Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/191/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Getting Back To It, Need Ideas!

Hello everyone! I haven't checked in for what seems like a million years. However, I need some ideas to help Kickstart my weight loss again.

I started my weight loss journey about 9 months ago. I started at 212.something and got down to 192 in a few months. All I did was stop drinking soda and try to limit my calories to 1600 a day as suggested to me personally. I eat pretty healthy anyway, so it wasn't too hard.

Anyway, my husband and I took a cruise in the middle of June and I ate what ever I wanted since I was paying a fortune for it, which wasn't too crazy. When I got home a week later I weighed 193. I was thrilled that I only gained 1 pound!

Since then I have only tried to maintain my weight. I still eat very healthy, but I allow myself a treat every now and then, such as a sprite when I feel sick, a scoop of icecream, or some extra pasta. It's been 5 months since my cruise and I have weighed 193 the entire time.

Now I want to try and Jumpstart my weight loss again and lose another 20 pounds. Any suggestions? I've gone back to a pretty strick caloric goal, I work out since I'm a coach, and I get plenty of sleep. Any thing you all could suggest for me?
LovelyDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Since it sounds like you do moderation very well (good for you!), you could just slightly lower your current calorie target to begin losing again, when you reach your next plateau do the same thing!

Perhaps that is what you've done since you say you've "gone back to a pretty strict calorie goal" -- if so I suggest patience, the weight will come off!

Edited later to add: I feel like what I said isn't all that helpful, since you are looking for "ideas". But you already exercise, get enough sleep. I don't know what you eat, but you sound like you are managing your calories... so I'm not sure what to suggest! You really sound like you are doing just fine!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-07-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote