South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default September 5 and TGIF!

Good morning. Another 86ºF day ahead and then a drastic cool-down to more normal September weather.

I must remember to turn on the AC before I head for the Hall this morning. I still have a lot of veggie prep to do for today's lunch but will work here at home as much as possible. (No AC at the Town Hall.) Still no idea how many people to expect for lunch but I'll cope.

When I was out back picking parsley yesterday, Minnie came bounding towards me. (She looks like a gazelle - leaping rather than running.) Suddenly I realized Jazz was loose too. I finally found him in a neighbour's yard - Ron said he thought Jazz was a skunk without a white stripe! Yes, he's found another exit! Grrr! So it's long lead time again as I have no time today to check all the fence.

Time to prep carrots and celery and tackle the day. I think there will be lots of leftovers for a veggy soup.

What's happening in your house today as we wind down for the weekend? ?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Got my coffee and an flying off to work!! Will be back later.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

What grand fun those two children had yesterday, I bet! I love hearing your stories on your pups, Ruth. I hope your luncheon goes well.

Yesterday was great - my boss finally (kinda) made an offer for me, and I admit...I am overwhelmed. I go from a place that (still says) I caused so many issues and I was a trouble maker, to a job that I am appreciated and respected...and paid nicely to do so! AND, dropping a day to boot! (hey Linda, maybe I can go visit a day then!). I am so grateful.

Which leads to less stress eating! I did have a few sips of DH's wine last night, and I was LOO-PEE. LOL...I haven't had wine in a few months (less stress at work....), and apparently I can't handle it anymore. I did have a few of my kids' jelly bellys, then proceeded to have a dream last night that I started binging on candy....PHEW, this morning I realized it was just a dream!

I guess I should start my day. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-05-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Ruth. Beth, Twynn (and chicks to follow)! Man oh man are my feet sore today! I signed up for a Virtual 5K that had to be completed sometime between August 31 and September 7. I did a practice "run" on the beach Wednesday morning and then my 5K yesterday morning. I totally underestimated how sore my feet would be after a barefoot 5K on the beach, LOL But, I finished. I don't run (I hate it) and it took me just over an hour, but I got it done.

One more day of work and then I'll be off for the weekend. No plans today except for Zumba and maybe getting my uniform pants hemmed and some patches sewn on my new shirts. Exciting life I lead, yanno?

Hope everybody has a great day!

Last edited by Natasha1534; 09-05-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What's happening here? A lot of packing and checking lists, and taking care of things since I'll be away for a week.

I have a Dr. apptm. first thing, which is just a follow-up and to hear the results of my MRI. Then I have lots of errands to run including going to the bank and getting Jake his groceries for the week. Oh, and I have laundry to do before I can complete my packing. My SIL has to work part of the day, so we're taking off as soon as she gets home. We have the house from Saturday to Saturday, so we plan on getting there at midnight tonight.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

What's happening here today? LOL i'm sitting out on the porch with a nice cuppa coffee, fortunately dressed because I locked myself out. I think I have a way back in but I'm going to enjoy my coffee first because it's a very nice morning. We are setting my sister up to be able to come and go here and have a place of her own though she does her treatments so I think that getting some spare keys to hide outside would be a good thing for me to do before I leave today. Everything always happens for a reason.

Anyway, I might be back later. I guess I'll see if I can figure out how to get back in the house.

Linda, have a great vacation!

Tammy, congrats on new job situation!

Ruth, I hope you find where the dogs are getting out.

Beth, I hope your day goes smoothly! See you later.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-05-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning and TGIF,

Another 90 degrees here and they we go to the 70's so looking forward to it. I was dripping sweat on my run this morning so humid.

DD2 did not end up going to soccer because we had 2 hours of math homework to do. I am good at math but I had to go to online resource to figure out how to do what they wanted. 6th grade math jeesh. I have taken calculus and it didn't seem as complicated as this common core stuff.

Ruth, Jazz is to fences like my Blue is to harness'. I will let Blue out and hook her up so she can go and come back 30 minutes later to let her in and she has escaped from her harness.

Beth have fun at work is this the day the kids show up?

Tywnn congratulations doesn't it feel good to be appreciated.

Natasha way to go on your 5K, I don't think I could have done it barefoot even on the sand.

Cottage enjoy your week away, have fun!

Debbie hope you are able to get back in without too much hassle.

Today is wfh for me and then DD2 is going to a dance tonight and our town is having it's Trentonfest this weekend and she will be in the parade tomorrow as well.

Have a great Friday everyone!!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Ladies. It's hot and humid here today too, and will be more so tomorrow. There is a funeral at my church for a very active member who passed, and the funeral will be very well attended, over 200 people in all liklihood. Tomorrow is going to up upwards of 90 degrees here and humid, and the church is not air conditioned. There's a reception after, in a hall that does have ac. So at least we will get a break then.

Today is just work, then there's an orientation program for the new afterschool program my son will be attending. Tomorrow I'm going to be busy all day with the funeral and reception, and Sunday will be the day to get my house in order - it's a complete mess - and do some cooking and prep for next week. I plan to be on Phase 1 all week. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Matilda sorry for your loss

Natasha awesome job on your 5k

Ruth I love your pup stories. Coconut can be trusted off the leash, but not Mick. Even at 15 he is still a runner.....way faster then me

Tammy, so happy you are less stressed and appreciated at work

Debbie hope you got back in lol but such a positive attitude

Pearlrose think of all the water weight you lost today

A etch hope the kids behave in your class.

As for me, I think I should see a swoosh tomorrow. Boy do I sweat on days like these at work lol. On Monday Pamela will be issued her father's shield by our Chief of the Department. Her mom, John and I will be there. It is still a surprise. I am working overtime in Beacon, but I have been tasked (willingly) to get Pamela to the city Monday. Tomorrow I am telling her a different Chief wants to meet with us Monday as we are being sent to attend the NY Women in Law Enforcement Conference. hehehe a little white lie in this situation shouldn't hurt.
I was shocked that they are letting me go since my OT is roughly 2 hours north of NYC.

Been sticking to clean eating and daily work outs which feels great....Ok time to put the clothes in the dryer. Boy my days are long lol. Have a great night.
Closed Thread