Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Friday 12/19/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #2  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

The last Friday before Christmas! Yahoo!! Hopefully most of you are ready for Christmas. I'm going hunting today and tomorrow with my dad and brother so last night I laid out all of my packets and cut up a pile of veggies for the trip! I even had a RTD chocolate shake in my pantry so I threw that in my bag, that way I don't have to deal with the shaker bottle, I feel like that may scare the deer away.

Wishing everyone a great OP weekend!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

From Mimi47 in yesterday's chat:

Awesome, catlady -- thank you! We have both Vitamin Shoppe and GNC - -will head there tomorrow. Do you get other supplements there as well?

Yes. I get Vitamin Shoppe brand Potassium Citrate 99mg there as well as Nordic Naturals Utlimate Omegas. For a multi vitamin I take Centrum.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #4  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Happy Friday All:

Another week is almost in the books. I have my WI tomorrow and I am hoping to see big number.

As far as vitamins, I am shopping at COSTCO. Better rates and higher quantity.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:14 PM   #5  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Yes. I get Vitamin Shoppe brand Potassium Citrate 99mg there as well as Nordic Naturals Utlimate Omegas. For a multi vitamin I take Centrum.
Vitamin Shoppe is awesome. Nearly all of our "equivalent" supplements come from them. They are incredibly helpful in finding a product that meets your needs, so if you want to go alternatives take your IP bottle in and they will do their best to match it for you. Their own brand products are very good.

We also take the Centrum adult daily vitamin, but buy it at Walmart.

Gorgeous sunny day here in west Texas, although not as warm as I'd like, so it's time to get my feet moving and some fresh air.

Have a wonderful Friday, Ipeeps.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Thank you ladies for the vitamin info. So glad to have your advice!
Old 12-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Survived "party day" at school! Today is day 19 for me. Lots of food gifts from children. Dumped a gift mug of Snickers on the table in the teachers' lounge, and it was all gone an hour later.

Going to my sister's for Christmas. She's serving steak.....not because of me but because my daughter (her favorite niece) is visiting from NYC and wants REAL steak. I'll bring LOTS of veggies.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Kimo88, do you have an IP recipe for venison chili? A friend gave me a bunch of frozen venison this afternoon and suggested making chili with some of it. I'm confused about how I would measure it.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Just measure the venison like any red meat although it will be exceptionally lean. Is it ground, MizBeadz, or is it a chunk that you will have to cut up?
If it's to be cut up, make sure you sear it well on high heat to seal in the juices as it cooks. You will likely need to use a bit of your EVOO to do this.
Venison is yummy if it has been surprised when shot. If you've had to track it down to kill it, EWWW, adrenalin makes it taste horrid. Hope yours was surprised, lol.

Liana
Closed Thread