Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 8/29/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

lisa32989 how I have missed your face!!

So here I am beginning another journey on IP (using alternative products). For those who haven't been here that long I hit maintenance last February after 8 months on IP/Alternatives with over 70lbs lost. I was doing really well, but a LONG series of life changes hit me in quick succession that summer. I got a new job with new hours and little opportunity to move around during the day. We moved to a new town. I started school to complete my degree. All things that threw a major monkey wrench in my maintenance plans. End result? 30 of my 70 lost came creeping back.

But I don't consider that a failure. I didn't backtrack all the way to where I was when I first stepped on the IP track. I recognize where I was ill-prepared for maintenance....I didn't have a solid eating plan to maintain - yes I had some great ideas, but didn't really have time to put them into consistent practice before life threw me a bunch of curveballs. I had more time for intense fitness before the move, and when I scaled back due to my hours at work I didn't have that safety net anymore. I have been successfully MAINTAINING my current weight, at an exercise level I can achieve, for a few months now. So I feel like I have a better handle on life AFTER IP than the first time.

I was a little hesitant to post this morning, but one thing I knew is that THIS group is what kept me on track last time, and the people here have always been amazing

I'm shooting to get back near my original goal weight by Christmas, and I look forward to riding the roller coaster with you all
Old 08-29-2014, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

So here I am beginning another journey on IP (using alternative products). For those who haven't been here that long I hit maintenance last February after 8 months on IP/Alternatives with over 70lbs lost. I was doing really well, but a LONG series of life changes hit me in quick succession that summer. I got a new job with new hours and little opportunity to move around during the day. We moved to a new town. I started school to complete my degree. All things that threw a major monkey wrench in my maintenance plans. End result? 30 of my 70 lost came creeping back.

But I don't consider that a failure. I didn't backtrack all the way to where I was when I first stepped on the IP track. I recognize where I was ill-prepared for maintenance....I didn't have a solid eating plan to maintain - yes I had some great ideas, but didn't really have time to put them into consistent practice before life threw me a bunch of curveballs. I had more time for intense fitness before the move, and when I scaled back due to my hours at work I didn't have that safety net anymore. I have been successfully MAINTAINING my current weight, at an exercise level I can achieve, for a few months now. So I feel like I have a better handle on life AFTER IP than the first time.

I was a little hesitant to post this morning, but one thing I knew is that THIS group is what kept me on track last time, and the people here have always been amazing

I'm shooting to get back near my original goal weight by Christmas, and I look forward to riding the roller coaster with you all
WELCOME BACK Scorbett!!!

We are so GLAD to have you back, though with your motivation and great determination to stick to IP, it might be a short visit!

Isn't it great that once we know the power of IP, we always have a smart way to drop those pounds that do sneak back on us. And maintenance is an on-going learning process. You have a clear idea of what obstacles you have had and now a plan to step right over them next time they jump in front of you!!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

Thank you!!

It's nice to see familiar faces, and it's a good reminder that if nothing else, I need to stick around here even when I'm back where I want to be

I was happy to see the new protocol sheets in the FAQ thread - quite a few changes from the last time! Cucumbers are about to become my best friend
Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #5  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back Scorbett1103 - I have seen you in various threads from the past and I think you shared some recipes I have adopted! Sorry you are back for a restart but happy to have you present with us as we all proceed on our journeys.

I guess that's one of the key mind sets we have to adopt to maintain successful loss - the journey is only begun with the weight loss - keeping it off requires equal determination and attn to details every day. It's really a lifetime journey.
And 3FC is a fine and valuable 'travel lounge' to hang out in along the way!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Morning all, well it's Friday and I begin my long w/e off. Doing well to date and just would like your thoughts on weighing in....daily, every other day or weekly. I tend to be a daily person, but I'm starting to consider that this may be a bad idea. No change can be a set up for failure. Thoughts???
Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #7  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, everyone! Scorbett, it's such a nice surprise to see you back. I'm doing a mini-reboot starting today since I can't seem to drop the 5 or so pounds I put on this year. It's not much, but I recognize it's just the start of the weight coming back if I don't take care of it now.

I've had a lot of changes in the last year as well - new home, retirement, health issues (my own and family), and it definitely made it a challenge to stay on track. I'm glad to have this forum as it is certainly one of the tools that made my journey with IP a success.

I have a big vacation coming up 9/17 and would like to be back near goal by then. If not, I'll be packing my packets alongside my clothes and scuba gear.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #8  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring413 View Post
Doing well to date and just would like your thoughts on weighing in....daily, every other day or weekly. I tend to be a daily person, but I'm starting to consider that this may be a bad idea. No change can be a set up for failure. Thoughts???
I've never been able to get out of the habit of weighing daily, but I only "officially" track once a week. That way I don't get too wrapped around the axle on daily fluctuations, and it lets me better see the overall trend.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome back Scorbett! What a lot to deal with in your life.

Quote:
Morning all, well it's Friday and I begin my long w/e off. Doing well to date and just would like your thoughts on weighing in....daily, every other day or weekly. I tend to be a daily person, but I'm starting to consider that this may be a bad idea. No change can be a set up for failure. Thoughts???
I think when you weigh in is kind of an individual thing. If you can weigh daily and just look at it as interesting information it's fine. If you let the daily number dictate your mood for the day, it's probably better to go weekly. Remember, the scale is just one measure of how you are doing (although it's fun to see the numbers go down!) but how you feel, how your clothes fit, etc., etc. are all just as important.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #10  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
I weigh daily but I do it with the understanding that the scale fluctuates from day to day for many reasons. I don't allow negative self-talk based on my daily WIs. The only weight that I really "focus" on is my weekly official weigh in and that is what I base my progress on.

If the fluctuations in the scale daily bother you and creates feelings inside of you like "oh this isn't working...why am I even bothering?", then I would just weigh weekly.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #11  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back Scorbett! You are going to rock phase 1 again!!!!

SOooooooo, not the best ending to my first phase 3 day yesterday. We are having problems with our air conditioning again, which led to a water spill all over our basement floor (gaaaaaah), by the time I had finished cleaning it up it was time for me to go to work (hadn't even had my lunch). I did manage to get an on-plan salad at the convenience store next to my work BUT, when I got home last night at 9:45pm, I was exhausted and in no mood to make myself a full dinner.

So I drank an EAS shake and called it a night....felt like my least worst option.

Could be worse, I know. I could've eaten something off-plan in from the fridge OR snuck through a drive-through. But I really want to keep to the protocol since I know it's written this way for a reason.

Anyway, good news was that my first carby breakfast didn't seem to trigger hunger the rest of the day. Quite the opposite, as evidenced by my lack of appetite! I am committing to only working ONE late night a week during the school year (since I don't get to see my kids really at all on my late late days), and I think I just need to get in all my food BEFORE I start my sessions and just leave my IP snack for after work.

I think maintenance will be easier as far as my weird schedule, since IP is written for someone with a more traditional schedule who has evenings free to eat a big dinner!

Excited to get my second phase 3 breakfast today!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/189/115

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks for the feedback on wi's...I guess I knew the answer but just wanted advice from all of you who are doing so well.
You all are really a great support to me!!!

Last edited by Spring413; 08-29-2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: spelling and additional comment
Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Welcome back Scorbett1103 - I have seen you in various threads from the past and I think you shared some recipes I have adopted! Sorry you are back for a restart but happy to have you present with us as we all proceed on our journeys.

I guess that's one of the key mind sets we have to adopt to maintain successful loss - the journey is only begun with the weight loss - keeping it off requires equal determination and attn to details every day. It's really a lifetime journey.
So true! It's so easy to forget that we are not "naturally thin" or we wouldn't be here! We have to do battle with our bodies/minds every day to stay where we want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Good morning, everyone! Scorbett, it's such a nice surprise to see you back. I'm doing a mini-reboot starting today since I can't seem to drop the 5 or so pounds I put on this year. It's not much, but I recognize it's just the start of the weight coming back if I don't take care of it now.

I've had a lot of changes in the last year as well - new home, retirement, health issues (my own and family), and it definitely made it a challenge to stay on track. I'm glad to have this forum as it is certainly one of the tools that made my journey with IP a success.

I have a big vacation coming up 9/17 and would like to be back near goal by then. If not, I'll be packing my packets alongside my clothes and scuba gear.
Hey lady!! I think my biggest mistake was falling off the forum. Even when we're on the other side of weight loss, the accountability and support here is a lifeline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Welcome back Scorbett! What a lot to deal with in your life.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Welcome back Scorbett! You are going to rock phase 1 again!!!!

SOooooooo, not the best ending to my first phase 3 day yesterday. We are having problems with our air conditioning again, which led to a water spill all over our basement floor (gaaaaaah), by the time I had finished cleaning it up it was time for me to go to work (hadn't even had my lunch). I did manage to get an on-plan salad at the convenience store next to my work BUT, when I got home last night at 9:45pm, I was exhausted and in no mood to make myself a full dinner.

So I drank an EAS shake and called it a night....felt like my least worst option.

Could be worse, I know. I could've eaten something off-plan in from the fridge OR snuck through a drive-through. But I really want to keep to the protocol since I know it's written this way for a reason.

Anyway, good news was that my first carby breakfast didn't seem to trigger hunger the rest of the day. Quite the opposite, as evidenced by my lack of appetite! I am committing to only working ONE late night a week during the school year (since I don't get to see my kids really at all on my late late days), and I think I just need to get in all my food BEFORE I start my sessions and just leave my IP snack for after work.

I think maintenance will be easier as far as my weird schedule, since IP is written for someone with a more traditional schedule who has evenings free to eat a big dinner!

Excited to get my second phase 3 breakfast today!
Enjoy P3!!! The breakfasts were always the highlight of my day And good job managing your mishap (though I wouldn't really call it a slip, just a day that got away from you! It's not like you scarfed down a Big Mac!)

Quote:
My rally cry has always been DO NOT WEIGH DAILY! Unless you are the type of person who can emotionally detach from the scale (meaning the natural fluctuations throughout the day/week have no effect on you) it's best to stick to once weekly weigh-ins, at the same time of day if you can. Too many things can make the numbers do tricks...many things that are out of your control. Best to just keep to weekly weigh ins and watch the trends!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #14  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Welcome back. I remember you from when I originally did IP last year. I appreciated all of your knowledge and advice. You can do this !!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #15  

scorbett1103
Welcome back!
So great to see another friendly face!
Glad you checked the stickies for the updated Phase sheets. Whether you choose to follow those or the way you did it before, it'll be important to know the new "rules" because I know how much you help others! (Cukes are in season, girl!)

Myself and my buddies here are happy dancing seeing your name & face

I'm still struggling with plateaus.
My weight is up a bit from vacation & it isn't really coming off at IP speed. (Dropped 5 in the last month)

Still trying to figure out what is causing the stall but I'M NOT LEAVING. I WILL GET TO GOAL and learn to maintain for life!

For anyone whose coach tells them it is impossible not to lose weight or to gain on IP, I'm calling BS. There are many hormones at play, including insulin, leptin, gherlin, and more. A coach is in the biz long enough will encounter someone whose body has resistance to weight reduction. Not every body cooperates.

I'm SO GLAD I'm no longer 260. I can move better and feel better most days. I've learned that maintenance for me will be only a bit more food than weight loss phases (mostly like P3). A fun day for me equals about a week of P1. I really need to decide carefully whether that is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

If you read the maintainers thread, you'll see they think it is HARDER than losing the weight was!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-29-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Closed Thread