilly when the upstairs floors were replaced. I need to haul out my summer clothes bin before I put away all the Christmas stuff. I see a spring yard sale happening. Michelle says she'll come and help and also is going to give up one of her Saturday mornings to help me pack the diningroom stuff.

Linda, when I get a little bit older and want to go back to Ireland, maybe you can "nanny" me and keep me out of trouble. Too bad you didn't know about this trip sooner - we could have grabbed a weekend.

Tammy, enjoy your day with your co-worker and children. When will the chicken soup be ready? Even just the thought is enough to make me want some for breakfast.

Was planning to shoe shop in town today but it's snowing so I will wait until tomorrow when the weather is better. I'll hang out around here today, working on accounting stuff and maybe some sewing on that darned rabbit. I even have some ironing to do, if I remember how!

TGIF everybody!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Tammy. Sounds like things are picking up for you. Enjoy your soup.

Linda. Have a nice few days off. How many dogs are there.

Ruth. Michelle is a keeper isn't she. Hope you have a good variety of shoes to choose from.

I'm beginning to think I have an allergy to shellfish. Had shrimp and the stomach cramps started about midnight. Up every hour on the hour to go to the washroom. Might go back to bed. Dh is taking car in for an oil change this morning.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ruth Michelle sounds great...oh how I would love a Michelle Sounds like you have another busy day.

Tammy thanks for starting us off and for the coffee mmmm Probably one of my favorite smells. Enjoy your time with your co worker....just no working please, have fun

Linda enjoy your time with dad. Maybe you and Jake could do something fun this weekend....besides the porch light shopping lol

Just a normal day here. Going to the movies with Joe and his son tonight. We are going to see American Sniper. Had a nice score at Sears yesterday. I wanted to get Lands End turtlenecks. Since the spring stuff is out they were on sale. I bought 4 and a down vest, with my rewards points I only paid $25.00. Did a happy dance

Time to sip coffee and give belly rubs before I begin the day. Have a cozy day
Old 01-16-2015, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sophie hope you feel better. Has this happened before?
Old 01-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Jennifer. Yes, even once on my holiday in France. I find it hard to believe because I've been eating shellfish forever. I guess we change with time.
enjoy your movie night.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all! Just a quick drive by - today is shaping up to be a crazy one. Lots of work to do and the boss is off today so I'll have to field his calls (yuck!). This afternoon I need to drop off a big pile of old scrapbooking magazines to a friend and then I'm off to a meeting with my belly dance troupe. We are working on new costuming for the troupe so it should be fun.

Everyone have a great day and if I get time I'll come back later for some personals.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, it's been crazy morning at work and I am attending a memorial funeral service after work with my boss.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:38 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all, we have lovely sunshine this afternoon after a bit of snow this morning. I used shoveling as my workout for the day. It was light and fluffy so it moved easily. (I almost never lift, I push it)

We have a 3 day weekend since Monday is MLK day. No big plans right now but I am going to think of something to get DH and I out of the house. And of course, I need to get groceries and do the proverbial weekend cleaning; I don't have anyone named Michelle to come do it for me.

Have a great evening, chicks and keep warm!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Cyndi and Cottage, I tried the cauliflower crust, using the recipe from detoxinista, for the first time tonight. I made a mess (and probably lost a bunch of it) during the cooking/straining process but it did taste good. I think I will try it again soon.
Closed Thread