Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:18 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 12/16/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone....

WI today....fingers crossed I leave the 220's, but if not it will be next week and my Christmas present to myself

Dinner out again last night at one of our usual local places. Has salad with grilled chicken. Garlic bread sat in front of me the whole night......wasn't even tempted! Check that off my list. Cookie exchange on Friday. Will be easy for me not to eat there. It's mostly as stand up walk around and socialize kind of thing. I'll keep myself far away from the food....

Christmas Eve & Day are at my house so easy breezy for me to plan and execute. Neighborhood New Years Eve party will be starting at 8 pm so dinner will be home....I'll bring a snack for around 10pm then I'm good for the night. Lol....see have the rest of the year planned out! No veering off course. Want to be at goal or lower at my 1 year anniversary of IP July 1. Eye on the prize!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

WTG Sue! You are just rocking this diet and will be out of the 220's before you know it.

Had 2 wks of great WI of 3.4 & 4.8. Enjoying them and trying to hold onto this good feeling for the lower loss weeks. Finally officially out of the 200's as my scale at WI read 195.2. Wahoo!! This also moves me from the obese to overweight category. my next big milestone is weighing less than my DH...hoping to reach that by Valentines Day.

Had 2 holidays parties this weekend and was exciting to stay 100% OP. I was worried that I would feel deprived but one party actually had several OP foods and the other party I brought roasted veggies and just snacked on those.

Sparkling water is my new Best friend at parties. Makes me feel like I'm holding a mixed drink and if you put it in a glass with ice and a lime, people just assume you have alcohol which helps reduce those "why aren't you drinking" conversations. DH is loving his new designated driver as he is usually the sober one at parties.

Hope everyone is having a great OP week!
Old 12-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #4  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Staying focus this week. I am at the point where I am not even temped for lot of food. I guess if you set your mind and heart on something the journey becomes lot easier.

Last edited by rsach312; 12-16-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: wrong wording
Old 12-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #5  

Had WI yesterday and dropped 3 lbs for a total of 21 in 5 weeks. I only have 9 more to go before I am at my goal. I am trying so hard to drop these 9 lbs quickly since the holidays make eating hard. I'm hoping that when I do hot yoga on sunday that it will help me drop a few extra pounds.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Been an absolute roller coaster of emotions the last two weeks, thank goodness for successes with IP! WI this morning and was expecting a lb after a big loss last week, it was a 3lb surprise!!!! So close to 40lbs in just 10 wks!!! People are really starting to take notice and it's keeping my spirits up despite the personal heartache right now!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynE30 View Post
Had WI yesterday and dropped 3 lbs for a total of 21 in 5 weeks. I only have 9 more to go before I am at my goal. I am trying so hard to drop these 9 lbs quickly since the holidays make eating hard. I'm hoping that when I do hot yoga on sunday that it will help me drop a few extra pounds.
Congrats on being so close to goal!

RE: exercise....remember that on Phase 1, exercise will NOT generally speed up the process or improve your losses. You actually have high potential of overtaxing your body and slowing weight loss down. If you decide to exercise, ALWAYS make sure to have an extra unrestricted - it's a good idea to have one packet before you work out, and then have a shake or something similar within an hour after working out to aid in muscle recovery.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #8  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all -

Excited to add to the great weigh-ins this morning. I'm down 4.6 for a total of 106lbs! I officially moved my goal from 180 to 170 (aka changed my profile and signature).

My coach will have me diet down to 165, planning for a 5lb weight gain. He said it was up to me if I wanted to go to P2 when I hit goal and lose the 5lbs that way or stay on P1. I have some time, so I'm thinking about it. I'm leaning to moving to P2. Most of you lost on P2 as well and I'm concerned if I go too far below 165 some eating disorder tendencies might come back.

Thoughts and Experiences welcome!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #9  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Default Zucchini Chips?

Has anyone tried to make zucchini chips in the oven? I've seen a few different recipes, all with the same ingredients (slices, oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper) but with different temps and times. One says 450 deg for 16 min (flipping once), another says 225 deg for 60+ min.

Have you had success with either method? Looking for nice, crispy zucchini chips when they're finished. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Great weigh-ins today y'all!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
WTG Sue! You are just rocking this diet and will be out of the 220's before you know it.

Had 2 wks of great WI of 3.4 & 4.8. Enjoying them and trying to hold onto this good feeling for the lower loss weeks. Finally officially out of the 200's as my scale at WI read 195.2. Wahoo!! This also moves me from the obese to overweight category. my next big milestone is weighing less than my DH...hoping to reach that by Valentines Day.

Had 2 holidays parties this weekend and was exciting to stay 100% OP. I was worried that I would feel deprived but one party actually had several OP foods and the other party I brought roasted veggies and just snacked on those.

Sparkling water is my new Best friend at parties. Makes me feel like I'm holding a mixed drink and if you put it in a glass with ice and a lime, people just assume you have alcohol which helps reduce those "why aren't you drinking" conversations. DH is loving his new designated driver as he is usually the sober one at parties.

Hope everyone is having a great OP week!
Welcome to Onederland! It's wonderful isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynE30 View Post
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStr13 View Post
Been an absolute roller coaster of emotions the last two weeks, thank goodness for successes with IP! WI this morning and was expecting a lb after a big loss last week, it was a 3lb surprise!!!! So close to 40lbs in just 10 wks!!! People are really starting to take notice and it's keeping my spirits up despite the personal heartache right now!
Congrats! That's an average of 4lbs a week. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all -

Excited to add to the great weigh-ins this morning. I'm down 4.6 for a total of 106lbs! I officially moved my goal from 180 to 170 (aka changed my profile and signature).

My coach will have me diet down to 165, planning for a 5lb weight gain. He said it was up to me if I wanted to go to P2 when I hit goal and lose the 5lbs that way or stay on P1. I have some time, so I'm thinking about it. I'm leaning to moving to P2. Most of you lost on P2 as well and I'm concerned if I go too far below 165 some eating disorder tendencies might come back.

Hooray! Keep in mind that these are just numbers on the scale. If you don't reach them, re-evaluate how you feel and look and then make the phase off decision. I had my heart set on reaching 136 before I phased off. But, between hair loss and diet fatigue I decided to phase off starting 12/1 at 143 lbs. In the two weeks of P2 I dropped almost 3 lbs. I started P3 yesterday. For me it's more about how I feel physically and how my clothes fit. Even if I gain back the 3-5 for glycogen stores in P3 I'm ok with that. It won't be fat and I think once I start my exercise routine of walking, strength training (body weight and kettlebells) along with bike riding in the spring, things will even out even more. I think the idea of being DONE by 12/31/14 gave me a concrete goal and a mental boost more than what the number on the scale was going to be.

Today was a much better P3 breakfast day than yesterday. I did granola, yogurt, blueberries and an hard boiled egg. Stomach did not hurt from fullness like yesterday and I was actually hungry and ready to eat lunch at noon. Every day is a learning experience on this diet!

Last edited by catlady1981; 12-16-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all -

That is a huge accomplishment!!

Last edited by Kellyc14; 12-16-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 168/162/135

Height: 5"2'

Had to stay up all night studying for finals with my friend and was really worried about staying OP. But I got some Applebee's and brought it into the study room with me and did not let my friend's snacks tempt me (or their chai latte) Got on scale this morning and was glad this week hasn't led to me gaining anything I'm only about 3 pounds from not being overweight anymore and I can't even remember how long ago that last happened!
Old 12-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #14  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Congratulations on all the great WI and progress!!!!

I've gone to 3 parties in the last week, and have six events between now and Christmas---still staying on plan!

Stay strong and OP everyone!!!!!
Closed Thread