Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #1  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Default Do you give yourself rewards/plan to give yourself rewards for mini goals?

This isn't really a personal victory of mine, but I was wondering, do you guys do rewards? c: I've seen people say they'll get their dream dress or a new iPod or whatever it is depending on how big the goal is. A friend of mine even had family members promise her money for her trip if she reached her goal weight by a certain date! What are your rewards, if any? (:
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #2  

I'm going to go crazy when I get back to 199. I love being in onederland and it was so hard getting there the first time.

I plan on getting my hair straightened with the keratin (sp?) treatment at my friend's salon (it's about $300 and only lasts 3-4 months) and then I'm signing up for a motorcycle course to get my motorcycle license.

I guess I could do both of them now but I want to wait till I get that good feeling back of being thinner and able to wear my favorite size 12 Levis.

My goal seems so close yet so far away. I want to do all of this in the spring so I best get my act together.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I have mini-goals of $15 for smaller rewards. Slightly larger goals of things like getting to onederland, or getting out of the obese category. And then of course the large overall goal.

For the smaller stuff I have a lot of small things, some of it doesn't even cost money (like massages from boyfriend). Some of it is make-up, or games under $10 I want, or nail polish. I have some Kindle books picked out too. Little things I don't really use often (I rarely wear make-up/nail polish) so I don't end up spending a lot of money on, and therefore don't have much in the way of quality products. In fact, I don't own a single bottle of nail polish yet. I have the basics for make-up, cover-up, foundation, a thing of mascara and eyeshadow, that's it! So the mini-goals are not things I need, but that would be nice to have.

Medium sized goals are a new computer chair and a minor clothes shopping spree. Minor I'm guessing will be ~$200.

And my end goal is just gonna be a wardrobe overhaul. It'll definitely be needed and I want nice clothes to wear for the Disney Trip we're planning.

Originally all my "reward" goals were centered around weight loss. I've switched a bit to reward myself for good choices now though too. So if I go a few weeks were I kept on plan entirely, or kept to my workout plan. I kind of find stuff to reward myself with once a month. Which sounds silly/cheaty when I say it.. but it helps me keep on track by forcing me to find positives (not necessarily because of the reward, cause honestly I could just buy the stuff when I feel like it). When I keep positive, I keep at it because I enjoy the experience.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Sorry for the double post, forgot to add there was a thread a while back where we were discussing non-food rewards. A few people listed their ideas. If you wanted to look at it, it's here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...d-rewards.html
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #5  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

I think mini goals and rewards are good, and by peoples suggestions I've picked rewards that aren't food centered.

They help me because I'm just at the start and have only lost 14 pounds, which you can barely notice! But mini goals remind me that I am indeed making progress even if I can't see/feel it. My first rewards are smaller, when I loose 15 pounds I'm going to buy my own scale, at thirty I'll be shopping for books! At 45 pounds lost I'm treating myself to a new hair cut. I've wanted front bangs for a long time, even if I don't end up liking them, hair will grow back and its a big motivater. 45 pounds is also my half way point so I figured I deserve it, plus at the weight I might pull off bangs better.

58 pounds lost isy next goal weight, its weird but it will put me back at my high school weight . For that I'm getting my toenails done with some girlfriends!!! I'm really curious how I'll look too, because I don't know what I'll look like as an adult at that weight.

And my final goal is to loose 74 pounds...maybe less maybe more depending on what I look like and how I feel when I get down there. I want to keep some curves and I've never been that thin as a teenager or an adult! When I hit that, I'm buying a bikini with my husband, which is kind of hilarious cause I don't like wearing bikinis in public or with friends (plus they arent really good at staying on while swimming). But, for just family and the two of us I think it will be fine.

Lobe hearing goals though, they givee ideas!! Maybe I'll add more!!! Love the idea of treating myself
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #6  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

I haven't set goal rewards yet, but I always planned to. I just kept plugging away to the next goal weight. Around the past month though I had to buy new pants as the old ones kept falling down, except I didn't realize I'd actually gone down two sizes and so now the new ones are starting to fall down too. My birthday is next month so if I can hold on that long... when asked what I want it'll be pants. However, when I reach size 1X I'm definitely gonna need new clothes. I have nothing below a 2X and only a couple 2X shirts. I guess that will be my first goal reward. LOL
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

This whole lifestyle has been a reward in itself but i have thought about getting my first tattoo. Have one of my inspirational quotes that includes my day 1 and goal weight numbers in roman numerals.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 01-09-2015 at 07:13 AM.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/ticker/240

Height: 6' 4"

I think I will reward myself if I get down to 225 (which is below my goal) by going to the DMV and getting the weight changed on my driver's license. currently says 265 which was a fib at the time (my real weight was 290+.)
superfluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Ohhhh good idea superfluous.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #10  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Everyone's ideas are so cool and I hadn't seen that thread, actually, thanks!
I just think it's great that most of these rewards are also about treating yourself, so it's not only good motivation but good to keep you going c:
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote