Old 11-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/230/210

Height: 6'1

Default rapid weight loss

Been a long time since Ive posted.

Experiencing something odd, and was hoping for some comments. Some background first though

male 50y/o always in shape until 6yrs ago, where I gained over 100lbs.
recent full physical- good health. At this time I am down over 50lbs. Cardio (running or treadmill) 5 days a week. Not Atkins but a atkins style diet.

Now the odd thing. I track my weight daily. Im noticing I am losing almost a pound a day, this will continue for 5 to 7 days. Then stops for 4 days. Then starts again, repeating the same pattern. Anyone else experience anything like this? Is this normal or healthy, or maybe just my metabolism remembering how it used to be? Thanks for any comments.
Snickerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #2  

answered my own question.. Just came back to the doctor. In essence she said its the body trying to figure out what it needs for energy and what it needs to store for later use. As long as my caloric intake doesnt change it will eventually level out.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #3  
One Old Jedi

S/C/G: 306/208/195

Height: 6'0"

Hi Snick,

Agree with the doc. I have lost and gained a lot of weight since college.
This recent woe and exercise trend, at 53 years old entails running and bike.

I have hit what I call a couple of plateaus, where losing slows down and stops. That is the body trying to hold on...

Then I have hit a level where I eased the woe and slowed down on exercise and kept right on losing weight..

I have found it most helpful to only record my weight once a week (Friday, for me)
I might step on the scale once and a while but only "Take the Score" on Friday right after I get up in the am.
this keeps it consistent, get up, go potty, hit the scale. lol

One Old Jedi

Last edited by PSP Orange; 11-20-2014 at 09:51 AM.
PSP Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #4  
On the Path

S/C/G: 282/256/182

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP Orange View Post
Hi Snick,

Agree with the doc. I have lost and gained a lot of weight since college.
This recent woe and exercise trend, at 53 years old entails running and bike.

I have hit what I call a couple of plateaus, where losing slows down and stops. That is the body trying to hold on...

Then I have hit a level where I eased the woe and slowed down on exercise and kept right on losing weight..

I have found it most helpful to only record my weight once a week (Friday, for me)
I might step on the scale once and a while but only "Take the Score" on Friday right after I get up in the am.
this keeps it consistent, get up, go potty, hit the scale. lol

One Old Jedi
I admire your success thus far, do you mind sharing what time frame it has taken you to this point. Your getting close, Also what type of diet. I am WW and doing fine at 1+ lbs. / week, but just curious.
RIDETOEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Question Are you just now starting to date again?

You must be engaging in a new activity that you weren't doing before this type of 1 Lb a day weight loss. Log your eating daily along with intake of liquids and all physical activity, even sexual activity. Then look over everything and see if you notice any pattern for the week.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:38 PM   #6  

So, yeah been a while... Im doing cardio or weight lifting 5x a week. Also just watching calories in vs calories out through exercise. Using my fitness pal app which has done wonders.

Ive gone from a 42 waist jean to a 34. 30lbs to go.