Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #1  
Mom 2 a sweet girly

S/C/G: 249/160

Height: 5'1

Red face How do I get motivation back

Hey everyone!

I'm making my self nuts day in day out I use to be so good at staying on track now its impossible for me to do it,How do I get my willpower back? also if I'm just working on eating clean with out working out, will I do some walking here and there with my daughter, but would I still lost weight? I wanna lost 40lbs in the next 8 months would this be possible?
Meliy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

You don't need willpower or motivation. They are not reliable sources of energy, they change with the weather. If you wake up in the morning full of willpower doesn't mean anything for the rest of the day. By lunchtime your boss may make you angry, you may push your lunch hour too far back and bam, you're too hungry to think straight and where's your willpower now? Gone.

Placing a due date on your weightloss can and usually does backfire. It becomes very difficult to take it one day at a time when you're in a race. Most people who also reach their arbitrary due date with the weightloss they planned also run the risk of gaining it back soon thereafter. It happens all the time. Slow and steady wins the race, don't subject yourself to deprivation because it can lead to binging. Focus instead on how you feel day to day, make some better choices along the way and move a little more. You don't have to run a marathon to be fit, and time and time again walking is proven to have the greatest impact on a person's health because it is sustainable, enjoyable, and doesn't cause injuries for the most part.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Try thinking about why are you doing this. Is it for your health? Are you doing it to look good? How about so you can actively play with your daughter?

Personally, I will tell you I love being active with my kids. We do so many things together now. I'm not the sit back and watch the kids mom. My kids are always commenting how we do things that others don't.

Anyways, you don't need to exercise. You only need to reduce calories to lose weight. Exercise helps that you lose more fat than muscle.

Don't get to stuck on dates to make goals. Life happens. Set small milestones like 10 pounds at a time. 8 months is doable but I would just focus on 1 month at a time.

Good luck. I know you can do it.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #4  
Warrior Princess

It's really my own fault but I would look like Jillian Michaels by now if I didn't allow stress to frustrate me as much as it does. I've never been one to get really upset and go for a run anyway. I stew and then my night is shot. I don't stress eat, I just sit around pissed off.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 74 kg / 74 kg / 58 kg

Thumbs up

Heyyy, I lack motivation too. I used to say to myself that i will start eating healthy from tomorrow and then i would just go to get fast food or a chocolate. I was killing myself every day thinking that i will never lose weight and i will never get the body i always wanted. I struggled with my weight my whole life and never in my life i was skinny or fit But i just downloaded myfitnesspal on my phone and i write everything i eat and do (like exercise etc). I just finished my first day. I know you probably think 'its just one day' but for me its really not. I learnt to take one step at the time and i dont make plans for a long run! I really feel that first time i am going towards my goal (my mind and the way i see weight loss changed). Maybe you should give it a try? they calculate everything for you. its an amazing app! If anyone wants to try it out or is already using it you can add me for some extra support! my user name is lovewinterxbx
I wish you all the best!
lovewinterxbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Reading lovewinterxbx's post reminded me of something I just reaIt'd about Madison Bumgarner, the pitcher who was a big factor in the Giants winning the world series.

He said he focused on getting an out at a time, or just making each pitch, not trying to win the world series

I've found that somehow keeping track of what I'm eating helps a lot, whether it's writing it down, using an app or whatever. Also, making small changes will add up over time, if you're overwhelmed with being super strict, maybe try just measuring here and there.

So, there's approx. 32 weeks in 8 months, right? Maybe just try to lose a pound, if you lose a pound a week you'll be very close to your goal, if you have some success that may motivate you or inspire you or challenge you, whatever you want to call it, to try a little harder some weeks.

best of luck to you

Last edited by kelijpa; 11-04-2014 at 09:08 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #7  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

I am just now getting my motivation back. I lost 48 pounds, gained back 18, lost 5 of those by getting my head back in the game. I just kept reminding myself why I started, and how good I felt when I was doing the right thing. It's not easy, I know that all too well. But the alternative is SO much worse.
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
I've found that somehow keeping track of what I'm eating helps a lot, whether it's writing it down, using an app or whatever.
I second this.

Keeping track of what I'm eating, even if I don't set a calorie or weight loss goals, helps me eat better. Just seeing how many calories I eat in MyFitnessPal helps me make better choices. And it makes me WANT to eat healthier foods.

I've told myself that when I want to eat more, I will - but I have to log it. So on a recent vacation I ate over 4000 calories in one day, but you know what? I made healthier choices the next day and still felt satisfied. My commitment to log calories overrides my commitment to lose weight, which makes it a whole lot easier to get back on track after I go overboard.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #9  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

40 pounds in 8 months is definitely do-able! I've lost almost 100 in one year, so anything you put your mind to, you can accomplish! Trust me, when I started, I had no idea how much you can accomplish.

As for the motivation - you have to find that within yourself. It's keeping with it, every day, not giving up on yourself. Also, I find that accountability is a huge piece of the puzzle. I started working out at a boot camp and made some awesome friends there and if I don't show up, they are asking me why, am I ok, what's going on. Every little bit helps.

80% of weight loss is in the kitchen, no exercising. I use the phrase "6 packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym." What has worked for me is planning ahead. Taking a couple hours on Sunday and making my meals for the rest of the week. It's know what I can/can't have. I don't deprive myself, I do have a "cheat meal" once a week where I will eat whatever I want, but I eat super clean the rest of the time. If you can get to the point where you no longer crave the food, it's a great feeling. I don't eat the bread and pasta and sweets - trust me, I was addicted! But feeling healthier is so much better!

Good luck to you in your journey, but just stick with it. This has to come from inner strength - how bad you want it over all.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote