Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 12/9/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-09-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone's week's are off to a great (OP) start!

I have a challenge today that I am a little nervous about but prepared for. We are having a big pot luck at work and I know there are going to be tempting dishes. My coworker is even bringing this amazing cheese ball because I loved it so much last year! I told her that I can't eat it, but of course she will bring it anyway. I made a giant salad so will have that and my IP Jello for desert. Here's to sticking to the plan!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #3  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All:

Nasty weather outside. Freezing Rain and Windy. Looking forward having my tomatoes soup for lunch.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
Good morning ladies! Hope everyone's week's are off to a great (OP) start!

I have a challenge today that I am a little nervous about but prepared for. We are having a big pot luck at work and I know there are going to be tempting dishes. My coworker is even bringing this amazing cheese ball because I loved it so much last year! I told her that I can't eat it, but of course she will bring it anyway. I made a giant salad so will have that and my IP Jello for desert. Here's to sticking to the plan!
Sounds like you have a great plan - good for you! Remember, she'll probably bring the cheese ball next year and you can enjoy a bit then. P1 isn't forever and the food isn't going to disappear while you're getting healthy!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Had a good weigh in and talk with my coach this morning! Funniest part:

Coach: So how was your week?
Me: Rough, TOM was bad so you'll see I ate a lot of chocolate.
Coach: So you cheated?
Me: No, I didn't cheat.
Coach: You said you ate a lot of CHOCOLATE!!
Me: No I meant IP chocolate.

Then we both just cracked up. I told her yes, I was secretly eating chocolate and not writing it down.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

^^^ Love that, JJTx! The IP chocolate drink (and the Vanilla also, even with the crud at the bottom…) do seem indulgent to me too! So glad they're not restricted. Hope there is nothing wrong with having them almost every single day!

Teags -- this is what I did at Thanksgiving: As you're surveying the potluck buffet, imagine that you have Google Glasses on and they're telling you just how many calories and carbs every food item has. (Maybe actually google the number of calories in a cheese ball before your lunch.) There was no way I was going to eat any of those yams with marshmallows or gravy with loads of fat and butter after picturing those astronomical numbers! Good luck!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh - having a bit of a Murphy's Law day today! Hubby was late getting out of bed so the morning routines got a bit rushed (usually I start the kids' morning stuff and he gets up and finishes so I can get ready for work), spilled my coffee in my car, and TOM showed up. Good news is that TOM showed up, my scale was up a little this morning and I was trying to figure out what was going on, but that explains it

Also hit a major milestone for the month - ALL MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IS DONE!!! WOO HOO!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Restarting

Hi folks! I'm back...I lost 30 lbs last year doing IP and then I started eating real food and I've gained back over 20 lbs. I feel like crap and I hate the way I look.

My DH and I have a trip to Vegas planned for March and I figure that is a good motivator to get me started again. I'm not looking forward to this but I know it works better for me than any other plan so I'm going to tough it out for the next three months and see where I can get by the time we go on our trip.

I'm sure once I see the weight start falling off, I will be more enthusiastic but for the time being I'm gonna hang out and catch up on this forum in hopes of boosting my enthusiasm.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I hit a milestone today, down 75lbs.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hi folks! I'm back...I lost 30 lbs last year doing IP and then I started eating real food and I've gained back over 20 lbs. I feel like crap and I hate the way I look.

My DH and I have a trip to Vegas planned for March and I figure that is a good motivator to get me started again. I'm not looking forward to this but I know it works better for me than any other plan so I'm going to tough it out for the next three months and see where I can get by the time we go on our trip.

I'm sure once I see the weight start falling off, I will be more enthusiastic but for the time being I'm gonna hang out and catch up on this forum in hopes of boosting my enthusiasm.
Good Luck! I will be in Vegas in March too for work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Ugh - having a bit of a Murphy's Law day today! Hubby was late getting out of bed so the morning routines got a bit rushed (usually I start the kids' morning stuff and he gets up and finishes so I can get ready for work), spilled my coffee in my car, and TOM showed up. Good news is that TOM showed up, my scale was up a little this morning and I was trying to figure out what was going on, but that explains it

Also hit a major milestone for the month - ALL MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IS DONE!!! WOO HOO!
Mine is done too! Sorry about your morning

WI today and I was down 2.5. Woo Hoo!!!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #11  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Wow, Kelly! That's so inspiring, thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Woo hoo!!!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello!

I am back on IP. The last time I logged on was November 6, 2012...exactly 1 week after I hit my IP goal weight and exactly 1 week after I learned I was pregnant!

In fact...I see my old ticker is at the bottom of the page! Haha, better update that!

So here I am again...my son is 18 months and I have slacked in the baby weight shedding department. I rejoined IP 1 week ago.

Nice to see you all!
Old 12-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #14  

Hey Kelly Congrats! I joined this site yesterday and found your post from mid-September about high stomach pains. You mentioned you were going to the doc that week but I haven't found any update on it from you - I have had the same problem for about a month now - thought a course of nexium cured it but it came back.

Its not every day, just seems like it happens when I overeat and there are certain foods involved - coffee, peppermint, chocolate. It has now morphed into occasional stomach upset/light nausea/sweating. Sound familiar?
Old 12-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #15  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Way to go, Kelly! That's awesome.
Closed Thread