Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Default NSV - fitness victory

I've been working out 5x/week for 3 month now and I'm really starting to see some muscle definition in my arms.

Last night, my mom flew into town for a visit, and after we got back to my house I changed into a sleeveless shirt and flexed for her.

She was super impressed, and said she could both see and feel the muscle in my arms now. She started asking me about my workouts and I showed her my dumbbells, and how I do my standing overhead press - she grabbed one of the weights and could barely lift it to waist height once! I totally blew her away with the changes I've made.
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

That's great - I've seen on a couple of our challenge boards how much you've been working out. Enjoy the results!!!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mamma View Post
That's great - I've seen on a couple of our challenge boards how much you've been working out. Enjoy the results!!!
Thank you! Exercise has been really important to me in this, because even though I haven't been clinically overweight in years, I never exercised and I was always in the "obese" category of body fat % (30%+), even when I weighed in at 130.

I finally realized a couple years back that this is what made the difference - that if you stand two women the same height next to each other, someone who weighs 135 with 30% body fat will look fatter than someone who weighs 145 with 25% body fat.

So now I know if I want to feel healthy and be happy with my result, dieting down to a smaller gut is not enough - gotta get that muscle!
underanalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

WTG!! It's not easy to put on muscle and it's even harder to strip away enough fat to show off those muscles. You should be so proud!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote