Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Default Up for a challenge? Binge-free October!

Would you like to join in and work together towards a binge-free month?
It won't be easy, but it may help us to support one another.
When you feel like binging this month, enter the forum and share your thoughts and feelings.
I know what it is to be binge-free for months and then to relapse, and now I am trying to get back in control and to lose some weight in the process.
Here's some advice if you cannot break the overeating cycle:
-- Have breakfast as soon as you get up, and put some protein in it.
-- Avoid flour and sugar for some days, till your blood sugar is stabilized.
-- Exercise.
-- Analyze your emotions and channel them in a healthy way.
-- Journal what you eat and how you feel if you lose control.
-- Avoid triggers. Triggers are tricky, because they are not necessarily fattening food. In may case, tomatoes are triggers! Once you identify what food makes you eat more and more, ban that food from your life.
-- Try to identify the moment when you are not hungry any more and stop eating right then. Overeating will make you overeat again.
-- Remember: food is for the body, not for the soul.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

In sooo in! My binging used to be terrible (i'd binge almost every day) but now it's kinda under control. I do have a few episodes every month and i want to work on eating something instead of binging if I am truly hungry even if it means i won't lose that day. I don't plan on cutting down on sugar and flour, though, because when i restrict i binge even more.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

food is for the body, not for the soul love this!

I'm in! One of my goals is to be at peace with cravings and identify how I'm feeling. Thank you for starting this thread!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #4  

Great, we are three already! Yesterday I overate a little in the evening --too much cheese-- but all in all things went quite well. One pound less today, which makes it even better.
I am still trying to identify the moment when I am not hungry any more and I can stop eating. I know that once I find that, things get easier, It is as if past that point, it becomes more difficult to stop.
Stick to your plans, people!
Old 10-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I want sugar so. bad. But I know that it's because I'm PMSing so I'm not too concerned.
I'm okay so far. I bought two quality chocolate bars and plan for them last for two months. Could have ate all of the first one today, to be honest. Controlled myself and was happy I did, ends up I was full.
I made a thread for a "make it last a month" challenge if you guys are interested! I've always envied those who had incredible self-control and could have a bag of chips/cookies lying around the house and not eat the entire thing in an hour. I'm definitely not like that unless the thing is super oily/sugary. I feel bad saying this, but I definitely think that's a "skinny person" attribute and I'm determined to get there.
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #6  

Having food around the house and not eating it is something we all can do once we get stable. It takes days to get to that point, so it is wise not to stash triggers for some time, no matter how much our families complain. For my kids I generally buy stuff I don't like. I don't like chocolate cookies, for example, so I buy some of that and for some days I eat only food which I know won't send me eating for ever. Anyway, emotional stability is the key, people. Work on your feelings!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by muguet View Post
I want sugar so. bad. I've always envied those who had incredible self-control and could have a bag of chips/cookies lying around the house and not eat the entire thing in an hour.
In my experience it's not always self-control that drives this behavior. Some people are just not that interested.

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 10-05-2014 at 06:01 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I hadn't subscribed to thread! Ugh!

I overate but haven't really binged in the last couple of days. I've already lost 47.6 lbs and still have 40-something to go so i'm going through a phase in which i'm wanting to eat a bit more and i'm currently giving myself a break and maintaining weight. Tomorrow I plan to go back to losing which means i'll have to eat less and/or exercise more.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #9  

Yesterday I did eat quite more than usual, but fortunately I did not binge as I used to. I just ate only when not seen by others because I felt embarrased of eating sweets openly. I am not overweight, but food is still an issue. If I weighed just five pounds less I would eat in the open and no matter what, but those five pounds --I am 5.1-- do make a difference in the way I see myself. I know that for many of you this must sound soooo silly, but my body is a problem to me. I am short and roundish, and my DH is tall and thin, so I feel even worse! LOL Anyway, my objective here is to regain control, and I think I am moving in that direction.
I have continued to exercise and lost a little weight, so I am feeling better.
What matters to me is that I go back to eating healthily and to feeling comfortable with myself. And no more eating for reasons other than hunger.