Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 11/22 - Sun 11/23/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, everyone. Down a pound since yesterday, so I will use that as my motivator to be 100%! have a great day.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #3  

Susie
What a great start!
Old 11-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #4  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

I haven't gotten on the scale since Monday, I just ordered my food and may run out of non-restricted mid-week since I ordered it later then I should have but I will try not to stress and just try to figure it out. I know I have ready some alternatives that can be bought at stores so I'm sure I will be fine. My jeans are loose and I was told my butt was missing in my tight jeans so I really don't care what the scale say!!!!!
Old 11-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Thanks, Lisa.

Ps. I tried to Pm you but it said your inbox was full and I can't send you a message until you delete some.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #6  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Does anyone know is there a difference between the WF in the salad dressing aisle verse the WF in the cooler where the produce is? The bottle wrappers are different but thats all I noticed.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #7  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

two NSVs today: I saw some friends who I had not seen in months--who said "how much weight have you lost?!!!!?"

and I went to the value village to get interim pants, and am starting to (tightly) fit into size 6. When I started I was size 16.

A reminder to keep up my work and stay 100% OP.

Happy Saturday!
Old 11-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrcat View Post
two NSVs today: I saw some friends who I had not seen in months--who said "how much weight have you lost?!!!!?"

and I went to the value village to get interim pants, and am starting to (tightly) fit into size 6. When I started I was size 16.

A reminder to keep up my work and stay 100% OP.

Happy Saturday!
Awesome Murrcat! Keep it up
Old 11-22-2014, 07:20 PM   #9  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

I tried skimming through the tons of recipes but can't seem to find what I'm looking for ..... has anyone used the white cheddar ridges to bread chicken? I really have a taste for wing dings ....
Old 11-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #10  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Talking

Slow weekend here!

I've not been here in a week or so . . .been swamped with Girl Scout Cookie Sales Training! Yes, I'm one of those people . . .I have two girls, both in Girl Scouts --- I'm their Troop Leader and Cookie Mom. Then I'm also our Area Cookie Manager and Regional Cookie Manager for our councils new troops/new TCMs! Crazy time of the year -- next 6 months will be cookie filled --- but I love it!

So I had a nice "whoosh" this morning! Last week, I didn't lose a single oz and the scale hadn't been moving all week again this week. Last night we went to the movies and I bet I had to get up to pee 5 times within 2 hours! This morning, got on the scale and was down 7.4 lbs!

Not believing it, I went and checked the batteries in the darn scale and weighed AGAIN!

So nice to be in the 180's!

Last edited by Pinky2012; 11-22-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

ONE-DER-LAND! It happened, I saw Onderland on my scale this morning! Fears of sharing my original weight with my DH went out the window as I ran out of my bathroom this morning nekid with Rocky hands in the air shouting 199...199. He was super excited for me. I can't believe it!

Of course WI at my clinic is always a good 3-4lbs heavier but I saw that blessed 1 at the front of my weight. I can be patient. It will come!
Old 11-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
ONE-DER-LAND! It happened, I saw Onderland on my scale this morning! Fears of sharing my original weight with my DH went out the window as I ran out of my bathroom this morning nekid with Rocky hands in the air shouting 199...199. He was super excited for me. I can't believe it!

Of course WI at my clinic is always a good 3-4lbs heavier but I saw that blessed 1 at the front of my weight. I can be patient. It will come!
Yay that's awesome !!!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #13  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Quote:

Congratulations on reaching onderland AND on sharing your excitement with your husband. Isn't it odd how we won't speak our numbers to anyone we know....as if they couldn't tell we were overweight !! Yet, we are so comfortable sharing the intimate details of our journey with strangers here....of course not strangers any more.....more like comrades!!
Old 11-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #14  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Quote:

Congratulations on reaching onderland AND on sharing your excitement with your husband. Isn't it odd how we won't speak our numbers to anyone we know....as if they couldn't tell we were overweight !! Yet, we are so comfortable sharing the intimate details of our journey with strangers here....of course not strangers any more.....more like comrades!!
Old 11-22-2014, 10:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
Slow weekend here!

I've not been here in a week or so . . .been swamped with Girl Scout Cookie Sales Training! Yes, I'm one of those people . . .I have two girls, both in Girl Scouts --- I'm their Troop Leader and Cookie Mom. Then I'm also our Area Cookie Manager and Regional Cookie Manager for our councils new troops/new TCMs! Crazy time of the year -- next 6 months will be cookie filled --- but I love it!

So I had a nice "whoosh" this morning! Last week, I didn't lose a single oz and the scale hadn't been moving all week again this week. Last night we went to the movies and I bet I had to get up to pee 5 times within 2 hours! This morning, got on the scale and was down 7.4 lbs!

Not believing it, I went and checked the batteries in the darn scale and weighed AGAIN!

So nice to be in the 180's!
Awesome, great job!

Quote:

That's fantastic!!
Closed Thread