Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #1  

Default Any maintainers still shocked

At the way they look, even a couple years later?

Been in maintenance at least 2 yrs and to this day i am still shocked at my image in the mirror, i mean just about every time.... it's a pleasant surprise but i don't think people who've never been overweight experience this...

i was overweight for probably 17 yrs or more (am 52 now). i do admit though that i practiced mirror avoidance then and still do somewhat...
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:20 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I still have my fat pic, it's part of me.

Pics of me now, still surprise me. But I love them!

The thing I love most after all the work, is this.

I'm 55, I have 4 grandkids! I'm still rocking the farm, still rocking keeping stats for my son, who coaches football! I work all week, and still, can run up and down the sidelines! Counting tackles!

A few years ago, it was dry here, and we had well problems at the house, and getting the garden watered, was a struggle. The Dh, loaded up a 1000 gal water tank, added a MOTOR! It was like a fire truck! I rocked watering the garden with all that pressure!

I love the mirror! I am rocking the house at 55! I know, yeah, I have stretch marks from having twins, that were over 6#'s each. I know, the girls went SOUTH, a long time ago.

But, I have an amazing body! It's the only one I will get, gotta love it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:46 AM   #3  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I think it becomes much less shocking as the maintenance years go on. I never broke the habit either of avoiding the mirrors at home so I am still a little surprised when I see myself in a store mirror.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I still have my fat pic, it's part of me.

Pics of me now, still surprise me. But I love them!

The thing I love most after all the work, is this.

I'm 55, I have 4 grandkids! I'm still rocking the farm, still rocking keeping stats for my son, who coaches football! I work all week, and still, can run up and down the sidelines! Counting tackles!

A few years ago, it was dry here, and we had well problems at the house, and getting the garden watered, was a struggle. The Dh, loaded up a 1000 gal water tank, added a MOTOR! It was like a fire truck! I rocked watering the garden with all that pressure!

I love the mirror! I am rocking the house at 55! I know, yeah, I have stretch marks from having twins, that were over 6#'s each. I know, the girls went SOUTH, a long time ago.

But, I have an amazing body! It's the only one I will get, gotta love it!
I totally agree!! i am loving the new me and it is HARD WON but i still get a real shock when i see myself, idk why!!

I went from a size 3x to a SMALL. A SMALL!!! woah!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Even after gaining 30 lbs after losing 110 (now working on getting the 30 back off) I still need a double-take in the mirror sometimes. I still can't believe I can shop in normal stores!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I spend serious time - well a few minutes - in the mirror every evening. I still can't program the new me into my head. Especially my face. But also my tummy.

I went from a 44 inch waist to a 29 inch one in pants and a 3XL to a S in tops. I was overweight for the best part of 20 years.

Last edited by IanG; 02-05-2015 at 04:48 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote