General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 391/352/155

Height: 5:8

Default having a low day

Today is not a good day. Had a stupid fall out with my hubby this morning over the way he talks to the kids. Problem is a fall out in our house is always made ten times worse by my husband's depression.Even after ive apologised he will push me to the point were I feel like I'm going to crack. I've only been back on weight watchers for a week and a half and he's told me he scared I'll lose the weight and leave him. which is never going to happen and I've told him that. I'm convinced he's trying to sabotage my diet by pushing me to comfort eat. As he has done in the past. And it's hard not to. So I've come on here rather then go to the fridge. I hope you don't mind my rant. I don't have any one I can turn to and I so determined I won't let him keep me fat.
amyglistens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #2  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hang in there! Not sure if itīs possible, but maybe bring your husband a little into your healthy world? Take a walk together, use it for some bonding time and he might as well feel more secure if he is part of your process.

In any case, it is not ok for him to act like he is. I can understand where he is coming from (own insecurities and fears), but as hard as it, you canīt let him drag you down.
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #3  

I have done everything I can to make him a part of the prossess . I've finally got him to eat the meals I eat even though I have to juggle what I make because he is so fussy. I spent four hours last Friday planning our meals together to make sure he would look forward to eating dinner and not back out and buy a take away. I don't know. I just don't think he sees how serious things are for me. We'be got three children and I want to see them grow up. I dontvwant to be the fat mum any more.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Take care of yourself today! I try to always remind myself when my hubby and I are having a disagreement, that this too shall pass.

I never had any long-term success with weight loss until I joined 3FC. By getting into the routine of posting here every single day I've found that I can stay on track better and come here and vent when I need to.

My husband struggles with depression too and over the years I've learned some gentle ways to make suggestions when I have feelings of my own. He seems to think that other couples never have disagreements which just isn't the case.

Losing weight is definitely a long-term process and sometimes it's easiest to just take it one day at a time.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyglistens View Post
I've only been back on weight watchers for a week and a half and he's told me he scared I'll lose the weight and leave him. which is never going to happen and I've told him that. I'm convinced he's trying to sabotage my diet by pushing me to comfort eat. As he has done in the past. And it's hard not to. So I've come on here rather then go to the fridge. I hope you don't mind my rant. I don't have any one I can turn to and I so determined I won't let him keep me fat.

Instead of the weight loss, which seems to trigger insecurities, can you emphasize the health aspects of your losing weight? Your other post says you want to see your kids grow up - that's pretty darn important!!

Good luck with Weight Watchers!

Last edited by Mountain Mamma; 09-17-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #6  

Well I managed to get through yesterday.Thank you for the advice. And today's another day. Hubby is back on track and hopefully we won't have any issues for a while.