Old 11-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Smile November MRC 2014

Tis the season to be jolly and temptations everywhere for the holidays!
Family, friends and work events and all seem to involve food and cocktails!
Please share any suggestions, articles, recipes and most important motivational tips!
Good luck everyone and here's to a healthy clean eating month.
Just think of how good you are going to feel and look in those new Holiday clothes!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #2  

I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained. I am 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing everyone a great weight loss week...

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #3  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

BigDog: thanks for the motivation!

patzi: you are an inspiration!

Went in yesterday to the center and finally down another pound after a stall. Signed the 10lb board and I'm down 13.5" since 10/20. This morning I'm down some more. Hurrah!
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
BigDog: thanks for the motivation!

patzi: you are an inspiration!

Went in yesterday to the center and finally down another pound after a stall. Signed the 10lb board and I'm down 13.5" since 10/20. This morning I'm down some more. Hurrah!

CelticHarpie....
COngrats on your weight loss and down 13.5 that is fantastic.. Be proud of yourself, you are doing great.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 11-06-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #5  

I took my breakfast with me this morning, as I was participating at a show and I know they always have coffee, which I will drink, but always donuts, which I will not eat.. This is what I brought

Recipe...

1 package of Wilberry HNS.. MRC use to have Wildberry Passion , maybe it was the powder, but I did not have that

1 vanilla pudding packet.. This is your one creamy

strawberries, blueberries, blackberries

Super Fruit and Veggie ( this is optional) I do not use this.

1 can of LeCroix Coconut Wate.

Was very filling, and sweet to offset those delicious looking donuts..

I put this in a shaker container, with the metal round ball in it and shook it a few times while there...

Enjoy.
Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 11-06-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #6  

Hello ladies-I lurk here now and again and have been considering returning to MRC. After losing around 40 lbs and keeping it off for about a year, I started gaining back. Slowly at first and then BAM! What happened? It seriously started with some dipped pretzels. We were in the process of doing some quick renovations to a house we were buying then moving in...in a moment of weakness I bought a bag of dipped pretzels and when I didn't see an immediate gain it opened the floodgate to trying lots and lots of foods. The weight gain didn't happen immediately, but when it did...Ugh. And I volley between being ok with where I am and really wanting to get back to not having love of food control me (but I also don't want fear of food to control me...which is where I was for a bit on MRC-actually when they wanted me to lose more and I knew I was already at my lowest, that's when I realized I was developing a fear of food...that's not good either). So I'm debating. Last time I was on program it was through the holidays, so that doesn't bother me. I still have all my old menus and tracking sheets, but I know I have a harder time staying on track if I'm not accountable...

So that's what happened to me.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Quick note from MOD/ADMIN

I changed the thread title from Mrc to MRC to facilitate people searching - just as South Beach Diet is referred to as SBD.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone! I just started MRC and am on my preconditioning week. Go for my first weigh in and class tomorrow. Love this thread!
hhjjkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhjjkj View Post
Hi Everyone! I just started MRC and am on my preconditioning week. Go for my first weigh in and class tomorrow. Love this thread!
Welcome... I wish you all the best on your weight loss challenge.. This is a great diet and great support forum. I am on maintenance for over 3 1/2 years . If anyone can help you please feel free to ask and let us know how you do on your first weigh in.

Patzi
Old 11-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
Hello ladies-I lurk here now and again and have been considering returning to MRC. After losing around 40 lbs and keeping it off for about a year, I started gaining back. Slowly at first and then BAM! What happened? It seriously started with some dipped pretzels. We were in the process of doing some quick renovations to a house we were buying then moving in...in a moment of weakness I bought a bag of dipped pretzels and when I didn't see an immediate gain it opened the floodgate to trying lots and lots of foods. The weight gain didn't happen immediately, but when it did...Ugh. And I volley between being ok with where I am and really wanting to get back to not having love of food control me (but I also don't want fear of food to control me...which is where I was for a bit on MRC-actually when they wanted me to lose more and I knew I was already at my lowest, that's when I realized I was developing a fear of food...that's not good either). So I'm debating. Last time I was on program it was through the holidays, so that doesn't bother me. I still have all my old menus and tracking sheets, but I know I have a harder time staying on track if I'm not accountable...

So that's what happened to me.
I feel it is best to join and be accountable, as even on maintenance I have to be accountable, so I join maintenance every year . They have a new diet now that is wider and ones on weight loss say better with more foods. As for MRC I found I never let them dictate to me what THEY wanted me to do. If you are comfortable at a weight when you get there, tell them that and insist that is where you want to be. You will know when you are where you are meant to be. I was the opposite, I wanted to get 5 pounds below goal, and I thought it was never going to happen , but I kept plugging along and I made it. MRC said I was where I was meant to be, and I was not where I wanted myself to be, so I did what was best for myself.

It is a great diet if you work it, as you know, as you lost a good amount of weight on MRC. I wish you the best and I hope you do whatever it is that makes you happy and please don't have a fear of food. If you have that feeling again, come on to forum and we will all talk it out and find a solution for you, as it seems you want to go back to MRC.

Good luck to you, and if I can be of any help, please ask. It is a challenge , I know, but worth it.

Patzi
Old 11-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #11  

Thanks, Patzi. I agree that part of what made the program really successful for me was the accountability. It is a good plan (I was on the green and then metabalance, not sure if they still have metabalance) and I stuck to it 100% for 4 months and really adhered to maintenance for about another year. And it's actually not so much about the number on a scale or even my clothing size. I've gained back all the weight yet people keep saying things like "you just keep losing weight"...I think it's the confidence I gained along with knowing how to dress myself in a flattering manner no matter my size. The biggest reason I am thinking about returning is the whole out of control feeling I have with food. Having the structure reaaaally helps me in that arena. I even talked to my husband last night who could care less about my size, but he knows I'm unhappy with my out of control eating. I start the day well but by the end of the day have 100 regrets.

Today I started myself out on the preconditioning menu I have. I know that the list has expanded along with having more options and tweaks to the green plan...they had started some of those when I finished. But for me I think "that plan worked, let's go with it." If I'm unable to keep myself on track I will join back up, but if I can get myself under control using the preconditioning menu then great. Because I also feel like that's a sustainable plan for me. And if I lose some weight on it that's just a bonus. I actually hid my scale when I was going through my fear of food phase...and I hid it so well I can't find it.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #12  

nwcgina

You have a plan and are starting it, and that is a plus and a new beginning. You will make it, for sure.. Please keep posting on how your are doing , and if you need help or support we are here.. None of us are perfect and we all try, and that is all we can ask of ourselves..

Today I am up 1 1/2 pounds, why???? Have no idea.. I just say it is as it is, and hopefully tomorrow, scale will be better..

For me I am staying on green menu ( the old one) through the holidays so I can enjoy them..

Challenge today, as I am having a barbecue... I will not eat the macaroni or potato salad I made, nor the chips and dip, but I will eat the barbecued chicken and barbecued turkey sausage, Greek salad I made with Fat Free Feta and that will be fine for me.. I also will not eat the dessert I made.. But I am ok with all this. Would rather fit into the nice clothes for the holiday. If I was not trying to stay under goal till holidays, being on maintenance I would have a small portion of the dessert and maybe a couple of glasses wine, but holding off till holidays so I can fully enjoy them. It works for me.I have learned I can never go back to my old way of eating . Friend always brings chocolate cheesecake, and hopefully everyone gobbles it up as usual, if not, we are good friends, and she knows to take the remainder home, but I do not think there will be leftovers of this. It is decadent and very good.

Everyone have a nice day.

Patzi
Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #13  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Admin for changing to MRC . I type all caps in (using IPhone) and not sure why it converts to Mrc?
Gina! Welcome Back! I gained all my weight back and more after I reached my goal 2 years ago so rejoined in August and so glad I did. First 15 lbs gone and working on losing the rest one day at a time. I need the accountability of someone weighing me in. It was $99 for 12 weeks. I will sign up for prob 17 weeks next week or maybe wait till Jan 1st since I'll be out of town a lot Rest of Nov and Dec on vacation. $128 for 17 weeks or $228 for 17 weeks and 1 year maint. The new menu is good although my coach said to eliminate all the white carbs on it to lose more. I don't do any of the supplements, but do buy the HNSs as required (min 2 per day). To add more HNSs per day- i do buy the larger container of Protidiet Pink Lemonade (Diet Direct) and use the Syntrax Vanilla Bean protein powder (Vitacost) w frozen strawberries in the am. Love my Oster Mini blender! The HNSs are 5 boxes for $55. I do tell them sometimes that I order from their website Emetabolic.com or say a friend gave me a bunch of HNSs but they aren't too happy w that. I justify because I'm not going out to eat as much and eating less junk, etc.
I love that I can fit in my jeans and wear some of the clothes I outgrew in the last 2 years. Still have a way to go but happy to get the first 15 off!
Good luck everyone!

Last edited by bigdog; 11-09-2014 at 09:21 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Thanks Admin for changing to MRC . I type all caps in (using IPhone) and not sure why it converts to Mrc?
Gina! Welcome Back! I gained all my weight back and more after I reached my goal 2 years ago so rejoined in August and so glad I did. First 15 lbs gone and working on losing the rest one day at a time. I need the accountability of someone weighing me in. It was $99 for 12 weeks. I will sign up for prob 17 weeks next week or maybe wait till Jan 1st since I'll be out of town a lot Rest of Nov and Dec on vacation. $128 for 17 weeks or $228 for 17 weeks and 1 year maint. The new menu is good although my coach said to eliminate all the white carbs on it to lose more. I don't do any of the supplements, but do buy the HNSs as required (min 2 per day). To add more HNSs per day- i do buy the larger container of Protidiet Pink Lemonade (Diet Direct) and use the Syntrax Vanilla Bean protein powder (Vitacost) w frozen strawberries in the am. Love my Oster Mini blender! The HNSs are 5 boxes for $55. I do tell them sometimes that I order from their website Emetabolic.com or say a friend gave me a bunch of HNSs but they aren't too happy w that. I justify because I'm not going out to eat as much and eating less junk, etc.
I love that I can fit in my jeans and wear some of the clothes I outgrew in the last 2 years. Still have a way to go but happy to get the first 15 off!
Good luck everyone!
Bigdog.. You sound so positive, that is fantastic.. Congrats to you on the losing of the first 15 pounds... I have mostly paid $99.00 for maintenance, one year it was $119.00, & thought that was hight , but I had missed a special, but mostly it is $99.00.

Everyone, think thin and have a great Sunday..

Patzi
Old 11-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #15  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

So after my stall, I was down 2lbs this past week at my weigh in on Saturday. I am now down another two pounds from there, so it looks like my body has finally adjusted. I'm down a total of 13 from when I started, and only have 10 more to go to my goal for Christmas Today I let out an audible "yes!" with a fist pump when I got on the scale before my shower. I love those mornings! It really helps motivate me.

My goal this week is more water. That's such a tough one for me.

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by CelticHarpie; 11-10-2014 at 10:23 AM.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote