Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #1  

Smile please help needed to set achievable mini-goal

Hi everyone i'm pretty new on here (actually i'm a returning member) and loved the feel of the forum and the support and advice you all offer.
I've got about 45\50lbs to lose altogether and it just seems so hard..
I'm going to Milan in 10 weeks and think setting a mini goal may be a good idea but don't want to set myself up to fail.
what do you think is an achievable goal to set myself?

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
Lozkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

How about setting a behavioral goal as opposed to a numerical goal by a specific date?

Something like:
-Exercise at least 20 minutes per day
-Eat 5 servings of vegetables per day
-Drink 8 glasses of water per day
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:15 PM   #3  

That is a great idea thanks hun
Old 01-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
How about setting a behavioral goal as opposed to a numerical goal by a specific date?

Something like:
-Exercise at least 20 minutes per day
-Eat 5 servings of vegetables per day
-Drink 8 glasses of water per day
This is what I do. I log calories so my goal is simply to log consistently, and I reward myself approximately every 6 weeks just for logging. I'd probably still reward myself if I missed a day and went back to it, but not if I've fallen off the wagon when reward day comes up.

So far it's working really REALLY well for me. Logging my calories is something I always have control over, which isn't always true for other things like what I eat or how much. And at the same time, logging my calories lets me see what I've been eating so I can make healthier choices, which circles me back around to healthy eating if I get off track.

You could do the same with something like exercise or eating veggies or drinking water. Maybe even keep a check sheet so you can see how often you're meeting those goals. (Calorie logging isn't for everyone I'm sure, but there are lots of ways to keep yourself accountable)
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

I love the idea of setting behavioral goal instead (or on top of) numerical ones.

What I also like is selecting a piece of clothing that is a little snug and trying it on from time to time as it fits better and better.
Melfuchsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #6  

currently my uniform is tight so I'll be aiming to get that fitting abit nicer...as i really don't want to have to go to HR and request a bigger one
Old 01-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #7  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I would suggest 30 minutes of exercise a day
Cut out sugar and processed food
Eat lots of protein and veggies
Do fun things like dance or walk or hike or just cruise the mall and window shop.....it TOTALLY counts as exercise!
Good luck!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote