Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #1  

Arrow iP Community Weekend Chat Sat 12/13 - Sun 12/14/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #2  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Ack, on my home scale (in just my bra and undies...sorry for the tmi), I was 201 this morning! Soooo close to seeing onederland! Of course, OFFICIALLY my coaches scale registers me as 4 pounds heavier and I wear clothes there...lol...so I'm not as close officially. But still...I see the light!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #3  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on almost onederland nat! You'll be there before you know it. Such a good feeling.

Carry over from yesterday, hi kissi! Glad you are back, and so close to goal!

I can second everyone's feeling of utter craziness this week. Work has been so stressful, I am breaking out all over and have canker sores, which always show up when I'm really stressed, and I can almost feel my teeth aching from grinding them at night (need to be better about wearing my mouth guard). Have to get some work done this weekend, but I'm hoping to get my online Christmas shopping out of the way and Christmas card writing done. It's only the 13th and I feel like the holiday season is almost over.

Anyway, hope everyone has a restful and successful weekend!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #4  

nat: I sat stuck just over 200 for a couple of VERY frustrating weeks. It'll go, most probably when the stress about it goes away.

My coach had a scale that subtracted weight for my clothing. So it was like weighing nekked. I would think for the price paid, EVERY coach should have such technology.

Pishposh: Time to schedule some "down" time! A hot bath, some gentle yoga, or some quiet meditation. Or, some stretching before bed. Take care of YOU!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #5  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Ack, on my home scale (in just my bra and undies...sorry for the tmi), I was 201 this morning! Soooo close to seeing onederland! Of course, OFFICIALLY my coaches scale registers me as 4 pounds heavier and I wear clothes there...lol...so I'm not as close officially. But still...I see the light!
Oh nat1015!! That morning weigh in without a full set of clothing on the scale that you live with is very real - it's what you will have going forward when you stop seeing the IP coach, so I would not underestimate it's officialness.

And the step down from one 'ten' to the next... from 200's to the 190's, or from 180's to 170's - somehow it seems that I hang out in the heavier neighborhood way too long before finally dropping into the lower 'ten.' Anticipation can be excruciating!!! But the joy of finally making the drop is heavenly - savor it each time it happens!

I am hanging in the 180's at the moment.. just dropped into them a few days ago... and the 170's is a weight I have not been near for 30 years..... I hope to get there in January - what a way to start the new year!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Nat - that is awesome I agree Oneuh2, the home scale counts. I WI with coach bra and under wear, I figure she has seen it all and I could never stand to see the added lbs with the clothes.

Oneuh2 - you are doing so great. You'll be in the 170's in no time.

Lisa- I agree for the price every coach should have the scale that takes of the weight of the clothes.

Pishposh - hope things slow down for you soon and you can enjoy the holidays.

I think this is the first time ever I have been ready for Christmas early. I feel like with each weekend ending I'm one step closure to avoiding getting derailed.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/162/135

Height: 5"2'

Getting ready to go through finals next week so keeping up with IP has been a bit difficult...I've also kind of noticed now that I'm a bit stressed out that I have been wanting to eat before I'm hungry and having to tell myself "no, you're not hungry, you're just (bored)(tired)(not wanting to look through your notes again)."

But also really happy that I've noticed this and put a stop to it and hopefully can change this attitude even once I'm off IP
Old 12-14-2014, 06:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/225/140

Height: 5"4'

I have the same feeling Ashayne. I try and do something else. I think I may have the cleanest closets in the whole world.

Last edited by Snickbean; 12-14-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: forgot bar thingy
Old 12-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone.

Hectic weekend here for me. Carpets in 2 bedrooms and stair rinner to be installed yesterday....emptied all the rooms of stuff, all the closets, and then they were late. Didn't even start till 4pm. DS had a 8:15 hockey game, so we slept in empty bedrooms with just mattress on he floor lol...and today DS has a 9:15 hockey game so the rooms won't be back together any time soon. Lol. Should have planned better could not find my packed socks! Lol.

Tonight is my office holiday party. I know what will be served and it is nothing that I can eat. We have the same food every year at this place. My plan is to add 4 oz of protine to a later lunch, then have my snack around 4. Party is at 5 and I know they will have veggies so I will eat that. I will have the other 4 oz of protine when I get home. I'll also pack a snack in my bag just in case....plan in place.

LOL on how we WI. With my coach I am clothed and I have to wear shoes on her scale! I have weighed a few pair and always wear my lightest even though I am a boot freak, I never wear them there! But I have figured out what my home scale is first thing in the am, usually is what the clinic scale is with clothes on. So they must adjust for that.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

I was at a kids birthday party yesterday and did not eat at all given the choices. Then we went to a holiday light show last night which was just amazing. I was able to easily avoid hot chocolate and s'mores. Then we went to dinner and I was good but had to do some small cheats (balsamic vinegar for the salad, and probably butter on the green beans and broccoli, and too much salt on the steak). Everyone was very complimentary of my progress so far but goaded me to have just one beer or wine. I resisted! Once again, I find the hardest thing to deal with is the alcohol. I think people get that you can't have cake but not so much the alcohol.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #11  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

My first NSV! Made Christmas cookies with the kids yesterday and didn't sample any. That's a first for me and gives me hope that I *can* do this!!

WI tomorrow morning, hope I have another victory to report!
Old 12-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody!

Busy weekend this weekend, my son had 2 hockey games (he's a goalie) so keeping track of his equipment and getting him where he needed to be along with trying to get some holiday stuff done has been fun, lol! He asked for pizza after his game last night so picked it up on the way home and boy, did it smell good. I was slightly tempted but didn't have any and "rewarded" myself with a turkey and ham (double meat) chopped salad from Subway with homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing

We have nothing on today so I'm going to take it easy, meal plan for the week, try to clean the house a bit and make a final list of things I need to do before Christmas.

Have a great day!
Jo
Old 12-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Sounds like all of you are conquering the challenges of Phase 1 during the holidays!

It is hard. People will push both food and drinks. My best strategy was to plan ahead. I always arrived with a extra large coffee in my hand to parties. Everyone knew I was eating healthy and the coffee allowed the host and I, to skip the alcohol/drink awkwardness. I would just hold up the coffee when asked about a drink.

I also brought my own food, this was not popular at first. My family did not respond well to my straying from their gourmet world. But after consistently sticking to my plan, I turned them into my strongest supporters.

The holidays on IP are tough, but the years of being overweight and worrying about what to wear were tougher. Holidays filled with worry about being the heaviest person at the party were worse.

This is a long winded way to say, be proud of yourself. You are in the midst of changing your physical and emotional health. This change is worth every skipped cookie, glass of wine, eggnog and s'more.

Stay strong! January will be here before you know it

Last edited by Slipfree; 12-14-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/162/135

Height: 5"2'

ladelineb-wow! I think that's showing a lot of willpower being able to resist cookies, especially around the holidays; I was planning on making some cookies to give to my friends for Christmas but didn't think I would be able to keep from trying some so I thought I'd better not even try to go there. I think you're definitely on the right track to staying OP.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Sounds like all of you are conquering the challenges of Phase 1 during the holidays!

It is hard. People will push both food and drinks. My best strategy was to plan ahead. I always arrived with a extra large coffee in my hand to parties. Everyone knew I was eating healthy and the coffee allowed the host and I, to skip the alcohol/drink awkwardness. I would just hold up the coffee when asked about a drink.

I also brought my own food, this was not popular at first. My family did not respond well to my straying from their gourmet world. But after consistently sticking to my plan, I turned them into my strongest supporters.

The holidays on IP are tough, but the years of being overweight and worrying about what to wear were tougher. Holidays filled with worry about being the heaviest person at the party were worse.

This is a long winded way to say, be proud of yourself. You are in the midst of changing your physical and emotional health. This change is worth every skipped cookie, glass of wine, eggnog and s'more.

Stay strong! January will be here before you know it
Slipfree - that is as important point to bring up and remind us how much more frustrating and uncomfortable it has been to be heavier, particularly at business and holiday events. It is soooo much more fun to go to these events and know that
1)you can discipline yourself to eat only IP foods and
2)you feel relaxed and happy enough with good eating that it is possible to actually ENJOY the party!

I have been there, done that and know how much fun that can be. Now I am "revisiting" the challenge of getting there again. Never give up....
Closed Thread