Old 12-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Default i thought id be less hungry on this diet

But im not. Im sticking to it pretty well. Im not sure if its just my work schedule or what? Breakfast is around noon after gym, usually eggs (various ways) and 2 pieces of bacon. Plus if i have onions/bell peppers i grill and add those.
Lunch is around 5 to 6 pm at work. I eat homemade burger patties or grilled chicken, lots of veggies (cauliflour, green beans, mushrooms, salad etc), apple.
Dinner is around midnight when i get home from work, its a lighter version of lunch usually. Im hungry when I go to bed but I am trying really hard to not eat too much at bedtime.

Any advice? Im wondering because of how physical my job is perhaps im not eating enough. Breakfast im ok, its when I get home from work that I want to inhale everything. I counted my calories to see how im doing and im between 1600 and 1750 a day which is about what I wanted to hit anyway.

Last edited by nickilaughs; 12-12-2014 at 10:34 AM.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Are you eating any snacks?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

You are eating enough. Don't get into those mindgames.

Eat before going to the gym. That should help.

You are probably going to the gym super-hungry which is not helping matters.

If you are doing cardio at the gym you might want to eat something light before it (I have a banana but if I was being low carb I would have a can of fish or a boiled egg or two) and then have a bigger breakfast afterwards. If you are just strength training then just eat your breakfast before.

You can also try eating a very large lunch and skipping dinner, going to bed as soon as you get home.

Last edited by IanG; 12-12-2014 at 04:18 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/229/150

Height: 5' 6"

Are you eating enough fat? If you cut fat too much, you will feel hungry.
nolightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #5  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Eat protien before you work out. Please eat before you exercise.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/165/165

Height: 5'9"

It took me many months, a year really to even contemplate skipping breakfast. You have to be pretty solidly fat adapted to make that work.

I never once counted calories. As long as you stick to nutrient dense natural fat foods, veggies, and good quality meats, the weight loss and hunger will take care of itself.

It will naturally go down. Especially once you become fat adapted which means your body has up-regulated it's ability to use fat as fuel. Hunger will be a thing of the past.
PrimalLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Looking at your meals I would say that you are not eating enough fats. This could be wrong though, are you adding butter to your veggies, or cooking them with it? are your burgers from a leaner cut or a fatter cut?

Idk if you are doing a keto diet or not, but if you are your macros should aim for 70% of calories coming from fats 25% coming from protein and 5% from carbs.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote