Old 01-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #1  
guineverenj

S/C/G: 176/167/145

Height: 5.7'

Default Jorge Cruise???

Hi All,
I am 47, in perimenopause and I have gained about 10 pounds in the last 6 months. Partly because I have been happy and relaxed and partly because I have been making poor eating decisions. This being said, I have a really thick middle and I think it is someone following behind me when I walk (wink).... I bought into the Dr. Oz show's recommendation, Jorge Cruises's Happy Hormones, Slim Belly diet. I have been following it for 9 days with only one pound lost. More importantly, I cannot find more than 3 people who have posted about success on the internet. I am wondering if there are any Lo Carb friends who can give me some thoughs and feedback. I feel like I want to give it a try for 6 full weeks before moving to another plan because it is so easy to follow but if there aren't many more people with success, I may rethink it. Any ideas?
guineverenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #2  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

The diet I know nothing about, but perimenopause and hormones and weight loss issues, that I know. Lack of progesterone makes it really hard to drop pounds (and can cause insomnia, which can make weight loss nearly impossible) and a LOT of women develop thyroid problems at this time, which will make losing weight impossible. My levels were at the lowest end of normal and I needed supplementation, I had a lot of hypo symptoms but levels plenty of docs would find acceptable.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote