Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #1  

Default Anyone losing weight (on purpose) while pregnant?

I've always gained a lot while pregnant. I think I was about 160 when I got pregnant with this bb#4, and now I'm 177!. Although I was 178 and I am down a pound. I was running about 20-25 mpw when I got pregnant but stopped because of how awful I feel in the beginning of pregnancy. So like my other pregnancies, I've been feeling back to normal since about 16 weeks. So I'm easing back into running and doing ok.

But I decided that I should get my weight under control simply because I cannot continue running if I keep gaining. It will be too much on my joints and then post pregnancy I'll be stuck having to lose a lot of weight until running gets comfortable again.

Anyway, running is my motivation. I love it and I enjoy it more then less I weigh.

So I decided to not just watch but count calories (which I've been doing for several days) and try to actively lose weight slowly while pregnant.

But I'm finding it hard and by the late day I am ravenous! I am currently using myfitnesspal and have 1870 calories and I eat back all my exercise calories.

Has anyone successful lost weight while pregnant? I realize that this may actually show as a maintenance on the scale because I will be gaining the weight of baby, uterus, amniotic fluid.

Just as a heads up, I am not looking for anyone saying weight loss while pregnancy is not healthy. At a slow healthy pace for someone over weight it most certainly is and I don't feel like discussing why...thanks!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #2  
New Healthy Mum

S/C/G: 229/145.5/141

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
I've always gained a lot while pregnant. I think I was about 160 when I got pregnant with this bb#4, and now I'm 177!. Although I was 178 and I am down a pound. I was running about 20-25 mpw when I got pregnant but stopped because of how awful I feel in the beginning of pregnancy. So like my other pregnancies, I've been feeling back to normal since about 16 weeks. So I'm easing back into running and doing ok.

But I decided that I should get my weight under control simply because I cannot continue running if I keep gaining. It will be too much on my joints and then post pregnancy I'll be stuck having to lose a lot of weight until running gets comfortable again.

Anyway, running is my motivation. I love it and I enjoy it more then less I weigh.

So I decided to not just watch but count calories (which I've been doing for several days) and try to actively lose weight slowly while pregnant.

But I'm finding it hard and by the late day I am ravenous! I am currently using myfitnesspal and have 1870 calories and I eat back all my exercise calories.

Has anyone successful lost weight while pregnant? I realize that this may actually show as a maintenance on the scale because I will be gaining the weight of baby, uterus, amniotic fluid.

Just as a heads up, I am not looking for anyone saying weight loss while pregnancy is not healthy. At a slow healthy pace for someone over weight it most certainly is and I don't feel like discussing why...thanks!
Congratulations - I am also expecting a girl and I am in my 34th week.

I have actually gained 14.5 pounds during this pregnancy and still ate a lot of bad things, but also lots of good things. Before pregnancy with my BMI i was considered at just overweight (less than 10 pounds off a normal bmi).

On an average day I will have about 1600 calories though during my morning sickness phase this was more like 800.

Because I was half way through my own weight loss when I became pregnant my goal was a gain of 2 stone but 1.5 stone would be even better!

I really don't feel that hungry and must confess I have hardly excercised during the pregnancy but I am attempting to limit my ice cream and chocolate but somedays I just fancy some ben and jerrys!!!!
sammymilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

Yep. This is what I did and am still doing.

I lost some weight during those first few pukey weeks. Then I fought HARD to maintain on the scale (which is really gradual loss, as you noted.) I counted calories. Some weeks it was easy, and I had barely an appetite. Other weeks I was ravenous.

I made it to the third tri before the scale began to creep up a tiny bit. From 30-36 weeks when your baby literally triples in size it is very hard to avoid gaining a *little*. I'm still below where I started, and am on track to deliver at a lb or two below prepregnancy weight (which will be approx 10lbs below prepreg weight after he finally comes out!) Can't wait.

You can certainly do it. You are 15 or 20lbs lighter than me, though. I'm not sure if I would have worked so hard if my BMI hadn't been technically in the obese category.

Last edited by jeminijad; 10-19-2014 at 10:00 AM.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote