Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #1  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Maintainers Volume 16

Time for a new thread. Trying to attach a link to the old one. Not sure if I did it right.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...lume-15-a.html

Last edited by ChipnDip; 10-13-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #2  

Hi
New to maintenance. Don't really understand separation of fats and carbs, does that mean no cheese on a burger? Anyway, have reached goal and maintained for two weeks now. Did the program on my own as only had ten pounds to lose. Joined to look for tips on this phase. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #3  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCT View Post
Hi
New to maintenance. Don't really understand separation of fats and carbs, does that mean no cheese on a burger? Anyway, have reached goal and maintained for two weeks now. Did the program on my own as only had ten pounds to lose. Joined to look for tips on this phase. Thanks.
Cheese and a burger are both fats. It's the bun that would be carbs so you have to look at the ratio and aim for a 3:1 ratio of fat to carbs for fat meal or carbs to fat for carb meal. At least they is how I understand it. I don't start P4 until Thursday.

If you can't get the ratio right for your chosen meal without going way over in calories, save it for fun day.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi maintenance peeps! I'm back and reading fast to catch up, lol VOLUME 16 ALREADY!!
Sounds like everyone is in the swing of things...
Will post more probably tomorrow, when I see how far off course this past 5 days has taken me

Congrats Chip!! I knew you'd be on here soon!

Liana
Old 10-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Just posted in the daily thread, but had to celebrate over here too, as I'm officially on my way to joining you! Hit just under my goal at WI this morning. So excited!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCT View Post
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Cheese and a burger are both fats. It's the bun that would be carbs so you have to look at the ratio and aim for a 3:1 ratio of fat to carbs for fat meal or carbs to fat for carb meal. At least they is how I understand it. I don't start P4 until Thursday.

If you can't get the ratio right for your chosen meal without going way over in calories, save it for fun day.
Welcome SunnyCT! ChipnDip is exactly right on the carb/fat ratio.

ChipnDip - hooray for P4, you'll do as great in maintenance as you have in the other phases.

Welcome back Liana!

The talk yesterday (on the now closed thread) about sizes was interesting. Amazing how people can be nearly the same in height and weight yet wear such wildly different sizes. I think a lot of it has to do with clothing manufacturers too - I've noticed that depending on the style I wear a 4 or 6 pants or a 3 or 5 in juniors. I try not to get too hung up on sizes but since I was wearing a 24/26 when I started IP it's hard for me not to get tickled every time I shop. So vain.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #7  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Just posted in the daily thread, but had to celebrate over here too, as I'm officially on my way to joining you! Hit just under my goal at WI this morning. So excited!!!
Congrats! That is wonderful news - you rock!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Welcome Sunny! You may want to read the maintainers menus that are posted quite regularly as they will give you an idea of what a good eating plan is on maintenance. Everyone is different in how many carbs they can handle before gaining. So, you may have to tweak your eating to how your body responds.

Hi Liana; Welcome back!

Ruth Ann; Yes, isn't it great to wear smaller sizes? I'm wearing a Small to medium top, and size 10-12 pants. But, depends on the manufacturer as I have size 8's too. And its true, we are all built so different so the same weight doesn't mean the same size!

Pishposh Congrads! Isn't that a great feeling to get to goal!

Chipndip: Continue your success! You are doing great!

Its the start of P1 for me today for 2 weeks and I'm so ready to get some of these lbs off. I feel that a few will definately be water as I'm so bloated lately and looking forward to feeling more comfortable in my clothes. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #9  

Hi everyone, welcome to the P4newbies Sunny, Posh, and Chip!
Weeeellll, long story short I am at my sit-up-and-take-notice weight. 136 But, multiple things are helping to cause that... stress over Mom, who is really going downhill fast now, getting only 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night over the past couple weeks, and a stupid skip of period (should have been almost 3 weeks ago) while still having all the TOM signals. I'm still expecting to get it, but when?!?! That & the jaw is still giving me grief. I have one last physio apptmt today and then a consult on the 28th with the orthodontist. I am having difficulty getting my veggies in since I like 'em raw or at least cooked al dente like pasta. Veggie purees or 'mushy peas' don't turn my crank.
P1 for the next few days, and darn it... a monthly check-up weigh in on this Thursday . I'm 'training' a new coach, lol, as my old one is off to start a tourism related, guided local hiking business with her hubby. All three of us met together last time so this time it's just me and the new gal (whom I actually know casually from many years ago - we were all 'fitness friends').
Tomorrow Dad & I will be hanging out at the Community Nursing Office and the Seniors' Resource Centre and picking their brains to get some ideas on how to help Mom right now & into the near future, & also planning for long term care.

Liana
Old 10-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #10  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Just how many times do I have to be burned before I keep my hands away from a hot stove?????

Grrrr!

Lesson #218 for me: No more than one P1 day unless I am going all the way into ketosis. Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure they say this right in the maintenance instructions. Why, oh why, do I have such a hard time just doing what I am told???

I got up today feeling totally good and in control. P2 day today, or so I planned. Then I realized how absolutely starving I felt and veered slightly off the path. Then my all-or-nothingness took over and now I am off the road completely, lying face down in a ditch.

blah---

On the bright side, my weight this morning was down to where I was all last week, so . . . I dunno . . .that's more of a partly-sunny side at best.

Back to it.

P.S. Welcome back, Liana! Congrats, Pish!!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #11  

At least on a P2 day, you get to eat more, SylviesGirl . I'd just open a can of tuna, top with lemon or lime juice and lots of pepper and chow down. Actually, that's making me hungry and I have a P1 day today since I am up a bit... Oh well, planning a can of tuna for my next normal maintenance day...
Picturing you off the road and lying face down in a ditch (lol) as described. I love your writing, you make me laugh. (in a good way, laughing with you not at you!)

Liana
Old 10-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #12  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
At least on a P2 day, you get to eat more, SylviesGirl . I'd just open a can of tuna, top with lemon or lime juice and lots of pepper and chow down. Actually, that's making me hungry and I have a P1 day today since I am up a bit... Oh well, planning a can of tuna for my next normal maintenance day...
Picturing you off the road and lying face down in a ditch (lol) as described. I love your writing, you make me laugh. (in a good way, laughing with you not at you!)

Liana
Oh, thanks, Liana. I try not to be a total drag around here with my attempts at humor.

Oh, I only wish I was so focused and pure as to reach for a can of tuna when I have gotten myself ravenously hungry. No, I did my usual stupid thing -- swung too far off to the extreme again. I can't do anymore than 1 phase-1 day from now on. I keep trying to squeeze a couple (or 3) in, stopping just short of ketosis, to get a few lbs off. Problem is, if I don't get into ketosis, P1 leaves me out-of-my-mind hungry after a day or 2. Lesson learned -- once again, the hard way.

Your vacay sounded amazing. I'm so glad -- I know you needed and deserved one.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #13  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Congrats PishPosh!!!!!!!!!!

Liana....Your trip sounds amazing, but I am also very sorry you are dealing with so much stress. And don't we all know that stress puts on the POUNDS for sure! You have done so great in maintenance, you will be right back to where you want to be in no time!

SylviesGirl.....Yes, no more than on P1 day for me unless I want to go into full loss mode. Honestly, I think doing IP can make us forget that you don't HAVE to be in ketosis or doing P1 to lose weight. Sometimes simple calorie adjustments or activity adjustments are better for us to break the binge/restrict type cycle in a healthier way. Good luck, and hang in there!

Having a bit of a scratchy throat today. Boo. Scale read lower again today (I must've been retaining A LOT of water)...enjoying the new low as a novelty, but now know I need to get my calories up there to keep this metabolism going!
Old 10-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #14  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hawaii69 - Good luck on the 2 weeks of P1! You can do it!

canadjineh - good for you for catching the up pounds before they became a LOT of up pounds! So sorry for what you are going through with your family - so hard. I will keep you in my prayers if you don't mind (well, okay - even if you do mind!).

Sylviesgirl - you made me laugh with your description! I have found if I'm up a couple of pounds that lowering my carbs to 100 or less net, upping my water and paying close attention to my calories and fat/carb ratios usually takes care of it in a few days. I don't have "fun" days or meals per se, I kind of just work in things I want. So far it's worked (keep your fingers crossed!).

evemomma - boo on scratchy throats! It's kind of a balancing act on the weight - don't want to go too low but not too high either. You'll get it all figured out.

Am avoiding work at the moment - just don't feel like doing it. This is my first full week back and it's harder than I thought. May have to knock off early.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #15  
Started IP 2/13/13

Eve -- You know, the idea that I don't have to be in ketosis to lose any and all pounds really did dawn on me like an epiphany a couple of weeks ago. I guess I will just have to do it the old fashioned way right now. I don't want to go into full ketosis right now. Too many school events coming up. I have had my fill of being the odd-man-out at things like that for a while. Thanks for the reminder that simple cutting back is still a valid option. NOW, no getting sick!!! I forbid you. There, that should take care of it.

Actually, I'm walking around like a pill-pusher with the vitamin C and oil of oregano today. I picked my son up from his trumpet & piano lesson yesterday only to find his teacher in the throes of a ooey-gooey cold. Only 3 hours cooped up in a tiny room with each other, blowing through horns and sharing piano keys. So not happy. Gah!!

Ruth Ann -- Thanks for your tips on cutting back, too. That is what I am going to have to do and just be content and patient with it. Content and patient -- two very foreign concepts for me ordinarily. Surgical recovery seems to take so long, doesn't it. And just when we start to feel good is when we are put most closely in touch with our lingering and latent limitations. Hang in there. You're almost there, and then you'll be unstoppable!

Thanks for the support today, everybody.
Closed Thread