Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:22 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Thursday 1/8/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #2  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone has a 100% OP day today.

I have a slightly odd question about water intake and bathroom breaks:
Although I have been drinking the appropriate amount of water each day, I am really having trouble with managing my bathroom breaks at work (I am a teacher) I managed to drink 4 cups of water before I arrived at work this morning (2 herbal tea, 2 regular). I figure the more water I drink in the morning the less I will have to make a mad dash to the restroom during the day.

Does anyone have any advice about this? How do you get your water intake in while at work?
Old 01-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

It's a chilly morning here in the Big Land (-47C with the windchill), I did not want to leave the house!

I had a hard time getting dressed this morning, it made me a few minutes late as I could not find something thing to wear! All my pants are too big, and I was thinking it's too cold for dresses/skirts. It beats having nothing to wear because your clothes have become too small

Stay warm and have a wonderful OP day!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #4  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post

Although I have been drinking the appropriate amount of water each day, I am really having trouble with managing my bathroom breaks at work (I am a teacher) I managed to drink 4 cups of water before I arrived at work this morning (2 herbal tea, 2 regular). I figure the more water I drink in the morning the less I will have to make a mad dash to the restroom during the day.

Does anyone have any advice about this? How do you get your water intake in while at work?
Hi Lilaberry, I had a similar water routine--got up super early to get that 1st liter through me. My body got so used to it that I've kept the same routine in maintenance. It keeps my appetite in check and if I skip it, I don't feel quite right.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

Height: 5'4"

In response to Briael from yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffetadarling View Post
I haven't been doing too well even sticking to 90%...I do better in a boot camp protocol. I know that's not recommended but I can stick to the diet better that way. I have BCAAs that I will take to make up the extra protein. Too many options cause me to take more and more. Until I can psychologically avoid eating all the things because I can somehow make them fit my guidelines, I need to be extra extra strict.
What are you excluding that is making it difficult for you to stick to mainly OP? Are these things that you can incorporate into the diet on a regular basis without having much effect on your loss pattern? I have a hard time giving up chocolate, so we found the ChocoRite dark chocolate bar as an occasional treat. I hate pancakes without butter, so I allow myself a tsp of that on pancake days. They aren't part of the protocol, but they ensure that I will stay on IP as long as it takes. I would rather build in a minor workaround than fall off the diet completely.

I think I remember that you take BCAAs because you are also exercising (gym, was it?) on IP. This means that you should be supplementing additional packet or acceptable caloric/carb equivalent anyway.

I don't actually work out. I have BCAAs from a fasting diet I did a while back. I was to take BCAAs on fast days to keep up my protein. My issue, and this is one that I've talked with extensively with my therapist, is that I will lie cheat and steal to get what I want. What I want is peanut butter. It's my trigger, my comfort food, and if I can work it in to the day (say making it a "restricted" snack), I will and then I can't stop. Going super super strict with the boot camp not only gets me the losses I'm looking for (as I tend to slip and tweak with the plan as it is written) but it also doesn't allow anything that's not in a packet or a vegetable. That helps me tame the 3 year old part of my brain. I have a lot of issues around food psychologically and I must do whatever I can to change it. I'm working through the Beck Diet Solution as well.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #6  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilaberry View Post

Good morning!

It is possible you might need a weekend to adjust to your increased water intake. Any time I change my water intake I notice a big response at first, and then my body adapts to my new routine. For example, like you, when I start drinking more water, I am running to the bathroom every five minutes it seems. But after a few days, I tend to even out my trips as my body figures out what's going on. On the other hand, if I fly and drink less water for a stint, I feel so parched for a few days. It's interesting how sensitive our bodies are. As a side note, is it possible that you are drinking too much water? That's also something to keep in mind.

I find the worst part of adjusting to MORE water in the winter months is that my hands get so dry from all of the washing! Ouch! Right now, my hands are so chapped.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Question for you guys about IP macros. So, I log everything in MFP, just to keep in the habit of tracking my food. I noticed the unrestricted IP chocolatey chip pancake comes up as 170 calories, 10 net carbs when I log it (and I looked online and confirmed that nutrition info elsewhere also). I don't know how this counts as unrestricted, as the general guide for IP alternatives as I know it is packets need to be between 70-160 calories and an unrestricted is 8 or less net carbs. Any one have any ideas about this? Maybe the formula is changing?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/238/165

Height: 5'8

Default Weightloss Stalled For Over 2 Weeks

Hi there -

Just wanted to ask if anyone has experience a weightloss stall for such a long time. I started the program on 11/24 and lost a good amount of weight the 1st month on the plan.

However, I've not lost any lbs over the last two weeks but did lose 2 inches (wk#5 & wk#6) and this week (week #7) I'm actually showing that I've gained 1 lb. and no inches lost. It isn't time for TOM.

I will admit over the holidays (xmas and NYE) I had trouble eating all of my food a couple of days but I did eat as much as I could and resumed normal eating as quickly as possible

I've also been counting my carbs and protein since I started IP. My average daily carb intake is about 23g carbs and my avg daily protein is 90g. I'm drinking 96oz water minimum. The 1st month I was using water enhancers but stopped them in wk#6.

I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do at this point.

My daily eating schedule is as follows roughly - I do mix things up a bit but generally this is the schedule:

B: EAS Choc Drink
L: EAS Choc Drink or ProtiDiet Chicken Noodle Soup
D: 4 c Veggies and 6oz (Beef, Chicken, Pork) or 8oz Fish or 3 Eggs/3 Whites
S: ProtiDiet Carmel Peanut Bar or IP BBQ Crisps

1 - 2 cups of lettuce or cucumber are added extra when TOM brings the munchies but it's not a daily thing for me to add extra veggies.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #9  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMeBack View Post
Hi there -

Just wanted to ask if anyone has experience a weightloss stall for such a long time. I started the program on 11/24 and lost a good amount of weight the 1st month on the plan.

However, I've not lost any lbs over the last two weeks but did lose 2 inches (wk#5 & wk#6) and this week (week #7) I'm actually showing that I've gained 1 lb. and no inches lost. It isn't time for TOM.

I will admit over the holidays (xmas and NYE) I had trouble eating all of my food a couple of days but I did eat as much as I could and resumed normal eating as quickly as possible

I've also been counting my carbs and protein since I started IP. My average daily carb intake is about 23g carbs and my avg daily protein is 90g. I'm drinking 96oz water minimum. The 1st month I was using water enhancers but stopped them in wk#6.

I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do at this point.

My daily eating schedule is as follows roughly - I do mix things up a bit but generally this is the schedule:

B: EAS Choc Drink
L: EAS Choc Drink or ProtiDiet Chicken Noodle Soup
D: 4 c Veggies and 6oz (Beef, Chicken, Pork) or 8oz Fish or 3 Eggs/3 Whites
S: ProtiDiet Carmel Peanut Bar or IP BBQ Crisps

1 - 2 cups of lettuce or cucumber are added extra when TOM brings the munchies but it's not a daily thing for me to add extra veggies.

Any suggestions?
A couple of things - try eating 2 cups of veg at lunch and 2 at dinner and supplement with lettuce. It gives your metabolism a kick and keeps things moving and active, which means more fat burning. Also. are you taking your vitamin supplements? I find that when I slack off the supplements when I'm in P1, my weight loss slows. Hang in there, a stall isn't unusual.

E
Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Remember, too that a stall is SEVERAL weeks with no change, either on the scale or in inches. If you lost inches last week, that counts as a loss! Sometimes your body takes a couple of weeks to readjust once weight has been lost. Water weight can sneak in for reasons other than TOM too - keep an eye on your foods for the next few days and see if you have been eating higher sodium meats more often than usual (beef/pork) or using your salt a little too liberally. Are you getting enough sleep? Under a little more stress than usual? Getting sick or have an injury? All of those things can cause us to retain water - and once we get beyond them the water flushes out and the scale starts cooperating again

From what I can see, you are on track with your eating plan. I wouldn't change anything at this point (except to make sure you get those supplements in!) and just evaluate the things I mentioned above. If everything is in order, then it's likely just your body taking a breath before your next big loss. Totally normal
Old 01-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #11  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

It's a chilly morning here in the Big Land (-47C with the windchill), I did not want to leave the house!

I had a hard time getting dressed this morning, it made me a few minutes late as I could not find something thing to wear! All my pants are too big, and I was thinking it's too cold for dresses/skirts. It beats having nothing to wear because your clothes have become too small

Stay warm and have a wonderful OP day!
I can relate to the situation except my climate is only in single digits after considering wind chill!
The extra time it takes to find pants that fit (searching my 'Closet of Many Sizes') is getting longer and longer... I am even beginning to run out of long sleeve tops and sweaters at my current size!
I discovered some tights and leggings in my clothing storage that help in this cold weather.
But I am not complaining... You are right - I am happy to be short of clothes that are not too big instead of short on items large enough to fit a larger me!

Today is WI - looking forward to getting my numbers to post in the 25 by Sppring challenge. I posted a token WI in my Diet Bet game this AM - down 1.8 in 6 days. Hope I will have a similar result for official IP WI!

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-08-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #12  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Question for you guys about IP macros. So, I log everything in MFP, just to keep in the habit of tracking my food. I noticed the unrestricted IP chocolatey chip pancake comes up as 170 calories, 10 net carbs when I log it (and I looked online and confirmed that nutrition info elsewhere also). I don't know how this counts as unrestricted, as the general guide for IP alternatives as I know it is packets need to be between 70-160 calories and an unrestricted is 8 or less net carbs. Any one have any ideas about this? Maybe the formula is changing?
I have raised this same question since they announced the new pancake packets to be unrestricted. I don't count them as unrestricted.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #13  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I have raised this same question since they announced the new pancake packets to be unrestricted. I don't count them as unrestricted.
Seems fishy...I'll check with my coach next week and see what she says.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #14  
maintaining since 9/2013

Oldmeback Agree with the other posters. Fwiw, I think IP protocol is to eat no more than 2 cups of veggies at one time, meaning the ones that count in your 4 cup total. You could try spreading out your veggies, but if your plan has been working, maybe just wait things out for a bit.

Other possibilities: constipation? TMI alert, the colon can store up to 10 lbs. Another issue can be exercising, which can cause a stall and an effective might be to add an extra packet--counter-intuitve but it seems to work.

You are doing great to have made it through the holidays OP!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Cold for us in central Texas - it was 21 degrees when I woke up this morning and expected to stay in the 30's.

My coach said the pancakes were unrestricted. I got a box over the holidays and just ate them on days when I wasn't also having a restricted.
Closed Thread