Old 01-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/277/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default What are your rewards?

I was curious what everyone is doing for short-term goal rewards. For me, food isn't an option as a reward. So what are your non-food-related reward ideas? Right now, I am collecting a very large book series (42 books in all), and I will allow myself a book for every 10 pounds lost at this point. I already have over half of the collection, so the remainder of the books I will get by way of reward per 10 pounds lost.

Other ideas....?

Thanks!!
FritzyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:55 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

I am buying myself my own scale as one for the first fifteen pounds!!! I don't have one and use the one at work and also use the one with Wii U fit (hubby got it for Christmas). Broke my phone and had to pay to fix it so I can't actually afford it yet, so I'll be waiting and stick to what I'm using for now. (Any recommendations? Digital or regular scale?)

Another of my later rewards is books for my kobo similar to yours! I have five mini goals for my journey.

I'm also doing a big haircut when I loose half the weight as a goal. I always get the se thing but want something really fresh and new. I'll be getting front bangs and haven't had them since I was a kid.

One of my last ones is getting my toe nails done. I don't like nail polish on my fingers but I did my toes for my wedding and loved it. The nice thing about hair and nails is its also a date with my girlfriends so its making memories.

Then its just clothing XD
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #3  

Those sound rewarding! I am assuming the scale you are referring to is a bathroom scale and not a kitchen scale. Correct? However, that was totally unnecessary to clarify because I prefer digital for both! LOL! I just find that I like having the "point something" to follow on everything. Others could reply to this and have a different perspective, though. Anyone?

Good luck to you on your journey! I hope you get all your mini rewards and more.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:35 AM   #4  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I did small things similar to what's already been mentioned like books and it kept me motivated.

A few years ago, someone posted an idea that I loved about getting a charm for every ten pounds lost. Something like Pandora where you create your own bracelet. I really wish I had done that.

Good luck to all and enjoy those rewards!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Video games, books and the like for small goals. For the bigger interim goals (50# , 100# etc) we're planning things like some new furniture or a shopping trip to the art gallery. The grand prize for reaching goal will be a 3d printer
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #6  

What a great idea Tai! I don't wear bracelets but that has my mind turning for other ways to do something similar. I had heard once a lady doing a jar of marbles, transferring a marble for each 5 pounds lost, but that really doesn't seem like a reasonable keepsake. I will have to see what else I can do. Thanks for sharing!

Vchan000 - that 3D printer is going to be awesome!! Can't wait until I hear that you were going to buy it for yourself.

Thanks for all the ideas so far! Keep them coming because it helps all of us. Here's wishing us a successful day today!

Last edited by FritzyRoo; 01-13-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Small rewards are things others have mentioned. Kindle books, games, some of the more spendy make-up (I don't really buy a lot of make-up), nail polish, and then for when cash is low boyfriend has agreed to give me massages.

For medium goals.. the bigger ones that aren't really true goal yet, like getting under 100lbs, and getting out of obese territory. I'll be getting a new, nice computer chain, and then a little clothes shopping spree. I will be buying a few clothes here and there as I lose, just so I have stuff that fits. The mini spree is to get a few more items than I typically would. I also figure I'll start losing slower around there so the clothes will be sticking around longer.

For my big end goal just a wardrobe overhaul. All news clothes, going to toss out the old ones. Plan to sink a good bit of money into it. We're also going to Disney in a few years, but that isn't really a reward, we'll be going either way.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Mostly just being more healthier and being far away from day 1. Now i am past my main goal i have thought about getting my first tattoo that details an inspirational quote with a scale design noting my before and goal weight in roman numerals.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Im excited for the printer too. I've wanted one for ages but couldn't justify the $1k - $1.5k pricetag for the one I want. Then hubby suggested it for the grand prize goal. I'm marrying a genius
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #10  

Sunarie: I tend to stick with common sense items too but thought that I would do things a little different this time around since I am having to do this all over again. I really deserve a spanking instead of rewards for allowing myself to be at this weighr again. thanks for sharing!

TheSatinPumpkin: Now THAT would be one permanent reminder I'd say!! after going through the pain to get a tattoo, that should be motivation enough to not gain the weight back! LOL. I agree being healthy is the best reward indeed.

Vchan00: I can see why this should be a "reward item" and not an everyday purchase! that is going to take a little bit of money I can see! LOL.

Last edited by FritzyRoo; 01-13-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:05 PM   #11  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

A lot of my rewards are pretty medium-big ticket items; $60 at the yarn store, new earrings, an Essie nail polish collection, new shoes, a massage, a yoga/ballet class pass. My goal weight reward is a set of boudoir photos which is a huge expense, but totally worth it :-)
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #12  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Like you, a new book at every 10 pounds lost.

Plus I got new shoes at 25. I'll get a bunch of photography stuff when I get to 270. A new DSLR camera at 199 (trying to decide between a Nikon D3300 and a Cannon Rebel T5). I was going to do a photography class at goal, but there aren't really any in this area, so I have to figure something else out.

Somewhere in there, maybe when I can run, I'll get one of the fancy new models of FitBits.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

I'm just pounding forward.. no rewards but in the past I have bought small beanie babies just to represent 5 or 10 pounds.. and I would line them up on my shelf in my closet so I could see my progress. I'm not a beanie baby fangirl.. just needed something to look at... now I just update my sig
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #14  

Izzyboomama: Those are some interesting rewards! Although I dont think I would be brave enough for such a photo shoot. You have already gotten a good start so you will be telling us about that in no time, I bet.

FeraFilia: Those sound great too! Wonder if there are online courses that would be worthy of "reward status"? You are doing great and are deserving those rewards!

Wannabesomebody: First of all - you ARE somebody! Tangible things arent always necessary are they? It IS a reward in itself to change the ticker or avatars to reflect the losses. You are right about that. Your success so far is impressive. Congratulations!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #15  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Perfume, scarves, purses, shoes, pretty pretty things!!!!!!

My reward when I hit my goal is a sexy photo shoot, for ME. Sure, I'll let my husband see, but it's FOR ME.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote