Old 01-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #1  
Mom of 3 under 2

S/C/G: 240/240/200

Height: 5'5"

Default 28yr old mom of 3 just wanting friends and support

well title says it all really..Im 28..married 5 years..have a 3 yr old with special needs and then 18 month old twin boys that just need constant supervision lol...Im a stay at home-er and just tired of being overweight...I eat when Im happy or content or bored..not when Im upset..sometimes I think I should get my hubby to piss me off more often so then I wont eat lol...I tend to crave carb stuff and definitely dont drink enough water.... my best and only friend around here is skinny even though she has PCOS just like I do...always seemed so unfair like why did she get to be skinny and I have to be fat on top of all the other horrible symptoms of PCOS...im not on meds because I dont have blood sugar issues but I do gain weight super easy and then have a super hard time getting it off....ive been up to 262 when I was preggie with the twins and then the lowest since they were born was right after at about 225 when I did the HCG diet....I kept it off for quite a while but gradually its creeped back up to 240...normally wear a size 18 and would love to be a 10 or under..a "normal" size...I want one more child and want to be a healthier weight when Im pregnant and wear cute maternity clothes...I want to be healthier for the kids and have a better time and feel better in my 30s than I have in my 20s

anyone wants to talk feel free to PM me..if you prefer FB just PM me and I'll give you my profile name on there... hope to meet some new friends and get some accountability support..
HappiestMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #2  
In It to Win It!

S/C/G: 263/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

It has to be a total lifestyle overhaul. No gimmicky diets, because while you will lose weight, it's not sustainable. I'm working on getting that done and it's hard. You have to find time to work out and get some exercise in. And it's hard because you have kids. How does your husband factor into this?
banditbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Mama, I'm 27 going on 28 year old mom too. I have a 3 year old, daughter 5 year old stepdaughter, and 7 year old stepson. I've always suspected I had PCOS though never been tested... all my issues were under control when I was lower weight but I gained again 2 years ago after I miscarried my 2nd baby. I was around 180 when I got pregnant the first time. Hoping to lose the weight again because I want more babies and to just enjoy life and playing with my daughter more! I've been working on getting my eating under control the last few weeks. I think I just eat for the energy boost when I'm tired, but it doesn't really help... eating something sugary just makes you MORE tired after like 30 minutes. Anyhow, I seem to have broken my bad eating cycle the last couple of weeks and hope to keep at it. I have been working to up my activity level during the day. Chasing after the kiddo takes a lot of energy but I started wearing a pedometer and realized just how little I was actually walking... so I'm adding more walking and an extra workout to my day now as well. What is your plan?
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Mama!! Welcome! I personally do not have been diagnosed with PCOS (although it has been suspected) I have quite a few friends with PCOS and they truly struggle but managing is doable with a plan and support. There will be highs and lows but you just have to move on from the lows and push on. Also maybe you can measure your progress in other ways than the scale...taking before pictures, measurements, intensity of exercise levels, as well as distance covered if you are adding in walking or running...
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:19 AM   #5  
MamaChub

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'10

Hi!! I, too, am a 28-year-old mom of 3. Mine are 6, 3, and 16 months. They're a handful, but I still find time to eat and pack on the pounds. My doctors have ruled out PCOS (I have trouble breastfeeding and at one point we suspected maybe a hormone imbalance/PCOS was to blame, but nope), so I feel like it's just my fault, and I have no self discipline. My mother has hypothyroid and has since her early 20's, so I'm always terrified I'm going to develop it, as well. My last blood panel was a year ago, so I'm going to have another one done, soon.

I agree, I'd like to be a "cute" pregnant mom, with my (eventual) other pregnancies. Right now I just feel... Ick. And I also want to be a good example to my kids, you know? None of them have a weight problem, but I feel like it's only a matter of time, because my husband and I aren't the greatest examples.
itsmemaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #6  
Mom of 3 under 2

well its been a bit but with my life things just get crazy lol..in the past two months Ive joined my fitness pal....gone back to the gym..gone walking with my boys...and also going to be joining daily burn for the days when getting out of the house just isnt happening lol... excited to be back and really get going....

ItsMeMaggi.... I have no self discipline either....I would stay with my great g-ma as a child my whole childhood and she let me eat whatever I wanted....I know it was a grandmother thing and I would never tell her or really blame her but I also know that its part of what made me start my childhood and teenager years off as chubby and then just go from there gaining weight... I just wish I could do something to not boredom eat...or to LIKE healthy green stuff....but I wasnt born with green loving tastebuds so its going to be a battle...feel free to PM me if you want...being a mom makes it harder because kids come first and we just do what we have to do make it some days...especially with eating and sleeping...
Old 01-27-2015, 12:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi! I am a 25-year old mom of just 1 so far, but I feel your pain. It's much much harder to find the time to work out and eat right with babies or kids around! Just with my 1 little baby I am already finding that it's hard to make myself a good meal, and I end up binging on sweets from hunger and tiredness and stress! I lost weight after the birth but now the scales actually going back up again, lol.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:40 PM   #8  
Mom of 3 under 2

mottanai I know what you mean...I lost with both pregnancies and then it gradually got back up..with my singleton is was worse though weight gain wise I actually got back up to over pre preggie weight...so this time I managed to not get that far but it def went back up about 10lbs over the past 18 months...which doesnt seem like a lot but..to me it is lol..
Old 02-02-2015, 12:03 PM   #9  
Single Mom of 3

S/C/G: 280/265/160

Height: 5'4

Hi! I'm a 25 year old single mom of 3 kids. I have a 7 year old and then I also have twin boys who were born 6/6/13. I have gained so much weight since having them! I am just starting this weight loss journey and refuse to stop! I would love to keep up with your progress being that we have things in common. I weighed 280 when I started this on 1/16/15 and I am not down to 269!
road2lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #10  
Mom of 3 under 2

road2lane thats a great loss!...nothing amazing going on here...not a huge loss but hubby has been home a lot and he is a very bad influence food wise..but the last few days I have been trying to get back and went to the gym last night and will go again tonight once boys are up from their nap....Im down to 236 last time I checked and I def need to up my water intake...
Old 02-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday I had a good diet and exercise day. I did a 30 min workout in the morning and then a 30 min workout after dinner (jilian michaels dvd) I also stuck to about 1350 calories. I made gluten free pizza, and took it easy on the cheese. I usually avoid all dairy because it is inflammatory. I think the after dinner workout helped. I only had 2 pieces of pizza. Usually I am very busy in the evening, between making, and cleaning up dinner and getting the kids ready for bed. But adding that workout in kept the sugar out of my mind. Today I am doing good so far. Already worked out.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Welcome! I know how you feel. im calorie counting and working out. Its awesome. 25 minutes 5x a week. First week I lost 3 lbs and 6 inches. Once u get started u can do it.

Im here if u need the support or want help. I finally found what works for me.

U can facebook me. Search bres tough love weightloss journey
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote