South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default TGIF Beach Chat, Sept 19

Good Morning

It's Friday AND I don't have to work at the project today since I got a bathroom floor painted that needs time to dry since I used an oil based floor coating.

That said, I am joyfully working on a jacket I bought fabric and pattern for several years ago. I had the pattern all cut but I had to reduce the size to fit me now. Yay!

Mom has a medical apt that sis was going to take her to but since I'm free I think I'll go with. Sis and I can do some shopping while mom is visiting her dr.....but for now it's coffee!

What's happening in your neck of the woods? Stop and say hi!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-19-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:02 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Again? September 19th

Good early morning. Seems to me we just had Friday yesterday. Time passes too quickly even when dogs wake you early. (They are now sleeping in front of the stove! It's 30ºF right now so the heat feels good after a frosty potty trip.)

So nice to know I don't need to serve lunch at the Hall tomorrow. That means I don't need to spend part of my Friday getting supplies and prep done. Instead Jazz and I are going to a doggie spa this morning - Paws A Bit - very upscale so I hope he doesn't come back looking all fou-fou! It's in Merrickville so I will spend the time shopping since the drive is 35 minutes and not worth going home.

Tomorrow we work the Bark For Life race in Brockville, not walking because of my toe problems, just doing registrations and spreading good will. Jazz will look quite charming for the event, I hope. Saturday night, my neighbour Liz is throwing a BD party for her Moel - just love my congenial group of friends and neighbours...and love the idea of not being worn out from slaving for the Mill and Town Hall!

However ... we do have two weddings coming up before Thanksgiving AND PBS are filming the Grind at the Mill and the bread-making in the Hall on October 1st! We are going to have to fake the bread part since Margo needs 6 hours from start to finish and we will be doing it in the Hall kitchen rather than in her own kitchen. Going to need some planning to fit this in between the two catered weddings.

Must zip it and get on with my day. I guess I'm chatty in the mornings because I live alone and the dogs just ignore my babble.

Have a great TGIF, Beachers.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Hope the merge was not too painful, Debbie. Isn't it great to get back to a sewing project from a few years ago and was forgotten? I started a turquoise pure silk blouse way back in the last century and still feel guilty about not finishing it. (I gave it to a quilting friend who used it in one of her fabulous wall hangings.)

Raising my coffee mug to you in a salute to Friday.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, lots of good news in the chatter this morning!

Debbie, that's awesome your day is clear, hope you enjoy it shopping.

Ruth, that's cool it's getting filmed. I bet the weddings there are beautiful too!

I'm with you Ruth, I can't believe it's Friday already. What happened? Maybe we're all in a time warp? I won't complain though, we're leaving for camping tonight! I made black bean salad last night for the trip, that helps me a bunch. Power to not eat my kids' chips!

Our DS did beg to go to an overnighter at the local church youth group he's with. So, daddy is WAY better than I am, so he's bringing him back tonight for the 9:30 drop off (it's 1.5 hr round trip) and then picking him up at 7:30 tomorrow am ( no he's not! He can't get up that early on a day off! Maybe a friend will hold on to him for an hour or two....)

Emma Jean says, "don't forget my food mom, we're going camping!"
Old 09-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Finally! My wee Millie is very nervous - wriggles and squirms when I pick her up. She just came over, jumped onto my lap and went to sleep for a few minutes. I am sure she was abused in her previous life. I see a lot of quiet cuddle time coming up as her trust grows.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
A quick fly by for me - I woke up late, could not get out of bed this morning. Cheated last night by having wine and no loss this week - I'm disappointed but intend on "keeping on" although I do have some cheat meals planned already for this weekend. I accept that my loss is slower because of that.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Ruth my Coconutt is still squeamish after 9 years. He too must have been abused before I got him. He will snuggle in my lap. He doesn't like to get close to many people. However he will let Joe hold and pet him. Coconut is a good judge of character. Hey you are not the only one who babbles, I do too. Living alone I really appreciate the daily chats.

Tammy I hope DS is not too cranky camping. My DS was a bear after sleep overs. Have fun and wine if needed

Matilda sorry the scale didn't cooperate. It is great you are not beating yourself up. Hopefully after the weekend you can get back in the groove

Hi to anyone who sneaks in on me

I forced myself to stay in bed until 6:30. Tossed and turned all night. When I did sleep I had crazy dreams. I am out "sick" from work to have my noisy done. I told my partner at work and the other sgt I work with. Well the Sgt must have shared my info because when I left last night all the guys wished me luck, some offered prayers and a few hugs. Even though I usually keep my private life out of work, it was nice having their support.

I politely declined Joe driving me, but if I don't want to drive home the guys will get me and my car. However I have other plans. Ben and Jerry's is down the block from the hospital. The dr said I will need to ice my breast, but I heard her say have ice cream and rest lol I like my idea better

Enjoy your day
Old 09-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I got lost in my emails while you early birds were chatting away.

Have a nice day with your sister and mom, Debbie, and congratulations on having to re-work your jacket pattern!

Ruth, I wish I were able to go to Merrickville with you today, I love that place. We could do lunch while Jazz is getting groomed. Wow, that's great that PBS is filming the Mill! You'll have to give us a head's up as to when it's going to be broadcasted!

Tammy, have fun camping! Your DH is a good dad for being willing to drive DS all the way back for the church sleepover!

Matlida, don't you hate it when you sleep late, then have to rush around! I hope it's a good day for you today!

I got home late from my hairdresser appointment last night and only ate a light salad for supper, and I woke up this morning starving. I was hoping Jake would want to go out for breakfast, but he's still puttering around and hasn't even gotten into the shower yet, so I guess I'll settle for my usual overnight oats. I know Dad is expecting to go out to lunch, so I'm better off with my oats for now, anyway.

On my agenda today I want to go to Verizon to look at ways to lower my bill, go to the nursery to get mums and pumpkins, lunch with Dad, and the usual housecleaning and laundry. At least that will clear the way for loafing and relaxing the rest of the weekend.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good luck today, Jennifer, and I'm sending up prayers and positive thoughts for you. Be good to yourself, and I applaud your plans for afterwards!
Old 09-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Forgot to pop in earlier this morning and have been working on stuff. Did not have a good meeting with the scale this morning so I am back on Phase 1 today. Tonight we are going to Beach Boys concert that a nearby town is having, free so can't say no to that.

Debbie enjoy your day with your mom and sis

Ruth glad that Millie is starting to snuggle with you

Tywnn enjoy your camping trip

Matilda I hate oversleeping throws my day off

Jekel prayers and good thoughts for you today

Cottage enjoy your lunch with your dad and dh

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's been another one of those days. Nothing too serious but Tim was at Urgent Care last night and back for blood work once we got up this morning (after he worked until 11:30). We both did a couple hours work midday then off for a nice walk. WHile we wait for the medical types to figure out what's going on I am trying him on a low fiber diet for a few days. Maybe keeping everything quiet will help. I peeled carrots and sweet potatoes for the first time in years. Made a really yummy carrot apple ginger soup to go with baked fish. I'll have to add extra fiber to my other meals and snacks to make up for dinner.

It's his weekend to work so I will also work tomorrow then work on the pile of house and yard chores Sunday.

Jennifer - hope you are resting comfortably tonight.

I do believe it's time for a glass of wine!
Closed Thread