Old 10-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Default So I haven't weighed-in in a while...

I had a little too much fun at gatherings over the weekend and stress ate the week before. I'm considering waiting until the end of the week to weigh myself. What do you guys think? After diverging from what you know works for you, do you think it's a good idea to do daily weigh ins?

On the upside, I'm back

Last edited by muguet; 10-27-2014 at 08:47 PM.
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I have found that weighing in daily becomes obsessive for me very quickly. I try to weigh only once a week but sometimes weigh a few times a week. I always wait at least 2 days after a cheat though, so I don't freak out about water weight!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I think it depends on how weighing effects you. For some people it really helps to see the "damage"(usually water weight) as a way to inspire them to keep going. Also some people find they get too complacent and keep putting off their weigh-ins and eventually slide in to bad habits if they aren't constantly diligent.
Other kinds of people get too obsessive and seeing the higher number after a few days off is extremely discouraging for them and sends them into a spiral of negativity and can lead to negative thoughts or bingeing for some people.
You have to determine what works for you and discover the type of weigher you are and what is most mentally healthy for you and keeps you on track
Personally, I try to keep myself distanced from my weigh-ins and see it as simply data and a reflection of what is going on in my body. I keep a spread sheet and have learned my trends from it which has been helpful. I try and weigh in everyday(when I'm around my scale at least), but if I find myself getting too obsessive I will take breaks.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

It really does depend on your own personal strength when dealing with weigh ins. If you're the type of person to go on a self destructive rampage if you see the scale increase, then avoid at all cost for a day or two. I've been there and it was not pretty! But if you can remain calm and see the weight as a logical explanation of cause and effect then feel free, but be prepared to see some crazy number which is usually water weight.

Personally, I take 1 day away from the scale, drink LOADS of water, eat on plan and perhaps do a workout. The day after I'm usually back to normal or a little over, but that's ok
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #5  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the above, it really depends!

For me, I weigh every single day. However, the number doesn't affect me too much. But if I had a really bad weigh-in due to something like bloat, I simply don't write it in my weight log. Something about writing down a high number bothers me a lot more than seeing it on the scale.

You'll figure out what works for you! I just wouldn't advise waiting too terribly long if you're worried that you might get off track
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:24 PM   #6  

I TOTALLY understand this question!
Last week I hit my first platuea and it was SO frustrating!
The scale FINALLY nudged down a pound… the day I had already made plans for my once a week cheat meal.
So, I went out, had sushi- exactly as I had planned- 2 spring rolls, 1 Lady Tiger, 1 Armand, the whole clump of wasabi with low sodium soy.
Unsweet Tea.

I should NEVER have weighed myself the next morning.
I promise, I heard the scale groan. Or maybe it was just me. Either way- the number wasn't anywhere NEAR what it had been PREsushi massacre. Instead it was like it set me back a whole two weeks.
I could have justified eating an entire bag of Funyns and a whole jar of cheese dip and chased it with a pint of butter pecan for all that!

BUT- it was good, for me anyway. Because even though it was MOSTLY water weight, it taught me two things. One, if I ever cheat like that again, avoid the scale at all costs. And two: it reminded me WHY I don't eat that way all the time anymore- because I don't like what it does to my body. I love sushi, but I don't have to eat ALL the tempura everything and ALL the peanut sauces and what not.

I USUALLY weigh every day- same time, same circumstances- just after I wake up and tinkle, totally nekkid. It's my "control" for the evidence. And then I log it in ModelMyDiet and LoseIt! and get on with my day.
HOWEVER- after seeing that number post sushi-pocolypse, I am taking a week off. The last week of October- on plan, working out, finishing the 20 day squat challenge.. and I will weigh again November 1st. I don't want to be reminded that I am trying to RElose everything I lost before I cheated every day, so hopefully the number will be MUCH more friendly when I step back on it on November 1st.

My lesson learned about cheats? I HAVE to have them- I look forward to them, and it keeps me on plan and from feeling deprived. I LOVE food. Doesn't mean I have to be IN love with food 3 meals a day. And- chase them with a double Spark, citrus fruit and an absurd amount of water after. Grapefruit, lemon, lime, etc help me SO much with the detox and sloughing off water weight. Sometimes I'll add an extra half mile to my work out just in case, but I will cheat again and it will be glorious… this coming Saturday- it's either going to be Southern Country Cooking or Mexican food… either way, it's going to be epic!
ANTICAKECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Thanks everyone!! it's been about a week and I felt like the water weight was off so I weighed myself. I like to weigh myself everyday for a reminder to be as healthy as I can but I really think it was worth waiting. Ends up I didn't gain!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote