Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:05 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Chat Tuesday 9/9/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

I just want to throw out a big thank you to pishposhapplesauce for posting the recipe for the maple-ginger marinade several days ago. I made it last night and marinated chicken thighs in it, baked them, and my entire family loved it. I will definitely be making that again. Thanks!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Happy Tuesday Everyone..

Long day ahead for me so my cooler is packed. Jeans on today that certainly need a belt Guess I really need to pull out the fall / winter wardrobe and figure it out. I know I need a new winter coat for sure. I have one that I used last year that I am certain will be way too big. Need to find a nice warm one since I spend a lot of time in hockey rinks with DS playing Ice Hockey...

Getting my hair cut today. I wear my hair kinda long to hid my face...Thinking one of my rewards (maybe 50lbs or under 200) will be a great new hair style. I have worn the same way for years. Shoulder length, highlighted and very straight....Hummm that may be a great reward
Old 09-09-2014, 07:50 AM   #4  

Morning all!
Sgrealtor1, a haircut sounds like a great idea! I am toying with the idea as well but am a little nervous to change something so major! Lol.

A great miracle happened this morning - I jogged for 15 minutes straight when I was out for my walk! Now, before anyone gets excited, realize that it was more of a slow lumbering than a smooth trot, lol. I did remind myself of the old saying "I may not be the fastest, but I am lapping everyone on the couch!"
It was just amazing to see that I could do it. I'm amazed. I don't have great plans to turn into a runner or anything but it was neat to just try something I wasn't sure I could do.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Way to go GraceRev! Being able to do something you never thought you could is so exhilarating!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #6  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Happy Tuesday Everyone..

Long day ahead for me so my cooler is packed. Jeans on today that certainly need a belt Guess I really need to pull out the fall / winter wardrobe and figure it out. I know I need a new winter coat for sure. I have one that I used last year that I am certain will be way too big. Need to find a nice warm one since I spend a lot of time in hockey rinks with DS playing Ice Hockey...

Getting my hair cut today. I wear my hair kinda long to hid my face...Thinking one of my rewards (maybe 50lbs or under 200) will be a great new hair style. I have worn the same way for years. Shoulder length, highlighted and very straight....Hummm that may be a great reward
Hooray on needing a belt - that's terrific!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Morning all!
Sgrealtor1, a haircut sounds like a great idea! I am toying with the idea as well but am a little nervous to change something so major! Lol.

A great miracle happened this morning - I jogged for 15 minutes straight when I was out for my walk! Now, before anyone gets excited, realize that it was more of a slow lumbering than a smooth trot, lol. I did remind myself of the old saying "I may not be the fastest, but I am lapping everyone on the couch!"
It was just amazing to see that I could do it. I'm amazed. I don't have great plans to turn into a runner or anything but it was neat to just try something I wasn't sure I could do.
What a wonderful accomplishment - congratulations!!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #7  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Morning all!

Woohoo! Awesome! The couch to 5k program is a great way to build up your stamina and get you running for 20-30 minutes. That is something that maybe you can try? Also maybe signing up for a 5k to keep you motivated. 5ks are fun races to "compete" in. You find everyone from seasoned runners to walkers entering those races. And now they have normal 5ks and themed 5ks (like the color me rad, the foam 5k, the zombie 5k, etc.)

I'm not running right now obviously (I'm in P1) but one of my goals is to run a half marathon...and I am NOT a "runner". The feeling of accomplishment though when you meet your "running" goals is so incredible as you see from your experience.

Last edited by nat1015; 09-09-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #8  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All,

GraceRev that's great. I'm sure it felt awesome!!.

I am up super early this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. This morning was my WI and I am very pleased with 2.6lb loss. The last few weeks were pretty slow. I'm hoping this will be a new trend for me. Happy Day
I cannot believe that I am almost to the 150's. I never ever believed I could get to this point.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #9  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good morning! Had a super busy weekend working on a tshirt quilt with my grandma.

I only lost 0.4 at weigh in yesterday. Sitting at 200.8. Hoping for onederland next week!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Woohoo! Awesome! The couch to 5k program is a great way to build up your stamina and get you running for 20-30 minutes. That is something that maybe you can try? Also maybe signing up for a 5k to keep you motivated. 5ks are fun races to "compete" in. You find everyone from seasoned runners to walkers entering those races. And now they have normal 5ks and themed 5ks (like the color me rad, the foam 5k, the zombie 5k, etc.)

I'm not running right now obviously (I'm in P1) but one of my goals is to run a half marathon...and I am NOT a "runner". The feeling of accomplishment though when you meet your "running" goals is so incredible as you see from your experience.
Great job!! And I agree - 5k's are a great experience even for non-runners! I turned 40 this year and I've done at least one every month. I got into the obstacle 5k's and will definitely be scheduling more of those next year, but even when I did the straight 5K's I walked more than I ran...but I FINISHED every one - it's a rush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning! Had a super busy weekend working on a tshirt quilt with my grandma.

I only lost 0.4 at weigh in yesterday. Sitting at 200.8. Hoping for onederland next week!

Hope everyone has a great day.
LOL you will probably hear this a lot...but "ONLY" is a four-letter word around here Every loss is a loss no matter how small! Take two sticks of butter and hold them in your hand - that's what is no longer attached to your body anymore! I know lower loss weeks can be frustrating but you are doing awesome! Seems like our bodies know how badly we want to get into "ONEderland" and they fight us for every ounce we lose until we get past that mark!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Goal: 150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!
Thanks for your response Lisa. I had actually tried the Simply chips awhile ago after I saw you had mention that they were soy-free. Thanks for the tip! I really like them. There is also a proti-diet chip that's made with pea protein (I think the chipotle ones maybe) and they are ok but I prefer the Simply chips.
So I have a question for you all. I am one who is really motivated by an official weigh-in to keep me focused and on track. I love going in and seeing my weight go down and I am ok on the weeks when it's slower bc I know the next week will likely be better. So as a second time around IPer, and doing it on my own vs a coach at a clinic like my first time, I feel like I'm missing something. I have a good scale but I want that extra motivation. A friend suggested weighing in at WW but following IP protocol. Does anybody else do this or have ideas for motivation? I know last time knowing I had an upcoming weigh in would really keep my mind focused so that it was easier to turn down any temptations, esp late night when I can tend to get tempted.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdmom2 View Post
So I have a question for you all. I am one who is really motivated by an official weigh-in to keep me focused and on track. I love going in and seeing my weight go down and I am ok on the weeks when it's slower bc I know the next week will likely be better. So as a second time around IPer, and doing it on my own vs a coach at a clinic like my first time, I feel like I'm missing something. I have a good scale but I want that extra motivation. A friend suggested weighing in at WW but following IP protocol. Does anybody else do this or have ideas for motivation? I know last time knowing I had an upcoming weigh in would really keep my mind focused so that it was easier to turn down any temptations, esp late night when I can tend to get tempted.
I started on IP the first time with a coach then switched to alternatives after 3 months and stayed on the program for a total of 8 months. I scheduled weigh ins just as if I was still going to a clinic, and posted every weigh in here! It's really no different than going to the clinic - set up a time and write it on the calendar, and plan to take your measurements and weight yourself then post here for accountability! I keep my scale stored out of sight and only pull it out for weigh in day so it's not staring me in the face all week
Old 09-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Stopping into the daily chat to re-introduce myself. Between March and June I lost about 25 pounds using alternatives. Then went to a wedding and fell off the wagon never to climb back on... and over the summer regained 15 pounds.

So I started over last week and have been doing really well - down 3 pounds as of this morning!

I've been lurking but thought I'd chime in and maybe participate in the "what are you eating" thread. I find that keeps me on the straight and narrow when I have to report on what I'm taking in.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #14  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Lisa, for the life of me I can't find he post you made about what percentage of protein, Carbs, etc to set your myfitnesspal to. I finally figured out where to update it and now I can't locate your post.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217.4/150/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! Congrats on everyone's progress! So, I have a question to ask. Is it normal to feel joint pains/soreness? Recently when I have been sitting awhile and I get up my pelvic area just hurts. My coach says it could be shrinking pains..kinda like growing pains. I like her idea but was curious if anyone else is experiencing what I am talking about. Thanks
Closed Thread