Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - October 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-31-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:54 AM   #2  

Hi Everyone.
Thanks Diana for tending to the Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change garden. It is such an important place for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney_2009 View Post
Quick check in from August and I.

August is sick as a dog, dehydrated, and back in hospital for IV fluids and a new regimen of antiemetics (anti nausea drugs). Still no word from Peter and I'm torn on even telling him Augs is in hospital.
Grace, I am so sorry to hear that your beautiful August is so sick from the chemo. I honestly cannot imagine how he and you must feel. Best i can say is I am sending light and prayer. I am so sorry Peter has not called. Just shaking my head. Can only imagine the pain and anger that would cause. I ran into a friend today whose son, when he was 7 was diagnosed with Lukemia. She and her husband split during the time of treatment. I am glad to say he is a healthy 14 year old now. Mom has also healed from the ordeal.

Coolmom, baking bread. Oh what a wonderful thing to do. the smell. The feel. And of course the taste. The muffins sound great too.

Apo9, I think its great if someone can make peace with their current weight. No matter what it is. This is a really good thing.

Novangel I think its great that you are going to just maintain. With all the exercise you do, you may have a lot of muscle mass which weighs so much more than fat. So your current weight may be great. I think by medical standards you are in the good weight range.

Diana, thanks for the support re: the chocolate. You are a better woman than I. I could never keep chocolate in the house and not eat it all. Except for chocolate chips for cookies and such. They do not tempt me. But the ones at whole foods do sound good. Sadly, I am one of those people who should avoid sugar entirely. It makes me crave. And is so addictive for me. Not for everyone. Some people can handle it well. Not this woman. How is your SI joint now?

Ian glad you are back home on your regular plan again. Congrats on the weight loss!

Kelijpa, enjoy those cabbages. I just love them. Aisan slaw with grated carrot and brown rice. Sesame oil, rice vinegar, agave and celtic salt. So many great things one can do with cabbage.

************************************************** ******************************
Today was a popchip and cheese day. Thats okay. I knew in advance that I was going to do that. The right number was on the scale. The rest of the day was low calorie. Tomorrow I will be back to full low calorie. Thursday also. Then Friday after the dr apt I will have popchips. Or something else if I dare.

Got a lot done today. And got to pick out free cheap earrings. A dept store sends me free gift cards. Usuially I buy some earrings or something that costs more than the gift card. But today I didnt have the funds to do that. Also there were no that really spoke to me enough to spend the extra cash. And the cuddle duds tops were too expensive. So I settled on earrings that cost less than the gift card. Free earrings. I will wear them.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday. Grace, I hope your beautiful boy is feeling better today.

Last edited by flower123; 10-01-2014 at 07:26 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on:
Hip Pain (SI Joint) from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
Weigh In: 167.2
Down: .6

Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #4  
Warrior Princess

Omg, it's October?

The Walking Dead, SOON.

I ran 3 miles last night but woke up today with a cold. Such is life this time of year when working with the public.

Flower, thank you for the caring words. You're right, my body is probably not that bad but I have a tendency to pick myself apart. I was just feeling very depressed the other day.

Let's have a great October, everyone!

T-Minus 52 days until I leave for Turks And Caicos Island.

Last edited by novangel; 10-01-2014 at 09:18 AM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #5  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Hello October!

W 166.4, just a pound or so less than last month. Pfftt.
B egg on toast
L lentil soup
D roasted veg, sausage, sprinkle of feta

Weightlifting with bike commute done.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 10-01-2014 at 05:14 PM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

I'll join in.

B- crust-less quiche
tomato slices
toast
decaf

snack- popcorn

L- spinach souffle
tea

D- potato soup
a few croutons
tea

My knee is giving me problems, tendonitis in my foot as well, so I won't get
to do my yard work like I want to. Taking Aleve for it, which helps a lot!
Weight is staying the same, at least I'm maintaining what I've lost so far.

Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #7  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi Michelle, welcome, congrats on keeping off your loss!

Happy October!

Flower congrats on the earrings, that's great! I love cabbage, DH made cole slaw with one of them, we also had Asian salad tonight, it wasn't our cabbage, but really yummy, I really love it.

Novangel looking forward to the Walking Dead, too.

Coolmom slow going here, too...

I need to stop eating, supposed to be something of a fast day, everything tastes so good...
W-163.2
B- OJ
L- grapes
D- roasted veg, Asian salad, cole slaw
S- rest of the roasted veg, handful of mixed nuts
E- 30 min walk

Diana, Ian

Sydney

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Down 0.6lbs to 173.6lbs. I still feel heavy. I need to get below 170.

Breakfast today was sardines, smoked oysters washed down with a bowl of oats. Lunch was my usual with salmon, smoked clams, smoked oysters and squid with a healthy dash of $50 balsamic.

For exercise, I did 50 minutes weight training before work and ran 4 miles before lunch with my running partner who still hasn't found her shoes.

Tomorrow I will be doing a three-a-day. I will do boxing in the morning. Weight training or perhaps a run at lunch. And then a hash run in the evening. It's a lot but I do enjoy my hash runs.

Hi kelijpa. With your running, you will need to start eating (again). I find it's a balance. You need the food to run. But you need the right food to not put the weight on. My weapons of choice (of course) are oats and plenty of fish! But I am convinced that your 5k training will get you into the 150s. Guaranteed.

And thanks flower. It is good to be back on my usual plan. My trip was a real roller coaster. I nearly hit an all-time low at 162lbs but managed to weigh 176lbs when I got back! I get crazy weight fluctuations. I blame it on being a guy.

IT'S TOUGH BEING A GUY LADIES! Y'all got it so good.

Ouch!

Last edited by IanG; 10-01-2014 at 08:28 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #9  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Finishing the day at 1222 calories.

I didn't realize how high my lentil soup is in carbs. Doh! I'm not feeling very chatty but waving hi all around and sending healthy lifestyle mojo.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #10  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Good carbs CoolMom75...I would not worry at all about those.

Nice, slow-release ones high in dietary fiber. Forget them. It's like my oats. Don't really matter. They do's ya good!

We'd be having a different discussion if it were a donut. That's for sure!

Last edited by IanG; 10-01-2014 at 08:59 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #11  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post

IT'S TOUGH BEING A GUY LADIES! Y'all got it so good.

Ouch!

Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I am very low on energy today. TTOM hormones are messing with me. I have been having crazy energy swings. Some days I feel normal and have good energy. There are days, during TTOM, that I am doing good to get through my day. I guess this is part of menopause. Since getting regulated on my thyroid meds years ago, I have had good energy.

Leslie was the only workout I could muster today. It's also really weird how I lose all of my strength and feel really weak. It's much harder to pull down the doors at the shop, etc. Strength workouts, no matter how beginnerish, feel too hard. I am going to gauge my workouts day by day and do what I feel like I can do. If I feel up to it, I will do my regular schedule.

Today I felt similar to how I felt prior to my thyroid diagnosis. But, I can tell there is a difference. Before my diagnosis, I was like this every day 24/7. No improvement, ever. It was awful.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better energy day.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #13  

Hello everyone
Michelle, nice to meet you. I too want to congratulate you on maintaining what you have lost. I think its great.

Ian I have seen your pictures. I do not think you look heavy. Just wanted to mention my observation.

novangel, I do understand the tendency to pick oneself apart. I have body dysmorphia ( not saying you do) because of all the years of being overwieght and being critisized for it. Brother had the same thing. I am good weight now. But if I go up by 3 lbs I become uncomfortable about it.

CoolMom, my thoughts are the same as Ian's re the lentils. Good healthy carbs.

Keljipa, what you ate today sounds SO good.

Diana, I am sorry to hear that you are having times of such low energy and strength. But I gotta say, I am in that same boat as well. I know that menopause can be so difficult. I remember it well. But not fondly

Today was a diet day. But for some reason what I ate yesterday didnt effect me adversly. Still I kept to the diet today. Jeans fit well again. Thats the important thing. I do not know why my stomach became bigger over the past month. And do not know why its back at being smaller all of a sudden. I can only think cortisol levels rose. And are back down. I ran into an old classmate and friend yesterday who did a healing with me. I think that may have lowered the stress around family issue that was raising cortisol levels because I felt so horrible for the family member, my elderly mother.

L: small salad and chicken sausage 300
D: chicken sausage stoup 360
frozen lemon stuff 110
Hot chocolate and coffee 410
Total for day 1180

Last edited by flower123; 10-01-2014 at 09:35 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #14  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Grace I hope today was a better day for August. Still keeping the two of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Flower I am doing better with the SI joint. I think those DVD's are really helping. I think we are very similar with our foods issues. Sometimes I can have a few squares of chocolate in the house, other times I can't. Every day is a different challenge. If my mind is in a bad place, I can't have anything around.

Novangel Good job on the run. I hope the cold isn't hitting you too hard.

CoolMom Good job on the loss for the month. I am also a few pounds lower than last month. I will take it though!

Michelle Friday Hi and welcome to the check-in! Congrats on your weight loss!

Kelijpa How is it that some people just don't care one way or another about food? Doesn't make sense does it? I got Cody some peanut butter treats one day. He wasn't fond of them. How do you not like peanut butter? I could probably eat those dang biscuits!

Ian Good job on the .6 and getting right back on track. Good luck with your three-a-day.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-01-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #15  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Mediterranean Blend Veggies or Zucchini w/Tri Pepper Blend
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (400 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham 50 Calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 50 calories
Greek Yogurt 100 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed carrots 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
7 Sections (70 Minutes) from Leslie Sansone's Walk Blasters (the last section is walking and stretching)