South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:15 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat, Dec 16

Good morning!

I don't have a great title today, either, but I better start the thread or I won't be checking in this morning. I am up and going the coffee is making and the dogs have been out. I got home late last night in my sis decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to head over the hill today. So I need to be to work at 5:30 this morning will get off around 2 head to Denver to pick her up and then I need to be packed and ready to go.

I will make time for coffee.

What's going on in your neck of the woods today? Stop and say hi.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie, always make time for coffee! Hope your day goes well.

I've had better nights of sleep, but what's new in that?! Coffee is ready and time to nudge the kids awake. I gotta say, it's been easy getting used to lounging around and taking a nap whenever I want, what a bad habit! I am starting to go a bit nuts though, and I still have 3-5 weeks to go!

Last night, a parent brought us taco soup for dinner, it was delicious! Mine is made with chicken, hers was with beef. I'll definitely have to ask her for the recipe. Another mom last week brought roasted cauliflower, which no one eats but me (and I can't eat food like that yet), so I cooked it down into a soup for lunches. Lots of yummy options!

Hope everyone's day goes well!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Tammy! Glad to hear you're sleeping better! That is a good sign. Take care today!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! Yes, Debbie, I need coffee to kick my day in gear and it's a priority to make time for it. Your day sounds pretty busy, and I'm glad your sister seems to be handling her chemo pretty well.

The house was fairly bursting yesterday with the construction crew putting the finishing touches on the kitchen project, plus a crew putting in the new sound system, but they should all be gone today and I should have a pretty calm and quiet day. Cindy will be off Fox Hunting if it doesn't rain, and I have to pick up the girls from school for music lessons this afternoon. If I have enough energy when I get home, I'm going to have the grandkids help make and decorate sugar cookies, but I'm not going to say anything this morning or they'll be holding me to it.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! How are you coming along? I'm glad to hear you are taking naps throughout the day!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glad to hear you are napping too, Tammy. My friend, Dear Doctor Bob, says your body heals best when you are asleep so nap away.

Debbie, I am always so pleased to see a started Daily as I sip my first coffee. You are so busy as usual and must be even more so now that you are caring for your sister.

Linda, I can relate to your relief at seeing the end of the chaos. I hope the fox hunt goes on this afternoon so you have one less person in the house as you work. Give those Girlies a Merry Christmas hug from me.

Busy day yesterday with my Cousin Lisa here in the morning with Angus, her 9 week old Springer puppy. He is just adorable and handled playing with the other dogs very well. Lisa and I swapped family stories and have decided we need to write them all down and create The Sheridan Sagas. Probably is a good idea. She's actually a my cousin's daughter and very interested in our history. Sounds like I have another project.

I did head to town in the afternoon and got some more shopping done plus a visit to Bulk Barn since I got a specific hint for my Cranberry Crunch from Heather the other night! Got home late but managed to cook a chicken for dinner to semi-assuage my craving for turkey.

Just as I was finishing my dinner, a group of about 20 children showed up at my door and sang "Silent Night" - just lovely and brought tears to my eyes. They were not collecting $$, just doing it. One wee one said, "Missus Ruth, how many doggie DO you have?"

Today's an at home day unless Barb and I go out for lunch.

Slowly, slowly my house is coming together although there is still a mountain of wrapping stuff on the diningroom table. Life is good.

Planning for a tranquil Tuesday and wishing you the same.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage, coming along just fine, thanks! Hope your day is a calm one.

Ruth, that is SO STINKIN SWEET!!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ended up getting a new computer and am in the process of still getting everything set up to work. Handles different so will take me a few days to get used to.

I didn't take today off because they want me in early for go live tomorrow and my boss had me make one of my supervisors take the midnight run for me. So I gave him off today since he is working tonight and then off tomorrow as well for him.

Debbie glad you are making time for your coffee, safe travels

Cottage you will have to post a picture of the renov if allowed to do so

Tywnn glad you are starting to feel better

Ruth that is so sweet

Okay back to getting everything up and running.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Debbie, I'm glad your sister seems to be handling her chemo pretty well.
Linda, her treatments do not include chemo right now. She's getting a Herceptin drip, a shot which suppresses hormones and a daily oral med. she feels fine and indications are that tumors are shrinking.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm still here but busy, busy. I do check on everyone's news though.
Ruth, last time I visited my parents I had the thought I should record some of the family stories for posterity.
Almost time for bed. Night!
Closed Thread