Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 12/27 - Sun 12/28/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-27-2014, 07:16 AM   #2  
Started IP 12/26/14

Good Morning!
I just started IP yesterday.. I made it through day 1, which I am happy about but I woke up with a Charlie horse and a major headache. I just licked some salt, took advil and am having my coffee, so maybe I will start feeling better soon. I know week 1 can be tough so I am just going to keep my head down and trudge through it. It may sound silly because I have many days ahead of me but I do feel happy about accomplishing day 1.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Welcome week 1 is tough....keep to the plan and make sure you are drinking enough water. Good luck on your journey!

Relaxing day here...my BIL & SIL are in from California for the day. They fly off to Mexico tomorrow with friends for NYE. They wanted us to go with them, but DS has hockey all this week.

Planning on getting them sandwich stuff for lunch then they are coming to DS' s hockey game at 5:30 then we will grab a late dinner....need to shuffle my eating schedule around a bit today....
Old 12-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #4  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Carolyn Rose - you have the right attitude! One day at a time...sometimes one hour at a time. I'm trying to remember that as I near my goal.

I've been flexing that willpower muscle a lot, and it's getting tired. I still need to understand in every molecule of my body that, for me, this will be constant vigilance - even when I phase off. That willpower muscle will always be flexing. How can I do that without exhausting it and just giving up and falling into my old habits? I have an eating disordered past, and that all or nothing feeling is one that I still need to work on.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Yes, I'm on day 27 and having a hard time. Going to be on this for a long time, and sometimes it's really hard to use that willpower muscle.

I have a professional conference in February in San Antonio and am already concerned about that. Gonna really miss the chips, salsa, and margaritas!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #6  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Welcome Carolyn Rose. Great start for you. Keep your eye on the prize & know that this plan really does work if you work it! Lots of water, as you already know, salt is great, & keep up with your supplements - I found I really needed the calcium & magnesium to prevent muscle cramps.

sgrealtor Great planning flexibility!

Rayze You are so close to your goal weight! Keep going - you can do this!

MizBeadz Sometimes it is hard when you think of all the things that are off limits during the weightloss phase. It might be helpful to make a list of all the things you can have. That way you might be able to rest the resistance muscle a tad.

Also, once you are in Maintenance, you will be able to add some foods & also plan in a 'fun' meal/day. Stay with it!! It will pay you back Big Time!!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Hi ladies! Please to report that I was down 2 pounds at my weigh in today. It's not a huge number, but my coach and I had a goal of 1 pound over the holidays, so we were both thrilled. On to bigger and better things this week, even though I have a few BIG challenges to get through. I am staying positive and focused though, would love to see a big number next week so that means being 100% OP!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Yes, I'm on day 27 and having a hard time. Going to be on this for a long time, and sometimes it's really hard to use that willpower muscle.

I have a professional conference in February in San Antonio and am already concerned about that. Gonna really miss the chips, salsa, and margaritas!
MizBeadz, salsa is doable as long as it is salsa fresca without sugars added. You can use it as part of your limited veggies (tomatoes). Consider finding yourself some while you are there, then you won't feel like you are missing out. It's an awesome topping for roasted chicken breast.
A bit of lime and muddled mint in a glass of seltzer water will at least give you a mojito feeling.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

Despite my many setbacks in over a year, I did find that I liked the intellectual challenge of adapting "business" type food situations and finding a way around it - it made me feel really pious!

Make it a personal challenge to get through it while still eating. Research the hotels, restaurants or wherever you would be eating and plan what you CAN eat. Bring IP food and eat before you leave for an event. Hit a grocery store and stock up on things that can tide you over.

You CAN do it. Make it a game....
Old 12-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #10  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Saturday! I have a question that I'm sure someone has a good answer to.

I've been sick (cold/flu/GI) for almost 2 weeks. It has been a challenge to drink all my water and to eat everything OP. I'm pretty good with getting 2 packets in and maybe 1/2 the protein, hardly none of the veg It's not that I'm trying to be bad, I just feel so lousy and tired and nothing tastes right or settles well in my tummy. Doctor says it's viral and will go away soon. Losses have slowed dramatically. I'm betting it's because of poor intake. Anyone else go through something like this? What did you do to stay OP? And did things go back to normal when you felt better? Now it's been so long that I'm hoping my body doesn't react to an increase in food/calories by gaining! (Coach has been less than helpful, blaming the cold pills which I truly can't function without yet)
I'm going back to bed. Hope someone has some insight for me tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #11  

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Will definitely check menus before I go. Am considering taking cucumber slices and celery sticks to dip in the salsa.

I have one luncheon to go to. Would it be rude of me to make the hostess aware of my dietary restrictions? She arranges the menu the hotel serves.

eterbunny, hope you feel well SOON! I can't imagine fixing all the food while I'm sick. Are you able to have shredded chicken in chicken broth? Soup is so comforting when you are sick.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #12  

I keep telling myself how happy I'll be when swimsuit season arrives! :-)
Old 12-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Will definitely check menus before I go. Am considering taking cucumber slices and celery sticks to dip in the salsa.

I have one luncheon to go to. Would it be rude of me to make the hostess aware of my dietary restrictions? She arranges the menu the hotel serves.

eterbunny, hope you feel well SOON! I can't imagine fixing all the food while I'm sick. Are you able to have shredded chicken in chicken broth? Soup is so comforting when you are sick.
MizBeadz - absolutely you should work with the waitress or hostess. I have never had anyone be difficult about it when I approach them in a kind manner to ask for their help and support. I have gotten all the phraseology down, how to ask, what to ask, etc. Never an issue!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #14  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
Happy Saturday! I have a question that I'm sure someone has a good answer to.

I've been sick (cold/flu/GI) for almost 2 weeks. It has been a challenge to drink all my water and to eat everything OP. I'm pretty good with getting 2 packets in and maybe 1/2 the protein, hardly none of the veg It's not that I'm trying to be bad, I just feel so lousy and tired and nothing tastes right or settles well in my tummy. Doctor says it's viral and will go away soon. Losses have slowed dramatically. I'm betting it's because of poor intake. Anyone else go through something like this? What did you do to stay OP? And did things go back to normal when you felt better? Now it's been so long that I'm hoping my body doesn't react to an increase in food/calories by gaining! (Coach has been less than helpful, blaming the cold pills which I truly can't function without yet)
I'm going back to bed. Hope someone has some insight for me tomorrow.
So sorry you feel crummy! No fun at all.

If you're having problems getting all your food in, do the best you can. Fluids are really important right now so try really hard with the water - decaf teas count as water and might be more palatable right now.

If you can't get all your real protein in you might try upping your packets to four a day and make the fourth one something light - the fruity ones or jelly. They are lighter and might be more palatable while you are sick.

Try pureeing your veggies into a soup, either adding them to an IP soup or with low sodium chicken broth. Mushrooms and bell peppers work really well.

Our bodies tend to hold onto water when we're sick so don't worry too much about the scale right now. The important part is you getting better and you'll drop the water weight as your body heals.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone......sorry for the sickness and troubles! Hard to keep on track when not feeling well. Drink lots of water as Ruth Ann says....

For traveling, I have done many a trip on IP....you would be amazed at what you can ask for and get easily in any restaurant....you just have to want to do it. Bring packets along, you can always get water. Also the portable stuff like bars and soy nuts are great. I will be away again in January at a wedding for the weekend and the I go to Vegas for work in March. My packets will be packed and ready to go.......

Well back to work for me today. I am having an open house at one of my listings.....of course it's raining so I expect a slow boring day. Bringing a good book to keep me busy...
Closed Thread