South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Friday Beach Chat

Good morning!

I'm up early to take my sister to the airport. Her flight leaves Denver at 6 AM. It's a one hour drive and she needs to get there very early so we are leaving about about half an hour. So much for sleeping. Lol. I did actually set the alarm this morning so I'd be up early and have plenty of time for coffee. Speaking of coffee, I have time for one more cup.

Hi to everyone and have a great day!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:32 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm up too Debbie - woke at four and started making mental lists - figured I'd get up and write stuff down while I remembered it.

My darned dental appointment was TWO hours yesterday - a new hygienist who just had to tell me her life story and then the dentist wanted to talk dog training. When I got home though, Michelle was just finishing up and my house now sparkles! She even washed the glass shades on the diningroom light fixture. Gotta love someone who sees things that need doing.

Late this afternoon, Joanne will be home and reunited with Joey. He has been a very good dog and fun to have around but it'll be nice to have just my two - it's hard to pet and cuddle three dogs at the same time.

This morning I need to go to the bank and will also get that vase to the florist for filling. I've also decided to BUY my veggie tray for Christmas Eve. (I hate making veggie trays and always end up with too many leftover veggies.) Now I just need to figure who could pick up the tray on Wednesday afternoon. I also need the bubbly picked up and lugged into the house. A few slaves would be handy.

OK - another coffee and another attack at gift wrapping. I am starting to see bare spots on the diningroom table! Still need to get those gifts picked up in Brockville - maybe tomorrow morning after I hit the big grocery store for some party stuff.

TGIF Beach Babes!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie, and hope your travels went smoothly this AM, esp. with DS' flight!

Ruth, I agree - Sam's has awesome and inexpensive veggie trays (except for that nasty dip, so I bring hummus), unless it's when I have all veggies on hand. Do you mind sending Michelle this way??!!

I did a bit much yesterday, but it's DD's bday on Monday, but she's bringing snack today since Monday is the Christmas party (and those poor Christmas babies already get ignored SO BAD). I'm a little sore, but not too bad!

My friend brought me over a batch of cauliflower leek soup...it is absolutely delicious!!

Today should be slow. Better truly rest up while I can, since the troops are home this weekend, and they get mighty restless.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Beach Beauties. I'm still in my jammies, which is rare, but I missed my shower time and now have to wait until everyone is out the door before I can hop in. Oh well! I's going to seem like a luxury when DS and his family finally can move into a home of their own!

How was your early Christmas, Debbie? Safe travels to your sister! Is she the one who lives in Hawaii and flies in for her treatments?

Tammy, I have a big head of cauliflower and am eager to turn it into soup after hearing you rave about yours. Do you have the recipe? My DGD's birthday is on the 23rd, and we're adamant about making it a special day for her. It seems everyone wants to group her Birthday/Christmas into one gift.

Ruth, I'm glad you decided to go with a pre-made tray. We just have too much to do these days, and so little time to do it. I'm thinking of ordering a deli tray for my luncheon on Sunday, rather than stressing over what kind of soup to make that everyone will like. Plus, any leftovers will also be used for supper so I won't have to fuss with that after making gnocchi all day. I bet it will be nice to get back to your normal routine after Joey gets picked up.

I have a lot to do today, but don't know where to start. And now that my morning routine is out of whack, I'm really mixed up! The last of the kids are just out the door now, so I guess I should have my shower and get dressed now. Maybe I'll be in a better frame of mind and have a plan after that.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I'm in my jammies too Linda and I plan on staying in them for an hour. lol Last few days have been busy running around, funny I am done shopping. Yesterday I had coffee with Ed and today I am taking him to the Bronx for a follow up with his surgeon. First we will be stopping at his favorite Italian bakery for goodies for the staff. I get to drive his new truck and play chauffeur.

I stopped by Joh's GP drop off a gun to get new sights, so girlie of me. Spend two hours Chatting with him and his wife Megan. Nice being around his kids as they are really excited for Santa. They have three boys 3,7 and 9.

DS is being stubborn haven't seen him since my ex picked him up. He was supposed to come home yesterday, but not a word, just a text that he has a package coming from Barnes and Nobles. Not stressing as the chaos will resume soon enough lol

Ruth I need to figure out what to bring to my sister's on Christmas. I too will be picking something up. I just don't gave the time or desire to make anything.

Debbie hope you enjoyed your Christmas with your sister and your massage!

Tammy please don't over due it. You still have recovering to do.

Boy am I jealous the pups look so comfy. If on,y there was enough room for me in their little bed I woukd snuggle in.

I did finally get my hair done yesterday. Even my stylist said what color are we going with today. My hair had taken on an interesting color scheme all on its own. It is nice to be what I think is my natural color again. My hair actually looks healthy for a change. I really need to do a better job maintaining my appearance. Maybe I won't look so tired all the time. Sorry I am just rambling today lol. I got my bloodwork back. Everything was good except Vitamin D was severely deficient (no shock as this has been for years) New dr put me on prescription Vitamin D for 12 weeks. Hopefully it helps.

Ok I better get moving

Happy Friday all!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am dragging a bit this morning feel like I am living at work right now. Probably will need to work this weekend as well. Ready for vacation.

My MIL called yesterday and they have the flu so they do not want us coming on our way to ski so now I need to reroute our trip and book a couple nights hotel rooms.

Debbie hope your sister got off this morning

Ruth I would love a Michelle to come clean my house lol

Tywnn take it easy today

Cottage I like to keep to routines as well

Jekel hope everything straightens out regarding DS

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Linda, here is the link she sent me:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/11/c...soup.html#more
Old 12-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Tammy! I picked up leeks while I was out this morning, so it's what's for supper.

Holy cow, the traffic and crowds are INsane today! I'm glad I had the forethought to get out early, but so did a lot of other people.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post

Holy cow, the traffic and crowds are INsane today! I'm glad I had the forethought to get out early, but so did a lot of other people.
Ugh! I wanted to stop at Costco this afternoon for a simple pack of Amy's blackbean Burritos however I'm already visioning it being crazy!
Closed Thread