Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2015, 01:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/278/150

Height: 5*3

Default Just so annoyed

I have been busting my a** working out 6 days a week. I stay under my calorie goal on mfp, I track every single thing I eat and the weight still goes up and down between the same numbers.
WT* is the point in working so hard when it's not paying off.
ReeseJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:42 AM   #2  
[url=http://www.TickerFac

According to your signature it appears that you have already lost 43 lbs. That is terrific!!! Do u usually do the same workout each time? If so it might be as simple as changing up your routine and confusing your body. Another possibility is that you are gaining muscle and burn in fat. This will cause the scale to not fluctuate much. My last thought is that it might be about the time in which you are weighing. It is always best to weigh in on a specific day of thw week and only weigh yourself at least 24 hrs after you workout. This is because working out causes your muscles to retain more water and glucosamine (sp? ). I personally work out M-sat, take a break on sunday and then weigh in on monday. I hope that this helps and remember DONT GIVE UP!!
Bslope0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

I'm frustrated today too as well. This is a never ending up and down saga and I feel like I live at the gym. Hang in there, it will go down.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #4  

As you work out, don't forget to occasionally reassess how many calories you actually need. I was running and working out like a fiend and hit a brick wall on weight loss. It turned out that I was actually eating too few calories for the amount of exercise I was doing. Once I upped my calorie intake, the weight started coming off, again. I know how frustrating it can be, but hang in there. Eventually, it will pay off.
clownfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I second what people have already said. Make sure you're getting enough calories, too few can slow or halt weight loss because your body goes into starvation mode.

Keep at it though. Remember weight loss isn't a straight ride down. It's not uncommon for folks to get stuck at/around the same weight for weeks before seeing a drop in the scale again. It's tough, but just keep to a routine and eventually you will see movement.

You can do it!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #6  

I have a fine line between working out and calorie intake.

I actually lose more eating more on my intense workout days (baffling to me). I also make sure it's extra healthy calories vs being reckless because "I earned junk food".

When I first started (pushing 350), working out over an hour a day did nothing for me. When I reduced it to 40-50 minutes the weight pretty much fell off (thank God).

You have to find your own personal sweet-spot.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/173/160

If you are using the caloric expenditure numbers on the machine they are usually out because they are not calibrated on a regular basis at major gyms. If you can afford invest in a heart rate monitor that tracks calorie expenditure it is more accurate as it takes into account your heart rate and weight.
Jemcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #8  

Thanks for the advice everyone..
I rotate between four different workouts.

I have decided I'm just going to quit working out. By Thursday I had already DOUBLED the amount of calories and time that MFP had my exercising at, like I have been doing and it still doesn't help me any.
Beyond p*ssed and disappointed.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #9  

You're over reacting.

I understand your frustration, but you can't give up. You have already come so far. Take a hard look at what you are eating. Not just the number of calories and see where you can make improvements.
Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #10  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

May I ask how long you were working out for 6 days a week and eating on plan and seeing your weight bounce around between two numbers? And what were the two numbers - or at least, how far apart were they?
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #11  

272-275
Almost a month

Last edited by ReeseJimi; 01-05-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #12  

I understand, I was stuck at 205 for over two weeks. I suggest you cut back on your carbs to less than 70 a day. That should shake things up enough.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #13  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseJimi View Post
272-275
Almost a month

That's rough. Please do keep at it. It can take time for your body to adjust to a new routine, especially an intense one. It's not unusual for me to see fluctuations like you describe for 3 weeks or so before recording an actual loss, and that's without changing anything in my routine. Sometimes it just happens - if you keep at it, you might be surprised with a sudden whoosh that puts you down in the 260s before you know it. Good luck and good strength.

When I was at your weight I could lose comfortably (~5 pounds/month) on about 1700-1800 calories per day, plus a little bit of exercise.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I easily stop losing weight when I begin a new workout routine. I usually see a stall on the scale for 6-8 weeks before the downward trend begins again, but I FEEL better: my outlook changes, there is more "pep in my step" and I often start to see small body changes during that time.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 AM   #15  

When I was seeing a dietician and got in a rut where I was eating the same things every day, doing the same exercise every day, really in a comfort zone for myself (and I was down over a 100lbs at that point), I was desperate to keep losing and get under 200.

I thought my dietician was crazy but she switched my meal schedule so I was eating lunch for breakfast, dinner for lunch and breakfast in the evening. Then she advised me to do multiple bouts of cardio/weight training at different times of the day (so say, 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes in the evening and maybe 10 minutes walking at lunch). VOILA! My body liked the change up and wasn't expecting the same 'ol, same 'ol.

I have no idea why or how it worked but it did. It might be something for you to consider. I feel bad you are so frustrated and will share anything I can with my experience that might help.
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote