South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 04:57 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wacky Wednesday, SBD Chat, Nov 5

Good Morning

I went to bed early so I'd be ready to get up and get things done! It's my sister's BD, and she flies into Denver early this morning. We have a full day of events before traveling over the hill early tomorrow. Today I'm putting my chores in priority of least favorite first....it often assures that I get everything done not leaving the "procrastinated" stuff for later. I bought a beautiful farm raised turkey the other day and have already managed to cut it in half so we will have 2 celebrations covered. (PS I'm not so excited about turkey these days)

I thought I'd stop and say hi before things got too involved around here. Besides, it is definitely time for more coffee!

What's everyone up to today?? Stop and say Hi!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting up up, Debbie, AND for the coffee. For some reason, it's really needed today.

Ended up NOT going to the city yesterday but did pick up my Sears order in the next town. Then I dropped off a cheque to Katherine for groceries she had bought for the Mill's Harvest Breakfast. I ended up having coffee and chat with her for TWO hours. Very relaxing and I should do things like that more often. Came home to find that my yard guy had been here and raked all the leaves and cut down all the ugly fake bamboo. The dog yard looks much bigger!

Today will be the usual Hump Day morning at home with pet therapy and some banking this afternoon. I get to do pet therapy again tomorrow when we visit a pre-kindergarten class who are doing a unit on "community helpers"! Jazz will be on his best behaviour, of course. On the way home (45 minute drive) I will pop into the fabric store for some fabric for quilt binding. It's a good thing I waited because I discovered last night that the colour I need is a very dark brown, not black!

It's starting to get light out there right now. I wonder what the day will bring, aside from pet therapy and banking, of course.

Raising another mug of coffee in a toast to a "slope" day rather than a hump.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
Just another hump day around here. Wednesdays are my craziest day because I have to leave early to pick up my son, take him to an appt. with his therapist, then kill 45 minutes before my class starts, and then I don't get home until 9:15 or so and it's hard to get to bed at my usual 10. I'm always grateful when Thursday rolls around. I do have my contemplative prayer group on Wednesday lunch though, so that's a nice break.

Yesterday I went through ALL my son's clothes and threw out everything that was stained and put aside the clothes he has outgrown to donate. I think a problem is he never has enough pants but has way too many shirts and other things like pjs and bathing suits. It takes courage to donate perfectly good clothes that still fit because you have too many, but I think it encourages him to be messy. Let's see how it goes - but today, his closet and drawers look so nice and neat.

Hope everyone has a great day today! I'm off and on plan, and probably will be for the rest of the month. We have a vacay to Las Vegas planned for Thanksgiving week and I'm so excited!!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, that's a great way to avoid the Chinese buffet, just don't go to town!

Debbie, enjoy your time with your sister!

Ugh, I slept awful last night! DS woke us up at 1 am, I didn't fall asleep until after 4. I did some good research though . Thanks for asking ladies - I don't think I ever got into what was going on - I'm getting (what I think is) rapidly progressing muscle weakness. It is difficult to do anything above low activity, so even going up stairs is a chore. Monday at work was quite difficult and frustrating, and yesterday not so bad. My research (doctors hate Dr. Google) did say that it's possible the cat scratch I got almost 6 months ago (and is still painful) *could* be the culprit, so I'll bring it up to him. He's a great doctor, I do trust his opinion.

Today I'm off for the morning to go to a meeting (I'm introduced as the new managing DVM to a second clinic), then the doc, then the rest of my shift. This week has been insanely busy, I am looking forward to the slow down!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

No nap yesterday; I ended up working. I'm scheduled for this afternoon as well.

Will try to upload a couple of photos from aerial yoga on my spa trip. It was soooooooo much fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg karen flying.jpg (38.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg karen upside down.jpg (20.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie and Ruth. I have my coffee in hand and am ready to join you.

Debbie, I hope you and your sister enjoy celebrating her birthday before she starts treatment again. Your turkey talk reminds me that I have a certificate from the grocery store for a free one that I have to pick up.

Ruth, hooray for the lawn guys getting all that work done, and especially cutting down that bamboo! Have yourself a great day and a gentle slide down the slope.

Beth, the girls had off yesterday for election day. One of the schools in their district is a polling place, so all the schools close for the day.

I'm not sure what today will bring. I was supposed to run an errand to a town 2 hours away to exchange some refrigerator panels, but now that's scheduled for tomorrow, instead, and I get to drive the company car, rather than using my own. Of course, there'll be the usual keeping up with the dust and debris, and keeping the dogs out of the construction area, but I'm all caught up on everything else. We're hoping this reno will be finished by Thanksgiving, with any luck.

Well, I'm ready for another cup of coffee and some breakfast. I'm thinking oatmeal with apple butter in it this morning.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, still need to catch up on yesterday's posts.

Debbie hope you and your sister have a great day.

Ruth relaxing time with a friend is the best

Matilda's hope your crazy busy day goes smoothly

Tammy hope you get answers at the dr

Today is my new Saturday, my days off are now completely opposite. Going to Joe's promised his DS I would help get his room organized. He too has way too. ugh clothes. He gave me free range to get it in shape. I promised I would not get rid of anything without his permission. Got Joe to agree not to interfere with his DS's decisions about what goes. This project is way overdue lol

My new role at work is mostly administrative. Once I settle in I will make time to get out and get my walks in. Luckily I will be staying in the same place next year too so I don't need to pack up and move to a different reporting location. Believe me you accumulate a lot of stuff. This week I plan on going through my stuff and leaving a "free to anyone who wants it" box in the locker room.

Ok time for coffee sipping and belly rubs
Old 11-05-2014, 07:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Karen your pics look great!!!!! That does look like fun!!! I've never seen a pic of you, so if that is you, you look fantastic!!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got my Zumba in and the scale also moved down again so I am happy camper this morning. Work is crazy with back to back meetings.

Debbie I confess I have never been a big fan of Turkey but am trying to eat more

Ruth that is great to come home to your yard work being done!

Matilda that does sound like a crazy busy day! Onplan this weekend is to do the same to DD2 drawers and closet

Tywnn I always research when something is going as well

Jekel enjoy your day off

Okay off to the start of my meetings. Have a great day everyone

Karen great picture and that looks like a ton of fun

Cottage enjoy your day today
Old 11-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everybody- did you see me wave at the computer this morning? I seem to be having a harder and harder time getting ready in the morning- maybe it's the time change or impending winter. Anyway, I'm going to embrace my role as last chick to check in most days.

Work was same old, same old but that is okay with me. Sometimes NO surprise is the best surprise. At least I got my walk in today afterwards.

Sounds like everyone had a busy day planned. Catch you later chicks!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Another busy day here. I've been spending way too much time on the computer/phone and my back is cranky. Time for some Wii dancing to work to kinks out.

Karen - that looks like fun!
Closed Thread