UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #1  
MrsBridger32

S/C/G: 15 stone 2 lbs

Height: 5 6

Default Has anyone had success with Body Butters, Oils or Serums?

Hello all I am new to the forum!

I have already lost 5 stone before and put it back on after having my 2 kids and getting married and I am just starting my journey again.

I just wondered if any of you have used skincare products to help reduce saggy skin as you slim?

I have been looking into bio-oil and epochas, and palmers but want to know if anyone has used them with success?

I'd love to hear your thoughts?

Much love x

tillybridger82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Welcome!

I don't know about those creams, but I'm mostly convinced about vitamin E oil (which I have only used for scars, not for saggy skin or stretch marks). Problem is it's really sticky and gross so... it's not fun to put on. Definitely a put-on-right-before-bed kinda thing.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I don't think that there is a product out there to reduce saggy skin. However, I do use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil in the AM after a shower and then again before going to bed. I find it as I age (turning 48 next week) that my skin is dryer and dryer and this seems to help. Palmer's oil leaves my skin super soft. It feels wet when it goes on but as you rub it in, it dries quickly and doesn't leave your skin feeling oily. On another note, I've read that Gelatin increases collagen production and is good for the skin.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:42 AM   #4  
MrsBridger32

S/C/G: 15 stone 2 lbs

Height: 5 6

Hi all.

I''ve ordered some Epochas Serum to try last night, it's a new product but it is supposed to sink in really well so I'll let you know if it has some effect and it comes with a cream for day time, so hopefully double attack!

I tried palmers body butters but not oil so I will try that next definitely if Epochas doesn't work. I just want to feel like I'm doing something to improve the skintone at least as I slim down. I want to start back at swimming as this is how I lost the weight originally, but I have swimsuit phobia at the mo!

Are any of you considering trying to get NHS surgery when you reach your goal weight? I can't see there being enough toning exercises in the world to tone my bingo wings once I've shifted the weight!

Thanks for coming back to me x
tillybridger82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #5  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

I have an aloe vera skin wrap treatment set and I am not using it right now because I am pregnant but it has worked well for me and they also help you to tone up in your difficult areas. My only issue is my stomach as it has never been toned and I will sit and watch tv with a wrap on for an hour and I can measure myself afterwards and because it pulls you in and tones you after an hour I will have lost 2cm from my stomach.

Also good if you are going on a night out as an alternative to spandax
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #6  

Talking

Ive been using those skinny wrap things to help with the skin sagging issues not sure if they help with losing weight (im going with my diet was the thing to help with weight loss since it makes me feel better hehehe) but its helped tighten my skin a decent amount.
Rebeccalowes is offline   Reply With Quote