South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 05:58 AM   #1  
Mous

Angry Monday Beach Daily 8/4

A cheery Good Morning!

DId you wake up bright as a new penny ready to meet this day with a smile on your face and a song in your heart?

If today is your weigh in day OR your FIRST day, remember that those numbers only mean that you weigh x amount. It doesn't reflect on who you are, or what you want to be.

Don't let the scale rule or ruin your day. You are what is important,
NOT what you weigh.

We like you for you, for the effort that you are making and for the decisions that are shaping your thinking to a new WOL.

As we change are habits our bodies will change. Slow, yes, but isn't the best things in life, YOU, worth waiting for?

I THINK SO!

Today I step on the scale. I know that it may say 3 things. You lost, you gained, OR you stayed the same. I will accept whatever the outcome will be and smile and say I AM CHANGING inside and out.

Clean house today and cook.

How I love to do both! Well the last one! LOL

Have a great day.

Lady
Old 08-04-2003, 06:10 AM   #2  
In Control: E+R=O

Lady, what a nice post to wake up to! You really do bring inspiration, please keep it up!

I'll soon be off to the hospital for my sister's surgery. She needs to check in at 6:30 this morning. I really appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers for her, and I know she will also.

I have to brag on myself a little bit. Last night I made the Salsa Chicken recipe from the book, and it was fabulous! I ate a nice size helping, and it tasted so good, I wanted another helping. But then....and this is the part I'm so proud of myself for....I asked myself if I was really hungry or just wanted more because it tasted so good.....and I honestly decided that I really was not hungry and put the leftovers away! In my "old" life, I would have eaten until I couldn't move (or until it was gone, or both). I think this really was a turning point...I'm making significant changes...this WOL really is going to work for me!!

Have a Marvelous Monday all you Beach Beauties! I'll check in later tonight after I get home from the hospital!
Old 08-04-2003, 06:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Lady Windsong, and thanks for putting a smile on my face. I can't believe you get up so early as your dawn comes 2 hours later than mine. DO you sleep?

Twodogmom, lots of positive thoughts and vibes and prauyers on their way for you and your dear sister. Please check in later to let us know how things are.

Rain again today and for the next four days. We had a power outage last night but I'd kind of expected it and had the flashlight ready as soon as it started to storm. The youngest dog was scared - of the flashlight, not the flashes and booms! Go figure. All seems well this morning - no trees on my car as far as I can see but it'll be another 8 Muddy Paw Day!

I think I did OK yesterday on food despite the brunch after Church. I ignored the muffins, picked up cheese, some melon and berries and found a breakfast casserole that was not quiche or full of bread cubes - just ham, cheese and egg. Whew!

Laundry and cook ahead stuff this morning. I had planned a trip to town but just realized it's Civic Holiday, renamed Ontario Day, and the shops will be closed. Maybe I'll make another millemetre of progress in the sewingroom!

Coffee needed badly this a.m. so I'm off.

Have a Marvellous Monday, Beach Beauties and Buffs! (Do we have any guys in here?)
Old 08-04-2003, 06:29 AM   #4  

Good Morning everyone!
Lady Windsong! You put a smile on my face before 6:30 a.m....what a really nice thing to wake up to...thank you..

Ruthxxx, it's raining here in Maryland today too and I also have 2 dogs, one who doesn't like to get his feet wet outside, always a challenge on rainy days!

twodogmom, prayers for your sister, and good for you on skipping seconds on that chicken...(sounds good, when I get my book, hopefully today, I'll look that one up.)

Happy day to all,
Stay the course,
tina
Old 08-04-2003, 06:31 AM   #5  

Good morning,

Today is my first unofficial day back at school. I'm wondering how hungry I'm going to be. So far, hunger hasn't been a problem...but it's that building. Something about it makes me want to eat, eat, eat. HA!! Couldn't possibly be stress, could it?

Well, for the record, I have re-lost those two lbs. I gained this weekend. I've readjusted my attitude. This diet has gotten me to start taking vitamins and calcium on a regular basis. It has gotten me to wake up and think about what is really in the foods I'm eating other than fat content. And...it has made me feel a whole lot better. So, truthfully, that is what really matters, not the scale. Now, when I'm on day 14 Wednesday and I'm back to the pity party, make me come back here and read this.

On an up-note, my trainer taught me some new ab exercises the other day and yowza...my stomach hurts. But if it helps my stomach look even 10% better, I'll be thrilled.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. It's time to go wake my ogre (my 4-year-old) and get him started down the path to school.

Ruth...you're down to 196! Wow! That's awesome.

Lady...you're something else. You always make me feel good when I read your posts. Very inspirational.

Twodogmom...You're so much better than I. I can ask myself if I'm still hungry. Even if the answer is no...I still take at least one more bite. What a food obsession I have. The salsa chicken sounds good right now. There's a salsa at my supermarket in the deli section called Santa Barbara Style salsa. It is AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves salsa. So much better than the jarred kind.

Erika

Last edited by bradydave; 08-04-2003 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:19 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!!

Brady, condolences on your first day back. I hope you have a WONDERFUL year! Every one (myself excepted) of my family is/was a teacher, and I feel for you.
Congratulations on re-losing the two pounds, sweetie. Your attitude this morning is GREAT!!

Good morning, Tina! You need little boots for your dogs.

Ruthie, BIG storm last night, huh? Little DS and I sat on the verandah to watch it. Like his mom, he LOVES thunderstorms.
I was hoping the storm would pass overhead, but judging by the location of the flashes, it was obvious that it was crashing and banging right over YOUR head!

Twodog, you must be so proud of yourself for THINKING about your stomach last night! Good for you, hon!
I haven't tried that recipe yet... it sounds good...
Again, love and prayers for you and your sister.

Lady, you are amazing. This morning I thought, "What will happen if Lady runs out of inspiring messages?" Is that possible?
You are a sweetheart, and we love you dearly.
How is your Mom doing?
By the way, if you're ever interested in hiring yourself out as a cook...

I slept in until 7:30 this morning!! Must be the weather. Dark. Gloomy. Cozy.
I have a real urge to go to the hardware/lumber store today, but we've got a darned holiday. Civic Holiday. Ruth, did you say the name's been changed? Ontario Day? What the heck is THAT all about!?
I have nothing exciting to tell you. Although for the sake of Gofishin', I suppose I should say that I have a rock concert this evening. Nine o'clock. In my bed.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:35 AM   #7  

Good morning all!!!

This is day 1 of my new WOE. I am really excited. I had 2 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of canadian bacon. And I am FULL!!

Love that

I just wanted to say hi to all! I am just so excited about this. I hope to get to know you all.

Nikki
Old 08-04-2003, 08:43 AM   #8  

good morning ladies....yes....I am still here and plugging away...off to the cardiologist today....(hour away) will be back this evening....I will try to be good. Love you guys...
Old 08-04-2003, 08:55 AM   #9  

Good morning Ladies!

Today is a good day.. my 300lb sister starts Phase I.. along with her hubby.. I am really jazzed about it! For moral support I am going to redo phase 1 with them.!

arie
Old 08-04-2003, 09:26 AM   #10  

Good Morning Everyone. Good luck to all the teachers and students starting back today.
Welcome to Luvkittie, good luck to whimsey for your cardiology visit(mine was last week), ellis and ruth- enjoy your holiday, twodogmom- I will be praying for your sister.
Today starts day 8 of my Phase 1, and I am finding this WOE much easier than I imagined. I did go to the movies twice this weekend and was really tested at the concession stands. Popcorn is definitely my drug of choice, and addiction is a powerful thing. I brought some nuts with me and repeated to myself...I am doing this WOE, one day at a time. That way it doesn't feel overwhelming. I took the advice I have been giving my alcoholic clients for years. It could definitely fit!!!Anyway, have a great Monday.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #11  

Angry Happy Monday to you All

I just love coming here and reading the posts keeps me up beat and ready to take on a new day...continue the quest of my loosing.

Starting week two of Phase 1 and not bored nor want to pig out on those carbs! I can wait, I keep telling myself....only seven days till a yogurt.

Enjoy the day!

Wendy
Old 08-04-2003, 09:49 AM   #12  
Imagine...

Morning to All!

Welcome to all the newbies, you will love it here! I had a wonderful weekend and hope y'all did the same! Went out with an old family friend and had a blast! All in All I somehow managed a 2 pound loss. Go figure.

I haven't started on phase II yet as I continue to have slipups in phase I so I figure it will balance out. So far it has, as I am still losing. Any thoughts on this?

Ellis & Ruth ~ take the day off, it is a holiday for you after all! i get tired just reading all you do!

Whimsey ~ Good luck at the Doctors.

2Dog ~ Your sister has our prayers, keep us posted.

Ari~ My in-laws are starting also, isn't it great when people we love join us! We are all in this together.

Lady ~ truly inspirational, as always...keep it coming!

Jackie~Becareful with nuts...big trigger food for me.

LuvKitties~ I love em too. Welcome!

Brady~ congrats! 2 lbs is great...keep it up!

Tina ~ stay the course is a great thought I need to remember. A few minor slip ups should not derail us on our journey. Welcome & thanks.

Rainy here in CT. also for the next few days. I have a dog & 2 cats...thats 12 muddy paws!

Have a sparkling day!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:57 AM   #13  

Good Morning everyone!
Lady - It was so nice to see your inspiring words first thing today. What a positive note to start out with.

Ariela, I wish my 300 lb. sister-in-law (she's not even 5 feet tall)and her hubby (my bro.) would start. She is in the hospital yet again for weight-related health problems. My brother doesn't really have a weight problem, but he would do anything for her. Unfortunately, even after constant hospitalizations, she cannot seem to get out of the "blame it on the world" phase as far as losing weight goes. And we all know that no one can help people who don't want to help themselves It is just so hard to see someone you love literally shortening their own life like that.

2dog- Prayers for your sis..hope she feels as great after her surgery as I did after mine.

Have a good one everybody!

Sandi
Old 08-04-2003, 10:00 AM   #14  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Angry Monday, Monday....

Good morning, all! So nice to see your cheerful and postitive posts.

Sandi-So sorry your SIL has so many weight related health problems. Maybe you will have a positive influence on her just by example?

sflake-I forgot our kitty paws when I was counting up the damage to the carpet...we have 12, too! Another rainy day here, too. No trip to the pool. Darn.

Wendy-good for you on sticking to it! Just gotta take it one day at a time and stay the course!

JackieO-concession stands...egads! They rank right up there with drive-through fast food on the "avoid" scale! Great job!

ariela-hope your sister and her DH fare well on phase 1...how nice of you to join them for moral support!

Whimsey-have a good trip to the cardiologist...hope all is well!

Nikki-your enthusiam is contagiouis! Glad you are starting off so well!

Ellis-I had a bit of a sleep-in myself this morning! My 7 year old let me sleep until after 9am! Now of course I feel sluggish and lazy. Just can't win!

Erika-2 pounds, hurray...do the happy dance! Start back to school...okay, stop dancing! At least you know hunger may be a problem so you can plan ahead. I am the same way at work, so I keep all kinds of heathy snacks in the fridge there. Good luck!

Tina-have a wonderful day and keep that great mental attitude!

Ruth-it has been an 8 muddy paws type of year at our house! Don't think the carpet will ever be the same. Good choices at the brunch! Way to go! Maybe I'll get inspired and do some house cleaning today. Then again, maybe not!

Twodog-hope your sister comes through with flying colors! I'll have to try the Salsa Chicken...it sounds fab! Nice job resisting "unnecessary seconds!"

Lady-again, I am touched and awed by your inspirational message. It sure makes starting the morning easier! Thanks!

I made it half way through The Firm Cardio Sculpt tape yesterday, and will finish it today-IF I can walk up the stairs! They call the little step thing the Fanny Lifter....but I call it the GLUTE BRUTE!! I was so worried about learning the steps, but it turns out I don't have two left feet, only 1 1/2!! My DS watched me and commented "your'e pretty good at this, Mom!" My own cheering section...so sweet. When he asked if he could watch I said yes, but on the condition that he didn't make fun of me. He replied "I won't make fun of you...I would NEVER make fun of you!" Now if only he stays this sweet for a few more years!

I am coffee pot bound...Have a wonderful, peaceful, and productive day, Beauties!

Last edited by frannymae; 08-04-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:12 AM   #15  

Today starts the first stage of our different WOE for DH and I. Over the weekend I made 18 egg biscuits and grilled up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and also some turkey breakfast patties. We've stocked up on low fat meats and cheeses plus many, many veggies. He will have a challenge or two as he will be on the road for a day. I told him to go to a restaurant and have a huge omelet with veggies and low fat cheese for breakfast. Also tomato juice and turkey bacon, if possible. He said that he usually can find a decent place for salads.
I'll be posting my meals in the daily meal thread. His may be a bit different, but our evening meal will usually be the same.
I found some "Chef Choice" entrees in the super Wal-Mart yesterday and bought a few. We compared carbs with my favorite Smart One and OY VEY! By the way, when we were at the Wal-Mart, there was a terrible storm and the lights went out. You wanna see DARK
Closed Thread