Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #1  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Default Those last 50lbs...

I know many people talk about the last 20lbs or 10lbs but I feel like I'm stuck a bit on this last 50lbs! I mean, I started at nearly 300lbs so it's been a full year for me.

I am tall and hold my weight relatively well, but I still feel 'big'.

I am not trying to belittle my accomplishments at all, because they have been enormous, but some days I just feel so ready to be 'done'.(whatever that means )

I am still losing weight pretty consistently so I've not necessarily plateaued or anything...I'm just losing drive I suppose. I am trying not to look in the mirror and only see '50lbs left to lose' staring back at me.

/sigh

I wonder if any of you are in that place where it just feels like it's going to take forever, even if you've already lost a ton of weight?
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Losing a lot of weight is very taxing! Emotionally, physically, psychologically so I can understand the need to be done with it. It might help if you focus on maintainance for a while, maintainance is a great thing to practice anyway since you will eventually have to maintain your weight loss forever. Sometimes it's better not to put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect.

Today for example has been so hectic for me, running around dropping off at school, getting chores done, shopping for dinner, cleaning, laundry etc, I have hardly had a moment to breathe since morning. And all day I've had this horrible dread of making dinner, I don't know why. When I went into the kitchen to start prepping I started crying which is a clear sign that I'm about to have an anxiety attack. So I stopped what I was doing, went and sat down and took some deep breaths then went and made myself a cup of tea (which I'm drinking right now). I told my husband I'm not making dinner tonight and he was like "fine, let's order something" and that was it. Everything is still in the fridge and ready to become tomorrow night's dinner. But for today I'm finished, totally finished not another stitch of work.

I know that's not the same thing but you gotta know when to let up on yourself.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10"

First, congratulations on your weight loss! That is wonderful! Second, it is completely understandable to feel that way. Hard core dieting is exhausting and sometimes you just want a break! That leads me to something I just came across recently that may or may not help you. I tend to diet really hard and focused, then get sick of it and go way off, eating everything in site for months until I finally get motivation again (and then I have to lose the extra weight I gained back!). That is obviously not smart.

This article talks about taking a planned break for a specific amount of time (10-14 days) where you eat at maintenance level calories (very important to know it is not a time to go crazy over eating!). The idea of having a break with a planned end date works well with me because I can focus on losing weight until I go home to visit family for Christmas, and then take a planned dieting break and enjoy food to a healthy extent.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ll-diet-break/

Hope this helps!
FutureFitMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #4  
I feel ya

S/C/G: 287/229/178

Height: 5'6

I can totally relate. I started at 287 and every pound has been a fight tooth and nail. I feel like only having 50 pounds left to my goal is really being in the home stretch. But then it sinks in.. OMG I still have to lose 50 POUNDS..then I get sad. lol
Empathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #5  

it's been posted b4 -but it's soooo worth repeating - try not to look at the end game - make yourself mini-goals -5 lbs OR - if necessary -even 1 lb goals - whatever you need to keep the momentum! Like many of us here - I get to a point where I'm looking and feeling so much better, I get a bit loosey-goosey with my eating plan and have a difficult time getting back into losing mode -so am going to enjoy maintenance for a bit longer and then start up using the small weight loss goals to bring me into the home stretch!! Good Luck all - hope this helps...
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Just keep trying. You are still losing which is great. When you hit the 170s or perhaps 160s things may really slow up. I am stuck in the 160s and am beginning to accept that this is where I will probably stay.

So stay on target and when your body naturally plateaus begin slowly to accept it. That's my plan. I won't call goal yet, but realistically I should...

In summary, you probably don't have 50lbs to lose. But let your body tell you that. Less so your head.

Last edited by IanG; 09-20-2014 at 11:07 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I've lost 44 lbs and still have 48 to go. It's good to im the middle of this process but sometimes it's disheartening. Weight loss has slow down and i don't want to lower my food intake too much. I'm making important changes on my exercising routine, though. I've programmed myself to lose the 48 lbs left in 14 months.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

So you're in a dangerous place and you can't lose drive now permanently. Of course, we're all going to wax and wane. But there is no end game so you can't ever be done.

You, me, we all need a paradigm shift sometimes. Last year, I was in a bad place. Then I had an epiphany. Anyway, sometimes you just need to figuratively sit yourself down and have a good talking to. Quit? It seems like an option but it's really not. Paradigm shift. I wish for you that your drive returns because it does make it so, so much easier. Look in the mirror and see you. I know, sounds dumb but I'm weird like that. (That, is not a change. I've always been different.)
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #9  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Thank you all for the advice.

I actually don't count calories, I eat Primal so lots of veggies, fruit, meat, dairy and nuts but not grains or refined sugar. I think my body will just kind of naturally balance at a weight it likes. I am thinking between 140 and 150.

Anyways, that makes the idea of 'maintenance' a little different for me.

Some days I will just eat as much as I want of whatever I want as long as it is primal and other days I have full cheat days where I eat pizza and stuff, but only once or twice a month.

I am in a good place with my eating but not necessarily with the waiting. I guess I am just ready for my body to reflect some of all these healthy changes!
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote