South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Fantastic Friday on the Beach 12/5

Getting 'er started!!!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good Friday morning, Tammy!!

I only have a minute but wanted to stop in and say hello. I am excited to get work for the week out of the way so I can play this weekend. I aim to get the Christmas decorations up in between my normal weekend chores.

Got to fly! Have a great day, chicks! (and I hope Ruth and Linda are behaving...)
Old 12-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

I was wondering where everyone was, and realized Linda and Ruth are probably sleeping off their wine .

I laughed as I wrote the title of the Beach. I am not on plan, but I'm not eating a whole lot. But I just can't stay away from you chicks!

Thanks for all your support. The second opinion went great, although he said my condition is bad. Unfortunately, he can't do surgery til Monday (that darned weekend!). I went from an unknown surgeon that graduated in July, to one that is said to be the best in the area. For science nerds - I am having a C3-4-5-6 fusion. Unfortunately, I may not gain anything I have lost (and I walk like a drunken sailor!), but here's to hoping!

I am thinking I'd like to make a batch of Moroccan tangine. I need to get some antioxidants in me to help with my healing .
Old 12-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #4  

Good morning Beth! Ooohhhh, I should get the Christmas decorations up this weekend!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is another wfh day need to get reports done today and need to go renew my Military ID it expires this month.

Twynn I am glad that you found your diagnosis, I will be praying for you and for quick healing and recovery for you.

Beth hope your day goes by quickly

Jekel I hope you are okay, have you been in the thick of everything that is going on?

I am off to curl DD2 hair- she won a reward for selling a certain amount for school fundraiser and those that did are getting a limo ride to go eat a pizza and she wanted to look good for that.

Have a wonderful day
Old 12-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Tammy so happy you found a dr. that you are confidented in. Does that mean that surgery will happen next week. How long will your recovery take. Thinking of you

today is deck the halls at our place Beth.

Dh wants to go to niagara region tomorrow to pick up some wines for Christmas. So lots on the agenda today.
take care
Sophie
Old 12-05-2014, 08:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Beth hope your day flies by!!!

Tammy you should be taking it easy. Supervise DH, DD and DS putting up the decorations. Second opinions are so important. Will be sending you healing prayers. How long will you be in the hospital? Don't give work or anything else a second thought. Just get better Maybe PT will help afterwards you never know.

Going to Joe's later and staying over. We are having a very over due date night. There is a BBQ place in Catskill we want to try. I will stick to a salad option. Afterwards we will go to the movies. We have not been in ages. Hopefully something worthwhile will be playing.

Need to ship my parent's Christmas/birthday box. Will have to send my step dad's Christmas gift separately as it won't get to me for almost 2 weeks! My mom knows it might not come on time, but I am forgiven lol

Beth I am back at goal weight as of this morning. Took long enough lol. Now to get under again. I am going to a new dr next Thursday. I want to get blood work done for my thyroid and hormone levels. Everyone keeps telling me I look exhausted. Lol since I'm feeling run down lately a check up seems in order. I'm sure stress has something to do with it.

Well time to finish my coffee and hit the bike. It is so much safer riding indoors this time of year and warmer!

Shhhhh we better keep it down not to wake Ruth and Linda
Old 12-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Thanks Pearlrose I am off until Sunday. I worked just outside of NYC. We cover part of the Bronx from my reporting location. If this doesn't end soon I will probably be sent to help supervise the Bronx and Harlem sectors Oh joy!

Congrats to DD. A limo ride sounds like fun!

Sophie have fun decking the halls
Old 12-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tammy,
I'm glad you found a surgeon that you like. I'll be sending lots of good vibes to you over the weekend and on Monday. Do they have any idea what might have caused this?

My cousin arrived last night and we had a nice chat and I'm looking forward to the rest of her visit. Tonight we are going to go into the city to see the tree at Rockefeller Center (and, of course, a visit to the Lego store for DS) and then back to Brooklyn for dinner at a pub. Tomorrow we are going to tour Louis Armstrong's home in Queens. LA and his wife were very into Christmas so each year the home is decorated with all their decorations and his music is piped in as well as his readings of several Christmas tales. It's something I have wanted to do for some time and my cousin's visit seemed like a good time to do it :-).

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 12-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #10  

Happy Friday! This is the first weekend without Ultimate or Soccer - and suddenly everyone wants to start ice skating again - so much for a relaxing weekend! On the other hand, thank goodness the kids are active. On second thought, DD2 is active. DD1 is currently trying to work out a way to have a career playing video games. Hmmm.

We are hoping to get the Christmas tree this afternoon,as the forecast is for rain all day tomorrow. DH wants a fake tree. I told him he can have one in his apartment when he moves out. The girls agreed - we think that made the point.

Outdoor lights went up the other week, but one string turns out to have been faulty. Of course it worked just fine when we tested it inside, but now? Nada. I hope to get that dealt with today before the sun goes down, but it requires ladder work, and that is not always my best thing these days with the bad right foot and bad left shoulder. Perhaps I will just stay on the ground after all.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all who need them -
Be well!
Old 12-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Actually, it's raining here....very hard. We go the pool anyway! It's already been a busy morning and I'm enjoying my smoothie while I type. It took me 20 min to figure out how to connect my computer with the new iphone. Now it's time to hit the road. I've already driven in once to take DH to the weight room. It's a quick trip-only a mile.

Tammy, so glad you have found your answer. We have all been very concerned.

everyone else!

Bea, good to stay off that ladder!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #12  
sophie

So I could have sworn that it was just yesterday that I put all those Christmas decorations away. The older you get the quicker time passes by. But we are pretty excited because for the second time our family will all be together. Niagara tomorrow, a potluck on wednesday and then weather permitting going for dgs birthday. He will be 2(he's the one born on 12.12.12).
My daughter andher family live about 5 hrs drive from here and its considered the true north.
have a nice weekend chickies
take care
Sophie
now for a glass of wine, it must be 5 o'clock somewhere
Old 12-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick checkin cause I'm about to cook dinner but day 4 and down 4lbs! Definitely going to go beyond my December goal at this rate!
Closed Thread