South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile Boo! Halloween Chat - October 31st

Good Friday and Happy Halloween. It looks like a chilly evening for the kidlets. "But Mommy, I can't wear a coat over my pretty fairy wings!"

Had a late in the day doggie playtime with friend Joanne and our dogs - realized that 5:30 won't work when the time changes since it'll be too dark. We'll have to figure out something because the furries just love that time which is when Jo gets off work. She's wondering if her boss will let her change her hours which amuses me. She works for a newspaper and is always working to deadlines.

Once it gets bright, I need to get my Halloween decor onto the front porch to be ready for the wee visitors. I think I need a height check thing like that have at Disney. Quite frankly I hate having 6' zombies at my door, especially later in the evening. I may just turn off the pumpkin and other lights at the front of the house and batten down the hatches by 7:30. I think Halloween is for the wee kids, not the teens. "You're a mean one, Mrs Grinch!"

Aside from decor, today's tasks include making a huge crockpot full of chili for a euchre on Sunday afternoon. The notice for the event said "light refreshments" , Doesn't sound too "light" to me but hey, it's Delta! Deer hunting starts Sunday night so the lads may be stoking up.

The Halloween goodies are sitting in big bowls ready for the visitors - I think I should cover them up so I'm not tempted - again! Will I ever learn to buy things I don't like - like Coffee Crisp and Cheetos instead of red liquorice and potato crisps?

Happy Halloween, Beachers!

Old 10-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I dunno Ruth, coffee crisp sounds intriguing!! (was that supposed to be something else?)

TGIF - one more day! Tonight we leave for Pittsburgh, I have a CE meeting while the rest of the family plays. Stinks in one way because I don't get a break, but at least it's sitting there instead of running around!

Waiting on bloodwork back, I was quite off plan yesterday, since food isn't very appealing at all, which is when I eat carbs (yaknowwhatimean?!). I really didn't eat much overall, so I'm not worried about it.

Our town had trick or treating last night (DD is currently in the shower washing her paint off...), I think because we're in a college town and things may be quite dangerous tonight.

Have a great Halloween!
Old 10-31-2014, 06:57 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Beachers We have a baby 10:30 last night after just 12 minutes of labor (she was there all day but did a lot of sleeping and deciding a name). He is 7#1 and 19" long and I cannot wait to meet him! We are heading down as soon as Tim is up and just late enough to avoid rush hour traffic into Boston. I will have pictures later
Old 10-31-2014, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning ghosts and goblins

Food has been scary this week with mom here, but we did manage some nice walks. I still have yet to buy candy.

The ceremony was really nice. The only downside was the phone call from DS minutes before we began. DS was crying he wants to drop out of college. Ugh when will this kid get it??? The ex and I are not pleased to say the least. I hope and pray he sticks it out for the year.

Otherwise things are good. Mom leaves shortly so it's time to get going. At least my new schedule allowed me to be off while she was here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-31-2014, 07:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Congratulations Cyndi!!!! Please hug and kiss the baby and DD from all of us. Such wonderful news!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, if you were handing out Coffee Crisp, I'd be tempted to get in line to get one. YUM! I could go for one of them right now! I remember how I loaded up on them the last time I was in Canada. It's an unwritten rule in my neighborhood that the older kids wait until the end to come around for their treats. Sometimes we'll just leave the candy out on the front porch for them to help themselves, and hope we don't have leftovers.

Tammy, have a fun trip to Pittsburgh, and I sure hope you find out what's been causing your nausea soon!

The grandkids are getting ready for school, and Tyler is all excited about his Halloween parade and looking forward to tonight's trick-or-treating.
I plan to clean the house and get laundry done this morning before going over to spend some time with Dad. This afternoon, Jake wants me to help him put a tarp over his shed, which will have to do until he can put a new roof on in the spring.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Grandma Cyndi! I'm glad it went smoothly for your DD and can't wait to see pics of your grandson!
Old 10-31-2014, 07:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

CONGRATULATIONS CYNDI!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Congratulations Jennifer! Sweet pic of you and mom
Old 10-31-2014, 07:11 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Grandma Cyndi! Yippee! Does Tim get some type of Grandpa title?

Twynn, that really is a chocolate bar. Maybe only in Canada?

Jennifer, great pic of you and your Mother. I don't think I've seen you in your uniform. You look great.

Still pitch black out there but I'll dig out the fake pumpkins, witches and ghosts so i can decorate as soon as we get light. The chili is burbling away so TGIF is underway!
Old 10-31-2014, 08:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, beachers.

Cyndi - How exciting!!

I have now also succumbed to the Halloween candy temptation Darn DH and his purchases! He actually finished off the first couple of bags he bought while I was out of town and last night he got several more!

I'm working the evening shift tonight and will actually not mind missing the festivities including our annual neighborhood pre-trick-or-treat gathering. (Food and more food; candy and more candy.)

Not sure if I mentioned that our house is being painted and I can't wait for them to finish. Yesterday I spent the afternoon in the basement; I hate being in view while they are working outside windows.

Have a great day.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:49 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Halloween,

WFH today have lots of reports to take care of and have laundry going at the same time. I have to do finishing touches to DD2 costume that we made just need to make holes and some yarn to hang around her neck. We are switching it up this year and DH is going to go with her and her friend (her dad is going) and I will stay home and hand out candy. It is going to be very cold so that works for me.

Ruth I don't mind the teenagers they could be doing far worse things instead of collecting free candy.

Twynn hope they have results soon

Congratulations Cyndi how exciting can't wait to see the pics

Jekel great pic of you and your mom- glad you got to spend extra time with her

Cottage enjoy your day today to you get to see the parade? That is the one thing I will miss since they made a new middle school they will not be doing a parade like the elementary school does.

Karen don't blame you I would have done the same or closed every blind.

Have a spectacular Halloween!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Congratulations to our newest grandma!

Congratulations, too, Jennifer! Beautiful picture! Sorry for the phone call. They always seem to come at the most inconvenient time. I sure hope that it works itself out.

We got up late and then went back to bed this morning. Such an unusual moment for us. Now things are coming together quickly. Need to get ready for the pool then a meeting then maybe some home time this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Wait!!!! Ruth, you don't like coffee crisps!?! We have always stocked up on both those and the Cadbury bars when we are north of the border since they are not available in the States. (and Aerobars, too)

Congrats, Cyndi!! How exciting.

Tammy, with 2 colleges in my town and Halloween on a Friday, I think I'd be a bit concerned as well if I had younger kids. As it is, my kids are the college kids. Have a good trip tomorrow.

Jennifer
, great picture! Hope DS works through this tough time. Maybe it is just where he is in the semester? Both my boys had a tough week with exams and such.

Cottage, since I live in the boonies we rarely get trick or treaters, but I agree: 16 is too old for that (unless you have a really little sibling).

It is nice to see October get finished; I really like all the November and December holidays. Not excited about changing the clock though.

I'm making spaghetti squash pizza tonight. I cooked spaghetti squash and made "chic parm" last night (baked with a coating of parmesean cheese and ground almonds) and needed to use up the squash. I think I will freeze anything that is leftover.

Have a good evening, chicks!
Old 10-31-2014, 08:57 PM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We are keeping pictures private right now but I can share them here He is amazing (of course), very mellow so far, absolutely adorable, and very loved. We stayed a couple of hours and then let them get some rest. I will go back down in a week and a half when daddy goes back to work. We haven't discussed names but I'm easy. This little guy has a huge group of adults spoiling him so titles for all of us will come with time.

Meet Dylan Everett and his parents
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Family.jpg (24.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG950912.jpg (22.2 KB, 20 views)
Closed Thread