Old 09-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #1  

Default Hi from NYC vegan!

Hi everyone!

I'd love to start a weight-loss accountability group, where we can share our meals for the day, swap tips and advice, and have buddies to vent to when things aren't going as well as we'd like. Anyone interested in joining me?

A bit about me: I'm vegan and would love to lose a few pounds I've put on in recent months, and tone up. I'd also like to start eating healthier foods. I don't eat terribly, but I haven't been doing too great in recent years. I eat too much pre-made food (for example, Fiber One makes these vegan gummies, and I had like 4 packets tonight--70 calories each). It's not horrible stuff, but it's not great, and I'd like to incorporate more whole foods into my diet.

So, who's with me!
heyhey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome HeyHey! Feel free to start a thread in here and people may jump on! There isn't a huge community of vegans here, but there are a few of us around!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #3  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I'm here and ready to post. I am thinking of starting a blog or instagram since my friends/family keep asking what we eat as vegans. I try to use whole foods as much as possible. It's hard being busy but I know it'll be better for me in the long run.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/168.8

Height: 5ft 2in

That is a great idea Mizzthingaling. I am vegetarian but trying to move over to being vegan. Its hard as I don't have much imagination where food is concerned or a whole lot of money to buy whole foods - are they are expensive in the US as they are over here? I would love to read some ideas and inspiration for new meals.
aryastark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #5  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Aryastark, yes yes yes they are. I don't even understand why whole foods are so expensive. I have been trying to shop the sales and clearance at the grocery store as much as possible.

I am also considering signing up at Costco. Another idea I had was to start sprouting out own seeds and growing our own herbs. Every little bit helps. When we move to a bigger place I will go bigger.

We're going to can and ferment as well. I think that will work when I find a good sale.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote